Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-28-2018, 01:27 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=CleverCowboy;260853]

I'm sure she guarded her heart from Gregoire as with all other men at first, but Gregoire had to first earn her trust. Her trusting him gave a solid foundation for love to eventually grow.

Edit:

Early on I knew Greg was in love with Alizee, but I wasn't sure of Alizee's love for him. For me, the proof came when Alizee made a scene of jealousy at DALS when Greg was working with Nathalie Péchalat. Nathalie was definitely someone to be jealous of. As a rule, Alizee is a private person who would never make an ugly spectacle of herself, but she did this time, humiliating herself by publically fighting for the man she loved. At an earlier date, she had stated in an interview that she was a jealous woman, but this was the first time we ever heard of her putting it on display.

Greg responded by quitting DALS and getting away from Nathalie to ease Alizee's concerns, and to demonstrate his love for her. In doing so he put his career at risk. I thought his gesture was gallant. It worked. It proved to Alizee that he would sacrifice himself for her, that he truly was hers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDK1d_MP8TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kZkQfdzfFU

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-28-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 01:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If I could name one personality attribute of Alizee that I admire the most, her loyalty would be it.

I didn't know he lost his love for her. Did she say that in an interview somewhere? It's hard to keep loving somebody that doesn't love you anymore, and I'm sure she had quite a battle inside because her loyal nature kept hoping he would love her again.
There's no concrete evidence of what actually went down, no he said, she said between the two, but if it was Alizee's fault and if it was Jeremy who was extremely devoted to family, then I would expect that Annily would be living with Jeremy instead of Alizee.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
For me, the proof of their love was when Alizee made a scene of jealousy at DALS when Greg was working with Nathalie Péchalat. Nathalie was definitely someone to be jealous of. As a rule, Alizee is a private person who would never make an ugly spectacle of herself, but she did this time, humiliating herself by publically fighting for the man she loved. At an earlier date, she had stated in an interview that she was a jealous woman, but this was the first time we ever heard of her putting it on display.

Greg responded by quitting DALS and getting away from Nathalie, to ease Alizee's concerns, and to demonstrate his love for her. In doing so he put his career at risk. I thought his gesture was gallant. It worked. It proved to Alizee that he would sacrifice himself for her, that he truly was hers.
I have suspected that Alizee would be the jealous type because, behind all that beauty, lies somebody who is very insecure about her looks. This is one of those things that might be rooted in her childhood, being teased about her glasses and not being accepted socially. Maybe she had a bf stolen from her by another girl when she was a teen.

She has admitted to making mistakes in her marriage to Jeremy. Maybe jealousy is one of them? After all, at one point she was fat and pregnant and he was still performing (as far as I know). He was very popular with the ladies.

I'm glad Gregoire proved his love, and I sincerely hope it was settled in her mind that he will be true to her. I would hate to hear that he has to keep proving it over and over again, because he will start getting bitter about it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-28-2018 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 02:24 PM

I don't think you are familiar with the story of what happened in DALS, I think it was the year after Alizee and Greg won, when Greg was matched up with another woman for that following season.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think you are familiar with the story of what happened in DALS, I think it was the year after Alizee and Greg won, when Greg was matched up with another woman for that following season.
No, I wasn't familiar, but I watched the links that Shepard provided and was able to at least get a general idea of what happened and what would set her off. I assumed that they were already a couple when this occurred.

Gregoire, on a professional level, probably comes in contact with a lot of beautiful women on a regular basis. Maybe he has to touch some because of the nature of his business. I'm sure it means nothing to him because Alizee is the love of his life. I am also guessing that Gregoire uses discretion in how he conducts himself around other females so as to not make her uncomfortable, as he should.

My point is that Alizee would need to keep the green monster in check to keep their relationship healthy.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
No, I wasn't familiar, but I watched the links that Shepard provided and was able to at least get a general idea of what happened and what would set her off. I assumed that they were already a couple when this occurred.

Gregoire, on a professional level, probably comes in contact with a lot of beautiful women on a regular basis. Maybe he has to touch some because of the nature of his business. I'm sure it means nothing to him because Alizee is the love of his life. I am also guessing that Gregoire uses discretion in how he conducts himself around other females so as to not make her uncomfortable, as he should.

My point is that Alizee would need to keep the green monster in check to keep their relationship healthy.
Well my take on what I 'think' happened is they put the contestants and the professional dancers into very close and often intimate positions and after losing her first husband, Alizée was getting very, very nervous and I don't think she'd ever ask Gregoire to pull out of the competition, but I think he saw that this was tearing her up inside, as it would just about any woman and 'he' made the very difficult decision, as he said he did, to pull out.

Edit:

Make no mistake about it, I'm sure as I can be that Jeremy loves Annily with all his heart, but with Alizée, a team of wild horses couldn't drag her away from Annily and that's not just an expression, that's the truth. I love this picture taken during the DALS competition. It shows Alizée almost crushing Annily with a hug after one of her performances.....

On another subject, here is a picture of Alizée during one of her performances in LE 2010...

Alizee and Annily.jpg

Alizee hair cut.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-28-2018 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I thought there were only rumors and speculation about why Greg left DALS5. Was any of it ever confirmed?
Old 03-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I thought there were only rumors and speculation about why Greg left DALS5. Was any of it ever confirmed?

I had said "Well my take on what I 'think' happened" and and I'll be the first to admit I could be completely wrong, but until we hear something official, which I'm sure will never happen, that's what I'll believe.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

You did. But others didn't.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM

Well Shepherd's views were right in line with mine, "Greg responded by quitting DALS and getting away from Nathalie to ease Alizee's concerns, and to demonstrate his love for her. In doing so he put his career at risk. I thought his gesture was gallant. It worked. It proved to Alizee that he would sacrifice himself for her, that he truly was hers." and I feel that's what most people believe. Alizee would never have asked him to drop out of the show.

If your going to wait for something official on this, you'll be waiting until the cows come home.