Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Since J'ai pas vingt ans! applies much more to mental characteristics than physical ones, I'd go as far as saying that it actually applies to Alizée now more than it did when she was 18. She is now more than 20 years old, and while she has matured, she is still very much like a child in a lot of ways. Because of the physical growth, she has to emphasize feeling young inside.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post
Very valid point!
Well, and because the translation is not really exact and it doesn't quite work that way in French, it's not actually valid (but I thought the same thing). Regardless, if she's still singing ML, she should be able to sing any of the other songs we want to hear most - it might just not have as personal a reflection and therefore moving meaning to us, regardless of espire's possibly valid point. Either way, I think I'd rather hear original version live, particularly if I was there cause I never got to do that. But, I guess I can face the reality that she is not the same and the songs will not be the same either, I just wish the main impact of the song (of the music) would be kept, because the music can be exactly the same. If you change the music significantly, it's not really the same song. There are all kinds of remixes of various of the songs and I really like some of them and listen for a change sometimes, but even if some of the tune is there and her singing is there, it's not the same song.
Either way, a fun and unique experience of Alizée singing in concert is what I am going to see, hear and very much enjoy, I'm sure.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Since J'ai pas vingt ans! applies much more to mental characteristics than physical ones, I'd go as far as saying that it actually applies to Alizée now more than it did when she was 18. She is now more than 20 years old, and while she has matured, she is still very much like a child in a lot of ways. Because of the physical growth, she has to emphasize feeling young inside.
I think she should keep singing JPVA because it is just a great song. She wouldn't stop singing it because she isn't twenty right?

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:43 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I'm sure she would have better reasons to stop singing one of her best songs
Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, and because the translation is not really exact and it doesn't quite work that way in French, it's not actually valid (but I thought the same thing). Regardless, if she's still singing ML, she should be able to sing any of the other songs we want to hear most - it might just not have as personal a reflection and therefore moving meaning to us, regardless of espire's possibly valid point.

Either way, I think I'd rather hear original version live, particularly if I was there cause I never got to do that. But, I guess I can face the reality that she is not the same and the songs will not be the same either, I just wish the main impact of the song (of the music) would be kept, because the music can be exactly the same. If you change the music significantly, it's not really the same song.

There are all kinds of remixes of various of the songs and I really like some of them and listen for a change sometimes, but even if some of the tune is there and her singing is there, it's not the same song.

Either way, a fun and unique experience of Alizée singing in concert is what I am going to see, hear and very much enjoy, I'm sure.
Let me say first off - i don't recall where i read that bit about re-orchestrating of her old stuff - I remember reading it, just not where!

I have listened to MANY remixes, and maybe i'm just an old "stick in the mud" - but anytime someone ELSE sings "Pour some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard it just makes me CRINGE! Like running fingernails down a blackboard kind of cringe!

Having said that - Life is change. Some of our members are exhibiting signs of not being comfortable with this aspect of life. I can "almost" guarantee you that "change" is going to be just about the only "constant" in your life..

I would love to hear her Gourmandese and MCE songs in their original versions, however, that isn't where her head is at (apparently). She wants to change them, willy-nilly! Their going to get changed! Would i have stopped listening to Def Leppard if they changed PsSoM? Nope - but omg! when anyone else does!

Look forward, not back young people, the future is coming, and it won't wait for you to turn around!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience