Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Sadly he's not.
However I found it to be a fun movie. I loved Boondock Saints, not necessarily because I support the idea of a modern crusade in the name of a sky overlord, but the idea of retribution mixed with edgy violence attracts me.
William Dafoe IS in it. Not for too long, but at least for a little while.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Mind rape. 'Nuff said.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

A boy and his Dog.

I didn't get why this movie is supposed to be so weird until the last 30 minutes and then I was like and then

The movie seem to go by really quick until the last bit of it which seem like it dragged on forever. But I loved the movie and it was awesome. I liked the ending too I didn't like her to begin with...

She had rather nice "features" if you know what I mean.

Last edited by The Gate Keeper; 12-18-2009 at 12:09 AM..
Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I watched Avatar today.
It was three hours well spent in my opinion, I do not want those three hours back, the movie inspired me, awed me, and most importantly, immersed me. Imax 3-d for an extra couple bucks and the trip was well spent.

Just because i'm always skeptic to give anything a totally perfect score, i'll give this particular film for its innovation and its profound effects on me a 9.99/10
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I watched Avatar today.
It was three hours well spent in my opinion, I do not want those three hours back, the movie inspired me, awed me, and most importantly, immersed me. Imax 3-d for an extra couple bucks and the trip was well spent.

Just because i'm always skeptic to give anything a totally perfect score, i'll give this particular film for its innovation and its profound effects on me a 9.99/10
Would it be worth watching movie in 2-D? Although halls in my town don't have this facility for showing 3-D movies but they have still brought this movie here and I am planning to go to watch movie today or may be tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I watched two movies on the bus to NY, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and The Spiderwick Chronicles. I liked the first one, the idea of Verne's writing being real and stuff. Plus Brendan Fraser was in it, that always makes a movie awesome lol (the Mummy, George of the Jungle, Bedazzled) The second one, Spiderwick, not so much. It was too funky for my taste. Goblins who are invisible unless they don't mind you seeing them, magic protective circles, a book that an ogre wants to read, stuff like that.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Watched Avatar today....
One word: WOW
Honestly think this movie deserves a thread of it's own for being epic but I don't wanna upset the order around here ^^

Screenplay, athmosphare, acting, storyline, Effects, 3D!, ROLEPLAY!!!!!
What is not to love about this movie???

If you've ever wondered what those geeks, running around with plastic shields and foam swords in the woods tossing pingpong balls at each other, have been smokin'.... Well, I think this is the best visualisation of "reality escaping" we will get for awhile.

It's the classic hero story really, but everything is so convincing and the visualisation is so "mind blowing" that every impression is mutiplied by 10.

And the movie really sets your mind in motion. Me and my friends spent the nearest hours after the movie discussing everything between the hero stereotype to the meaning of life

One interesting thing we found out was to compare this movie with Starship Troopers. Without spoiling too much, it's basicly the same story, but this time the empathy lies with the aliens rather than the humans, since our hero is an alien. This dispite the fact that in both movies the humans are fighting for survival... Makes you see how big of a power the director really has in painting the picture for us.

Never before in my life have a movie made me want to be somewhere else so badly, this looks like a true dreamworld to me

On a lighter note, Avatar Online anyone??
<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urNyg1ftMIU&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Last edited by Tomtentp; 12-19-2009 at 08:45 PM..
Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Just got done seeing Avatar in 2D. 3D glasses give me a major headache after about 30 minutes. LOVED it.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Just got done seeing Avatar in 2D. 3D glasses give me a major headache after about 30 minutes. LOVED it.
I knew you wouldn't regret it.
It seriously is just an amazing movie.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Lol same here I watched Avatar, loved the movie, every minute of it .