Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
My DVD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
and btw girls are not confusing. if you take off your colored glasses and interact with women with a clear mind you will notice that they are similar in thousands of ways with men. i know this because the majority of my classmates ~90% are girls this semester and i got an opportunity to learn their ways
Yeah, when your "just one of the gals" or it's a very clear non-relationship there's no problem understanding where they're coming from, but as soon as any romance is involved it's a whole new playbook.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Britney Spears
Kate and Ashley
Macaulay Culkin

The sad fact, based on the examples I've provided above (and there are many more) is quite often these teen stars do not have that strong wise person constantly fighting off the predators.

Did Alizée have a strong wise person assisting her? I hope so. Only time will tell, if ever, depending on how much she reveals about that time in her life.

At 22 she is still vulnerable (as are ALL stars at that age) but much less so than at age 16. A star would still need a strong wise person for counsel, support, and guidance.
that will not happen to Alizee because she has more than a strong wise person in her life
from the first time i knew this star won't be like the others.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 AM

badog7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
As I said months ago, the bottomline is money. The first album did great, the second not as great and the DVD slightly worse. They either dropped her from the label or Alizee was waiting for her contract to be up. WHEN WILL YOU GUYS LISTEN TO ME.
Since when does anyone on AA listen to a dancer? ahahahaha!

Oui- its about the money- When a musican/performer earns a small percentage (if that) in the Net era of downloading- you have to be strategic- so you compose your own and let a 3 album contract expire. Its a sound and rational explanation for the delay. But perhaps they are negotiating for a better deal with a major label to get promo money..that also explains delays..

Ainsi soit-je? Thats the cover pic of 'Contrefacon' n'est pas? even though that song preceded Alizee by several years- its an interesting deja vu.. That song was about not being a boy..a curious pinocchio-like reflection on being a girl/boy in a mans world? Typical Mylene ambiguity..but it can now be seen as a simile for her hand in Alizee's career..so a very interesting choice. If co-incidental !... But this does raise the other problem-Il y un hic..
The quality of the songs by J Chatelain..-we know a parolier (lyricist) was called in which suggests Alizee has a big influence.., but we've seen some of J's musical work and Im not sure - he can produce the sort of melodies that do rock with Alizee's voice driving it..? We may see..
This is prolly le final issue- Alizee wont release if it isnt good- so to paraphrase someone else here-she wears the pants and calls in the next best parolier in france, after Mylene....

but why hasnt Jeremy's online site been updated since June 06?..he has his own fan base in france & belgium- so perhaps all energy is goin into the new Alizee album..but will it be Js album with vocals by Alizee? hrmm..
Old 03-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badog7 View Post
Since when does anyone on AA listen to a dancer? ahahahaha!
Since i was born.