Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
And yet we have code of conduct on AAm regarding vulgarity. It may not be written down somewhere, but it is implied. If the f-bomb and everything else you might hear in popular songs is just our culture, why not just have a free for all on this forum and allow everything? The rules against it is not to protect a member or lurker who might be under 18, because they probably know way more choice words than I do.
Well like I said, time and place, right? This forum was created and is operated with that rule in mind. Within the context of this forum, profanity is not really a right fit, in my opinion. But you can search up F-bombs and more on threads and on the chatbox that have never been edited out. Most of the members active today are far over 18, are you suggesting that the rules are to protect them specifically?

Quote:
My older son is a teacher at a charter school in Austin. Inner city kids, 10-11. It's like a zoo and he wants out. Lots of problem kids and he nor the principal or anybody else can administer any kind of discipline for bad behavior. No detention or suspension or sticking them in a corner or anything else that seemed to work pretty good in times past. Nobody wanted to get sent to the principal's office because he had a paddle on the wall and will call your parents after he is done, then you get a paddling from your father for good measure.
Corporal punishment really isn't the answer. It creates an environment of fear and panic rather than actual structure and discipline. Strangely enough, its the kids who were paddled that are the parents today who would sue if a teacher laid a finger on a student. I assume that your son wasn't an "inner city problem child", and I don't blame him for not wanting to teach students like that. I also don't really come from that environment and I know I would struggle with that. My own view is that kids like those might learn better if they had teachers from their community or background. I've substituted for 'English as a second language' kids who were unsure about me at first, but totally opened up when I told them about my own experiences in their shoes. They raised hands for questions, participated, and it was also more rewarding for me than other days. I hope your son can find a school where he feels he can do the most good like I did that day.

Quote:
Kids should be focused on being a kid, but they are focused on growing up too fast. And now they are being told the earth will end in 10 years when it's not. I feel sorry for them.

Parents have their hands tied as well. A bad kid doesn't mean bad parenting. I've seen great kids with lousy parents, bad kids with good parents, and a combination of the above. There is a genetic component. My niece is nothing like her two other siblings who are the exact opposite.
I think we should side-step a climate change debate on the forum. Anyway, if there's a genetic component, wouldn't the siblings be similar instead of opposite?

Quote:
It will be slow, but it will come.
I'm curious about why you think so?
Hip-hop has been around maybe since the late 70s and from underground to mainstream it has survived and or adapted from the rise and fall of genres like disco, hair bands, grunge, and 90s girl/boy bands.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Well like I said, time and place, right? This forum was created and is operated with that rule in mind. Within the context of this forum, profanity is not really a right fit, in my opinion. But you can search up F-bombs and more on threads and on the chatbox that have never been edited out. Most of the members active today are far over 18, are you suggesting that the rules are to protect them specifically?
While it is instinctual for most adults to want to shield youth from the "adult" things in life, I wasn't suggesting that at all for the forum. However, having a no holds barred forum where there are no restrictions on language and no forum etiquette would divide the members. Half wouldn't care and go along with it, half would be offended and probably never come back. I've read a lot of old threads from the early days of this forum and am well aware of the language used and the subsequent infighting. We have a polite forum now and prefer it stay that way.

Quote:
Corporal punishment really isn't the answer. It creates an environment of fear and panic rather than actual structure and discipline. Strangely enough, its the kids who were paddled that are the parents today who would sue if a teacher laid a finger on a student. I assume that your son wasn't an "inner city problem child", and I don't blame him for not wanting to teach students like that. I also don't really come from that environment and I know I would struggle with that. My own view is that kids like those might learn better if they had teachers from their community or background. I've substituted for 'English as a second language' kids who were unsure about me at first, but totally opened up when I told them about my own experiences in their shoes. They raised hands for questions, participated, and it was also more rewarding for me than other days. I hope your son can find a school where he feels he can do the most good like I did that day.
Oh, my son (the oldest) was a problem child alright and a constant source of frustration. It is not because of an unstable home life either or that his needs were being unmet. A middle class life, no drugs or alcohol in the house, private schooling, church on Sunday, etc. He just was. I'm sure some of this teachers thought he had a troubled household. His younger brother was given the exact same environment and was just the opposite. They were like Cain and Abel. The older, on his own accord, changed completely at around 21 and we now have a wonderful relationship. He is working on his masters in something completely different to get out of teaching altogether. He loves the kids and from all the gifts and cards they bring him on the last day of the school year, they love him too.

I am neutral on how parents choose to discipline their kids unless there is something extreme going on. Corporal punishment can be a good deterrent in some situations. I think it should be the last resort though. Imagine if you had kids and one held the other outside a second story window by the ankles so that he was hanging upside down as a "joke". Yep, happened to me. The eldest is 5 years older and terrorized the younger this way, and he was 6 at the time. I didn't find out about it until 20 years later. If I had walked in on this, not sure what I would do. Do you?

I'm glad your students found a connection with you, but how practical is that on a large scale? You can't always find a teacher that have similar experiences with a classroom of kids, and doesn't that further divide the student body instead of teaching them to cooperate with others not like them? I thought diversity is the goal?

Quote:
I think we should side-step a climate change debate on the forum. Anyway, if there's a genetic component, wouldn't the siblings be similar instead of opposite?
I had no intention to lead the conversation to climate change. It was just an example of something that might cause students to view school as useless. I was a Cold War child and I remember having drills where we would get under out desks in case of a nuclear attack. Like that would help.

Regarding genetics, see above.

Quote:
I'm curious about why you think so?
Hip-hop has been around maybe since the late 70s and from underground to mainstream it has survived and or adapted from the rise and fall of genres like disco, hair bands, grunge, and 90s girl/boy bands.
It won't go away completely, but widespread interest will eventually start to wane and it will have to reinvent itself to stay relevant. A good example is country music. The Hank Williams/Johnny Cash style gave way to "New" country with the likes of Garth Brooks. Today is sounds more like rock, but it keeps evolving to stay on top as the most preferred music genre.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:53 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Alizee's appearance changes dramatically, from one setting to the next--- at times looking like a completely different girl. (Silencio and I were talking about this in another thread.)

So, questions:

1) Is Alizee aware of this?
2) What does she think of it?
Old 10-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am neutral on how parents choose to discipline their kids unless there is something extreme going on. Corporal punishment can be a good deterrent in some situations. I think it should be the last resort though. Imagine if you had kids and one held the other outside a second story window by the ankles so that he was hanging upside down as a "joke". Yep, happened to me. The eldest is 5 years older and terrorized the younger this way, and he was 6 at the time. I didn't find out about it until 20 years later. If I had walked in on this, not sure what I would do. Do you?
Hard to say, I wouldn't want the older brother to drop the younger out of surprise or panic. After pulling the younger one back inside I think I would hold onto them for dear life, because comforting them and calming them down is more important than beating the older sibling then and there. By the time I let go I think I would have stopped seeing red.

Quote:
I'm glad your students found a connection with you, but how practical is that on a large scale? You can't always find a teacher that have similar experiences with a classroom of kids, and doesn't that further divide the student body instead of teaching them to cooperate with others not like them? I thought diversity is the goal?
On a large scale? Not practical in the slightest. We were talking about problematic children though:

Quote:
I assume that your son wasn't an "inner city problem child", and I don't blame him for not wanting to teach students like that. I also don't really come from that environment and I know I would struggle with that. My own view is that kids like those might learn better if they had teachers from their community or background.
Quote:
My older son is a teacher at a charter school in Austin. Inner city kids, 10-11. It's like a zoo and he wants out. Lots of problem kids and he nor the principal or anybody else can administer any kind of discipline for bad behavior.
It's not that "diversity isn't the goal" but that kids who have difficult life experiences that impair their education might succeed if they see people who have walked in their shoes succeed too. There's a saying that, "you can't be what you can't see." If you are a kid that lives in a really small town or the inner city and you don't feel like there's much of a future for you, it can be tough. But if you have a mentor or teacher at school that has made it through the same challenges, that's a game changer. I will repeat though, this is just my own recent experience.

Quote:
Regarding genetics, see above.
Now I'm confused To clarify, I asked "wouldn't that mean they should be similar" because you said that there is a genetic component. Generally siblings share genetic traits

Quote:
There is a genetic component. My niece is nothing like her two other siblings who are the exact opposite.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:25 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Don't you think that this band lacks Alizée as the lead vocalist?

Aline - Elle m'oubliera

Aline - Les Angles Morts

From what I understand, they're are located in Marseille which isn't too far away from Ajaccio.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Don't you think that this band lacks Alizée as the lead vocalist?
I had suggested this in a thread last year. Instead of Alizee trying to form her own band, she joins an established band as a vocalist. The idea has some merit except it means many days and possibly weeks away from home if they are a well established touring band. That alone kills the idea. Maybe a band asking Alizee to join them on a tour (or part of a tour) as a special guest?
Old 10-28-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
The idea has some merit except it means many days and possibly weeks away from home if they are a well established touring band. That alone kills the idea.
That band gives concerts not very often, you can see this on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/alinefrenchband/

Quote:
Maybe a band asking Alizee to join them on a tour (or part of a tour) as a special guest?
Maybe this (as she did with Olly Murs), maybe sing a couple of their songs for a start and see what comes of it.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 PM

Default Naughty Alizée

As far as I know, Alizée never appeared nude in public. This includes all her photo shoots, video clips etc. I think it was the right decision.

But can you give examples of provocative things she did. I mean explicitly, visually provocative, not just lyrics of her songs. The first thing that comes to my mind are, of course, choreographed dances like those in JAM and JPVA. But was there anything completely different from dances?

Here's one example of what I mean, given by another Alizé:

https://youtu.be/-Da5lr2zMHM?t=152
Old 11-02-2019, 01:51 AM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Hmmm…

Alizée being “overtly” provocative???

Nopes, apart from some pretty “sensual” dancing…

However, as you mentioned lyrics, the lyrics of a good amount of her songs are loaded with good old French “double entendres”, and “slang”, that only the French really understand and appreciate…

However, once upon a time I tried to translate this one myself…

Alizée - Gourmandises (Clip Officiel HD)

Anndd, it turned out as meaningless, incomprehensible “gobbledygook”, that did not make any sense at all…

Then I had a very good French friend of mine explain it to me, and it was really an “eye opener”…

Now, if you search this forum, there have been various “studies” and “interpretations” made over the years, of a lot of Alizée’s lyrics, and, some of them are quite “entertaining”…

The title “Gourmandises” roughly translates as “goodies”, amongst other things, innocent enough, right?

But it is also French “slang”, and an allusion to/for “Oral Sex”…

Get your “Psychologist” hat on, and "reinterpret" the video and lyrics from that point of view…

So we start off with what I think is a nice pink or purple “Hardy Hibiscus”, its blooms are tightly shut, seemingly innocuous, unopened.

It’s “virgin” or “unsullied”, mayhap…

Nice intro, showing a lot of “tight shots”on Alizée’s adorable mouth, and lips, emphasizing them greatly…

Goes on to some “tight shots” of cute young, probably “barely legal” girls, one of which gets handed a “plucked” flower by an admirer, around the 0:36 mark…

Hints of his “intentions”, mayhap, a desire or inclination to “pluck her flower”…

Then both sexes get markedly closer, and more “hands on”…

So, you then get to see plenty of the picnic goodies on offer for “consumption”…

About the 1:14 mark you see “tight shots” of the young ladies, emm, sort of “playing around” with the fruit. They are NOT eating it just, sort of, erm, “holding” it in their lips, quite, innocently, like…

Then around the 1:20 mark, we see Alizée “nibbling”, and then “sucking”, on the end of a Strawberry. The camera holds pretty tight focus on her mouth and eyes, which she gazes into directly, further emphasizing what is happening. She gives a slighlty “elongated” blink, which usually denotes an “invitation”, “affirmation” or “consent”…

Make of that what you will…

But, the last time someone met my eyes, and held my gaze like that, we left the party soon after, and , it WAS a VERY long night…

And, I would not be “fibbing” if I told you that, emm, Strawberries MOST DEFINITELY WERE nibbled on, so to speak..

Anyhow as it video goes on, the kids pair up, and get a lot more “touchy feely”…

The females resist at first, and then appear to give their consent…

The “goodies” are then displayed again, and most have been “eaten”. The “Strawberries” and “Cherries” have been partially “nibbled”, and, the Figs and Kiwi fruit have been “sliced”, and lie “open” for all the world to see…

A trio of little Cherry tomatoes is pictured, one of which, the middle one, has split down its centre, spilling out its little seeds everywhere, and it looks exactly like a, well, yeah, you get the idea…

One of the girls had a large cylindrical glass of something that she was sipping on earlier on in the video, and it is now pictured lying discarded on the tablecloth, tipped over on its side, with its contents spilled out before it, soaking into the cloth…

I mean, for goodness sake, do I really have to explain any of this imagery, really???

Honestly…

Then, everybody “pairs up”, and the “horseplay” gets a little bit more “physical”…

Emphasis at around the 3;31 mark that the nice, succulent, juicy, Strawberry, has been “nibbled”…

The horeseplay heats wwway up, gets way more touchy feely…

Meaningful, prolonged, eye contact from Alizee…

The Hibiscus pictured at the start of the video is now wide, wide open, and is about to be “entered” by a Bee…

Ends around the 4:13 mark…

Hmm, kind of quick, if you ask me…

I like to savour my “Gourmandises” for waay longer than that…

Anyhow, that is an interpretation from one particular viewpoint, that you may, or may not, agree with, which is fine…

Oh, and don’t get me started on “J'en ai marre”, for I had that one explained to me, also…

Oh to be a “fly on the wall there”…

Overall, nothing “overt”, just a lot of “heavy implication”, which was all part of the “magic”…
Old 11-02-2019, 04:49 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

Then I had a very good French friend of mine explain it to me, and it was really an “eye opener”…

Now, if you search this forum, there have been various “studies” and “interpretations” made over the years, of a lot of Alizée’s lyrics, and, some of them are quite “entertaining”…
You were right