Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 03-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
You know, this web site is open to the public; it's not a secret society.
*motions to a dark figure in the corner to come hither*
*whispers quite loudly*
"He knows too much. You know what to do"
*slips 200 francs into the dark figure's breast pocket*
"Goodbye Mr. Waters."
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

[Burping with a hiss of smoke after roasting and devouring the aforementioned dark figure in the corner]

"Sigh. They don't make assassins like they used to."

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
[Burping with a hiss of smoke after roasting and devouring the aforementioned dark figure in the corner]

"Sigh. They don't make assassins like they used to."

so now we are hitmen/a cult/maffia?sounds good to me....smuggling illegal Alizée merchandis across the Atlantic...now that's where we will make our money haha
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
He's also this guy:

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BJCSYX-gJxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>
Cool, didn't know that was him. I like that video for the song actually. And the remix is one of my favorites. He's now cool in my book
(not that he wasn't before)
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM

anyone know if Julien Perret has tweeted that he did indeed show her? and a reaction from her?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face We don't care how they tweet us in here...

Aaronius, I was checking for that about 6 hours ago. So far, no public statement (or tweetment) to that effect... & Ben may know something, but he's out partying today. We'll just go back to waiting for now.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile FYI: Cyber-savvy helps Alizée in today's music biz

The CNet article <a href="http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-10460660-261.html"><i>New music acts to labels: 'We won't tweet'</i></a> writes in part:
<blockquote><i>Some new artists signing at both major and indie labels are telling execs there that they'll make music, but don't expect them to do Facebook or Twitter. The labels are saying back that the days when performers--even mega-superstar performers--can keep fans at arms length are over.</i></blockquote>
Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
The CNet article <a href="http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-10460660-261.html"><i>New music acts to labels: 'We won't tweet'</i></a> writes in part:
<blockquote><i>Some new artists signing at both major and indie labels are telling execs there that they'll make music, but don't expect them to do Facebook or Twitter. The labels are saying back that the days when performers--even mega-superstar performers--can keep fans at arms length are over.</i></blockquote>
Yeah, that's the problem. People like Alizée seem to think it's up to the labels, as though they are the gatekeepers of all access to popularity and all she has to do is what they demand, as though they, and not the fans, are the client. Well, I suppose it's supposed to be that way. That's what they are there for, to help the artist (who is only one person in this case) deal with PR and all that. But no. It's what the fans want and when some are providing it in abundance, it's what they end up demanding from others too.

The thing is, Alizée in early days was both a bigger star and made the rounds more often or had a web site better updated. I never expected anything like several tweets a day (though it was cool when Alizée was doing several a week and maybe more than one in a day). That might even dilute too much the novelty of getting a message (unless she had some good stuff to talk about). But, in fact, we asked for something like one message from Alizée a month to her general fan base, but even that was apparently WAY too much to ask. I guess she had nothing to say, and that's the other problem. Alizée's fans wanted an experience and someone to provide it, not just an album and a few pics every three years. (well, and there has been in the past almost nothing but uncertainty surrounding Alizée, when things would appear, what would happen with her career) I guess that's how it is. Some of it she really couldn't control, but Alizée has tried to be one of the least communicative popular performers ever right in an era when connection is all the rage. And personally, that (and because I'm an ocean and a language away) has caused me some bitterness. I only stuck around as a fan because I kept telling myself that even knowing that I/we could not get close to her and couldn't count on anything, I did actually like her music enough and wanted to hear something new enough to overcome the pain of waiting. Maybe I lied and just can't leave Alizée while I'm still alive. I don't know yet. My heart still beats.

But to address that... I do think it is rather unreasonable to expect a musician to spend a lot of time tweeting or whatever. It really does help to have someone keep the public/fans apprised of what is going on and for the artist to say something occasionally, but one can really sink all of one's time into "chatting" and tweeting and all that. I'd rather think that Alizée is working on something interesting than just posting all the time. (of course, if it's neither...) Alizée does a fair number of magazine interviews. My guess has to be that she doesn't really want to communicate with her fans in reality because she wants to keep them at arms length, perhaps to avoid becoming embroiled with passionate people. I think Alizée has always been afraid of letting her singing career take over her life.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Quoth Alizée: Never wanna leave you (again)

Let me begin by stating I am not an entertainment industry pro and probably have paid much less attention to entertainment products over my life than typical people. That said, I am charmed by Alizée, the artist and the person, and curious how technology is reworking the economy, not the least the sector in which she works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yeah, that's the problem. People like Alizée seem to think it's up to the labels, as though they are the gatekeepers of all access to popularity...
You seem to know who is booking her on media shows, getting her print interviews, and so on. I do not. For all I know, this is all the work of <i>Wisteria</i>, her firm. The only thing <i>Jive</i> may be doing is handling CD manufacture and distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I never expected anything like several tweets a day (though it was cool when Alizée was doing several a week and maybe more than one in a day).
In well under a year she now has 71 tweets as I write, only a bare majority during the last month. That's not what I'd call incommunicado!

Also, bear in mind that Twitter is a two-way street. If we do not retweet from our accounts, nor even tweet back to Alizée, she has to re-evaluate Twitter as a publicity vehicle for HER in THIS stage of her career! Did you notice the 6:27 PM Nov 9th, 2009 tweet which said: <i>Hâte de vous faire écouter...</i>? That might have simply been a reference to the upcoming album, but it could also be read as a desire for you to attend her in advance of it. She now has 3,345 followers on Twitter. I imagine Alizée reaches considerably more people with a radio or magazine interview. And you can't say she is not actively reworking her YouTube channel to meet the needs of <i>UEdS</i>.

As for <i>Myspace</i>, one does not necessarily want to be limited by its template-driven format. And by now, it is also none-too-chic: even your babysitter probably has a Myspace page! After experimenting with Twitter-linked photos using yfrog.com, we are now being steered to her new tumbler.com blog. No one should say Alizée is not actively exploring all sorts of ways to reach both veteran fans and new ones, including via the Internet!

Finally, there is the Opendisc® channel. True fans (i.e. "fanatics") might well avail themselves of this channel by purchasing the <i>Coffret Deluxe</i>.

So, in summary, I would have to disagree with anyone who says Alizée has not been working hard to make her work known since her return to show business a couple years ago. Had <i>Psychédélices</i> sold better, more brute force publicity would be possible now.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Aaronius, I was checking for that about 6 hours ago. So far, no public statement (or tweetment) to that effect... & Ben may know something, but he's out partying today. We'll just go back to waiting for now.
ahhh man...okay, i'm used to waiting haha

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail