Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Well it certainly doesnt look as good when I do it.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillmeether View Post
Does anybody know if she generally sells backstage passes?
I see you doubt me....which you should do because I'm always wrong on everything....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I see you doubt me....which you should do because I'm always wrong on everything....
Well I don't doubt they have been sold before, but how often are they sold? and how hard are they to acquire?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillmeether View Post
Well I don't doubt they have been sold before, but how often are they sold? and how hard are they to acquire?
I'll ask around to people I know know about this for ya...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I am kind of wondering though... Are the choreographies that good or is it just that Alizée is mastering the art so well? You see what I mean? It seems Alizée can turn even the simplest casual run around stage or holding up the microphone to the crowd into a magical moment. What does it say about the quality of the choreographies?

The only proper test would be to see what the dances look like when performed by anybody else, and so far, I’m not that impressed

I get the sense that Alizée is a very quick study. You tell her or show her once and she gets it.

If you watch En Concert, you see points where the dancers adjust to her. These points are choreographed into their routines (shows the choreography was good). This being said, once Alizée had learned the choreography framework, I think Alizée probably decided during practices what worked for her and, being a quick study, simply ad-libbed within that framework.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am kind of wondering though... Are the choreographies that good or is it just that Alizée is mastering the art so well? You see what I mean? It seems Alizée can turn even the simplest casual run around stage or holding up the microphone to the crowd into a magical moment. What does it say about the quality of the choreographies?

The only proper test would be to see what the dances look like when performed by anybody else, and so far, I’m not that impressed
They were good moves, but my opinion is a lot of it was Alizée herself. I almost started a thread on this subject once, so indulge me.
Most people know that she is not a singer who learned to dance, but just the opposite. Now, I noticed when watching some pre-Mylene routines of hers, there were many moves that were incorporated or looked VERY similar to her live shows. I think the talented people she was working with realized the talent they had to work with, and made the best of it. And they were successful. Those dances are still legendary, but she is the one who made them that way.

Now the argument could be made that her post-Mylene dancing has been poor or more accurately, very limited. This is true, but I feel it's just happened that way because she wanted to concentrate on singing, and she wanted to reduce her "sexy" image. I'm pretty sure that if she wanted to, she could get herself back into dancing like the old days. She's still in shape, and that stuff comes back pretty quickly. (And now that I think of it, the red dress dance she did at Les Enfoires was quite beautiful and intricate.... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I get the sense that Alizée is a very quick study. You tell her or show her once and she gets it.

If you watch En Concert, you see points where the dancers adjust to her. These points are choreographed into their routines (shows the choreography was good). This being said, once Alizée had learned the choreography framework, I think Alizée probably decided during practices what worked for her and, being a quick study, simply ad-libbed within that framework.
Yeah, I think you are right. Professional dancers only need to see a routine once, and they can start practicing it. Since she had been dancing since the age of 5, Alizée was a pro dancer, for all practical purposes. I'm sure she made that choreographer's job pretty easy.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-10-2011 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

Rev, I was trying to refer to the fact that Alizée does make just about any move beautiful. Actually, I really don’t think the En concert choreographies are that amazing. I think it is Alizée that does sprinkle the magic and make it work that well. Same with the JEAM dance (the sailor outfit renditions), I really don’t think any other woman, and that includes those that would be better trained dancers, could make it work as well as Alizée does. I think it is a mixture of being a relatively good dancer, being physically extremely beautiful and having a physique and attitude that allow youth, innocence and joyfulness to kick in.

Or maybe I’m just blinded by my obsession...

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-10-2011 at 12:32 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
This is the foundation every Alizee fan builds on when becoming a fan...its just a part of Lilly-fandom We are all blinded to everything by our obsession
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rev, I was trying to refer to the fact that Alizée does make just about any move beautiful. Actually, I really don’t think the En concert choreographies are that amazing. I think it is Alizée that does sprinkle the magic and make it work that well. Same with the JEAM dance (the sailor outfit renditions), I really don’t think any other woman, and that includes those that would be better trained dancers, could make it work as well as Alizée does. I think it is a mixture of being a relatively good dancer, being physically extremely beautiful and having a physique and attitude that allow youth, innocence and joyfulness to kick in.

No you aren't. She really is that good. The detail of her movement, and the level of her awareness during those moves, is remarkable.

By the way I didn't say amazing, I said good (as in professionally done).
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sure if Alizee hadn't gone through all those years of dance classes, there is no way she could have danced as well and as beautifully as she did, but you can send anyone to the best schools with the best teachers for years on end, it doesn't necessarily have to be dance, it could be law school or medical school. That doesn't guarantee you'll come out with a good lawyer, doctor or dancer as the case may be. But with Alizee, it's obvious that she was the perfect person to become a dancer.

I look at some performances where she doesn't have an elaboratelly choreographed dance put together for her, such as when she's singing ACC during the medley of songs she sang on NewYears eve 2003 or when she sang Ella Ella and on both occassions, she looked so awesome just dancing in place. Were these moves that just came natural to her or did she get some type of instructions on what to do.

As far as the poor dances during Psych, I'm sure it's just because who ever put them together was an amateur at choreographing and I say that knowing full well it may have been Lily herself.

I'm sure she still has the same ability to dance, the question is does she have the time, now that she has a family to do all the rehearsing that it takes? I would think now that Annily is in school, she should have the time, but maybe she has some other type of business going like selling back stage passes.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-10-2011 at 07:31 AM..

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline