Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

A little random and just a bit off topic...

I remember hearing ages ago (back when I was obsessed ) that the person who choreographed the JEAM dance was a certain Valérie Bony. Nobody's ever confirmed this fact for me... does anyone know if I'm right on this? She does say at the end of ACC En Concert "Merci à Valérie pour la chorégraphie" so I imagine it is true...

Well I heard nothing more of this Valérie Bony until on MF International I stumbled across the name of the woman who performed the infamous kiss during a 90s Mylène performance...

Yep, that was Valérie Bony too. So basically I thought since she did Alizée's choreographies, this is as good a place as any to ask if anyone knows anything about Valérie Bony (she seems to be one of Mylène's mates, since she was getting intimate with her on stage in the 90s pre-Alizée but that is all I know )
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
A little random and just a bit off topic...

I remember hearing ages ago (back when I was obsessed ) that the person who choreographed the JEAM dance was a certain Valérie Bony. Nobody's ever confirmed this fact for me... does anyone know if I'm right on this? She does say at the end of ACC En Concert "Merci à Valérie pour la chorégraphie" so I imagine it is true...
Yeah, JEAM dance was choreographed by Valerie Bony only. I don't know much about her though except that I have seen her name at some places with Mylene.

Read this :

Quote:
In february 2003 is made the clip for “j’en ai marre”. It’s realized by olivier megaton, and shows an athletic alzee, closed in a huge aquarium. As a fish in water, she’s playing with a tennis ball and with the camera. She invites us to join her, but everything ends by breaking the glass. An ironic allegory of the diktat of the image that she’s suffering – she breaks a camera – or a metaphor of imprisonment in singer's status which forces her to live always the permanent look of the public? Anyway, the filming was wow. A moking-off clip shows her difficult days with nutela breaks. During the filming, alizee receives the cameras of m6. “j’en ai marre” doesn’t fascinate the radio’s producers, although it’s on 5th place in top 10 until avril 2003. Alizee appears with 2 giutarists at “pour laurette”. She sings it and we see that she really grew up. She’s a beautiful woman, using a great coregraphy made by valerie bony. She also has, sewed on the backside, the famous red fish that she’s talking about in her song, the fish which was on her cover album since her return. This new look makes the mass media speak, because they imagined her more serious for a show where the main role was to collect funds against leukemia. But she persists and goes to “hit machine” and “la chanson numero 1” where she sings “ella, elle l’a” together with a chorus.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 01-05-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

So did Valérie do all of Alizée's choreography, or just the JEAM dance? I also understand that she was one of Mylène's dancers in the 90s, appearing in the Live à Bercy and the Mylènium Tour DVDs.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
So did Valérie do all of Alizée's choreography, or just the JEAM dance?
En concert DVD introduction credits state that the choreographies are from Valérie Bony. Alizée thanks her during the show for “les chorégraphies” which would mean all of them.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM

lalorocks is on a distinguished road

How long is the contract between Alizee and Sony? or How many albums?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalorocks View Post
How long is the contract between Alizee and Sony? or How many albums?
Uhhh...one would think that it gets refreshed when she makes a new album. Because if she has a longer contract then that....then that means she gets to make another album
Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Does anybody know if she generally sells backstage passes?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'd suppose if you're name is Jessica, then yes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
En concert DVD introduction credits state that the choreographies are from Valérie Bony. Alizée thanks her during the show for “les chorégraphies” which would mean all of them.
So how many dances should we be always indebted to Valerie Bony for?

Jam, JPVA, ML, Youpidoo?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So how many dances should we be always indebted to Valerie Bony for?

Jam, JPVA, ML, Youpidoo?
I am kind of wondering though... Are the choreographies that good or is it just that Alizée is mastering the art so well? You see what I mean? It seems Alizée can turn even the simplest casual run around stage or holding up the microphone to the crowd into a magical moment. What does it say about the quality of the choreographies?

The only proper test would be to see what the dances look like when performed by anybody else, and so far, I’m not that impressed

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline