Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess for now this is still just a rumor. I admit I have been worried with all the delays that this could be a possibility, but I guess we will just have to wait for an official statement to come out to know for sure. That's the problem with long delays and no information, it really creates an atmosphere for rumors and puts the fans on an emotional roller coaster. I expect better than this from a company like Sony. Let's hope this rumor is false.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

^ Rumours are not good: the album MAY NEVER be released. The album COULD be only offered for sale on the Internet. (where from the lock-upped in the garage physical collector and only for her fans).

Facing this massacre which has been going on since July pretty much compromises the career of Alizée fatally, we decided to react by addressing this information directly to her team. Hopefully we can get some more information very quickly. *mercisony
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Google Translation:
The rumors are not good: the album COULD never see the day ... ready in any case find nothing in stores in 2013, the album that COULD only be sold on the Internet (hence the physical collector box only for fans).

Faced with this carnage which lasts from July and seriously compromises the Alizée career, we decided to react by speaking directly to his team. More soon. # mercisony
Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I expect better than this from a company like Sony.
Sorry but I don't. Their efforts to date on this project have been nothing short of amateurish and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this latest rumour turns into reality. I hope it doesn't but that is more about hope than expectation.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I think I've probably been the one who's been most optimistic about this new album, even after the delays. I was very surpirsed when ACDLA was first released in it's original form. The music at the begining was terrible. How could Sony not realize that? Then I figured it meant trouble when it didn't make it's october release date. But when it didn't make it's october release date, I thought that is when Sony would take a long, hard look at this album and decide right then, whether it was worth pursuing or not. I really thought they wouldn't jerk the music community around by dragging things out which makes them look pretty stupid.

As much as I can't believe Sony would do this to the music community, I am inclined to believe this rumor, mainly due to the fact that I believe there has been no official statements from Sony, after it didn't make it's release date.

This would be the end of Alizee's meaningful career. If it fails, nobody else would want to work with her after looking at her success, or should I say lack of success since she left MF/LB. There will still be Les Enfoires appearences. There still will be an occassional song or two, especially in conjunction with other artists. There would be only one thing that could save her career and that would be MF/LB, but Mylene puts on a very good show at her concerts. Image is very important to her, so even if she did have some inclination to work with Alizee, I think she would quickly disperse them after what Alizee has done to her image.

I still find this hard to believe though, mainly because of the recent dj gig and supposedly another one that's coming up. I'm sure that's something Alizee wouldn't go out on her own and do. It had to be Sony's doing in an effort to promote her. Now would one part of Sony be arranging the promoting of Alizee and her album, while the other part is working to put an end to the album? Unfortunately that's very possible. I've seen too many times where different departments in different industries are working in totally opposite directions. It's just lack of communication within that company.

All I can say is and it'd kind of ironic, C'est bientot la fin?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-13-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
mainly due to the fact that I believe there has been no official statements from Sony, after it didn't make it's release date.
Sony never made official statements about new album... so this situation + rumors dont make good feeling...

Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 PM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I believe they thought the song was done, and she chose this one as a it served two purposes (although I never expect her to admit it).
I believe she loves me (although I never expect her to admit it).
Old 10-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Ah, rumors, rumors. I guess a digital-only distribution is plausible. I had recently started looking into the declining sales of cds during the last decade, before I was distracted by sundials, and it's the way things are going. I went through Best Buy last weekend and the CD section that used to be a quarter of the store is now just two double-sided shelves. I'd hate to see a new album released as downloadable-only (especially since iTunes doesn't sell her newer stuff for USA) but maybe the projected CD sales vs downloads wouldn't cover the cost of making the CDs. I'd still love to get the collectors box. Sometimes my optimism goes overboard. I'll have to wait and see what becomes of the rumor. I'll leave the career analysis to others, it's too complex for my grasp of reality.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:29 PM

swagboy is on a distinguished road

The removal of physical media is very plausible, because technology is advancing, and CDs are becoming inferior storage devices (just like vinyl became inferior to the CD). The album will very likely be released (whether it be online or on a CD), because they already invested money into it.

I don't have many problems with the purchase of music online (except for the quality, but that's another long and complicated story), because you can burn the music onto a CD, and use the supplied album art to make a CD cover. Alizée's fanbase would probably overwhelm you with their own album art.

The only thing to worry about is her future career.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

We are talking about a pop album, ten or twelve songs maximum. You don't need weeks and months of delay to "improve" a pop album. I said it before.
And I don't see how this DJ sessions help her to promote anything. The way I see it it only works for the owner of the club to sell a few more tickets and a few more beers. That's about it.

I am very dissapointed if there is no physical release of the album. There should be something in the middle between paying 90 euros for a collector box and paying 7 for a download link.

I suppose all this rules out the cd autograph session, unless she is willing to sign people's parking tickets.

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...