Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Well wasn't the idea of this thread to use Alizée's "story" - her history, etc? That would cover all eras, leading up to where she stands now.
I agree that new material is what we'd have to be promoting, but it could be presented in the context of who Alizée is - past and present.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

You're absolutely right that this thread is to promote the story. And just like when Hollywood makes a movie, they make commercials promoting the movie using scenes from the most exciting part to lure people in and that's what we have to do, use video from the most exciting part of her career and that would be from 1999 to 2003. Maybe her upcoming album will change that, but for now, that's the plan that I think would work best. We definitely have to includee Psych and her other recent performances but it's MCE and Gour that will draw people in.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i don't know about the entire psych ablum being terrible, i mean, there were a few good ones, like MJ, 50/60, Lilly Town, Decollage, and Jamais plus.

but her performances?? ohmahgod, what happened? granted, the only recent performance ive seen are from the clips here, but still! its nothing, absolutely NOTHING in comparsion to her amazing performace in the En Concert DVD.

why?? why did she reign in her awesomeness?

Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM

I think it just all comes down to who ever is running the show, who ever is calling the shots, dont know what they're doing.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM

i thought Alizee herself would be in control. i mean, that's why she left farmer right? so that she can have more control over herself in terms of performances, the songs, the adverts, pictures, etc?

since she was a dancer before a signer, i was hoping she'd dance more. i mean seriously! the JEAM dance is probably what shes best known for, even if they don't know it's Alizee. It's in 2 of the most popular games for crying out loud! (WOW and Star Craft 2)

Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
i thought Alizee herself would be in control. i mean, that's why she left farmer right?
yup

Old 07-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You're absolutely right that this thread is to promote the story. And just like when Hollywood makes a movie, they make commercials promoting the movie using scenes from the most exciting part to lure people in and that's what we have to do, use video from the most exciting part of her career and that would be from 1999 to 2003.
Well I think it's more like making a trailer to a sequel. You can show clips from or refer to the last installment ("from the director of..." becomes "from the girl who sang Moi Lolita and J'en ai marre"), but you're not going to get asses into seats unless you feature new stuff too. And yeah by that I mean the upcoming album, Psych is already old.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:32 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I don't think the story will work.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM

lol blackanthem. dont' just say it won't work, at least tell us why you think it won't, or offer another solution! it'll help us get to what we're trying to acheive.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Cool

In April of 2008, I went to France for 8 days of vacation. I drove from Paris, over to Normandy, down to Mont Ste Michel, over to Tours up to LeMans, then back to Paris. I listened to the radio all the time, hoping to hear some of her music. In those 8 days, I never heard one of her songs. She was yesterdays news in France. But at this time, she was probably at the height of her popularity in Mexico. Why? Because most of the people down there had just found out about her the year before. Even though most of the good music was at least 4 years old. They didn't care because it was new to them and so too, to the people in this country it wouldn't matter if it was 10 years old which some of it is getting to be. They haven't heard it before. That's all that matters.

I'm sure if anyone in this country who likes the type of music that was characteristic of her in her first few years, would fall in love with Alizée's JAM videos from back in 2003 if they were seeing it for the first time. Do you honestly think they'd suddenly turn around and say, " This music is several years old, I don't think I'll watch it any more" once they found out when the videos were produced? No! If they like this music, they'll be playing it over and over again the way I did when I first heard it and the way I'm sure many other forum members did.

Yes we have to include Psych in any way we promote her and hopefully when the new album comes out, that will be a big help too. But it's MCE and Gour that will win the day.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-08-2009 at 11:31 AM..