edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Don't worry Wasabi, it's all good .

We all should apologize to Chuck for spoiling his thread
Old 09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Hitting back with similar methods is so unprofessional.
true, but it would work oh so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post

thanks.

but yea, i like Chuck's idea, so lets all try to get back on topic?

Last edited by wasabi622; 09-12-2009 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face Edgar, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post

Hey, don't apologize to me! I started this "controversial" thread. (An' I'm a gonna finish it..)

Rather, I want to apologize to you, Edgar, and Jalen and Alex, and good ol' Jess, and anybody else here of Latino descent that may have had to read that trash. I wish I could say that I've never been bigoted or prejudiced, but I hope I've gotten a lot better. (and then I went and insulted HRO87 a few days back, a sweet German girl.)

Besides preaching the religion of Alizéeism, this forum provides us all with opportunities to learn about one another, and to respect one another's views and values. And sometimes we learn the most when we make a mistake.

Maybe Forrplay is still smarting. He's new, and apparently hasn't posted another thing since then. Hopefully, he's smartening up a bit, too, and working on a very good apology letter of his own.

Ahem.
Getting BACK ON TOPIC (as some have suggested):
I'm re-updating the whole letter again (last vers was post #44 here), I'll have it up here soon. But I just wanted to stop by, say hi.

And adios, muchachos, vayo con queso.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey, don't apologize to me! I started this "controversial" thread. (An' I'm a gonna finish it..)

And adios, muchachos, vayo con queso.

hey.. there's nothing controversial about your idea whatsoever!
it's a good one. (as long as we carry we out!)

aannnddd.. "good bye people, i'm going with cheese"?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Talking NEW NOTES re: THIS LETTER

To all concerned, I was about to post an update of the "Letter", but I wanted to shout out to a few of you first. Then it was getting way too long (like last time, post #44), so now I'm just posting these notes first. The update coming shortly. Somebody else, please say something after this, so it doesn't "automerge" and get into a big long snarl .

NOTES:

Wasabi, hey, this is Wisconsin up here. Cheese goes with everything.

LEFTY, this isn't REALLY a letter asking Alizée to come to America. She's done that--numerous times! No,the intent of this letter would just be to provide tips on how to reach American audiophiles and sell records here. And yes, the best way to do that is for her to come and perform. But any other ideas you've got for Lilly (that would or wouldn't involve her traveling) are still exceedingly welcome.

Also to LEFTY and anyone else concerned about the "naive" or "humorous" nature so far, again note below where it says "Copywriter wanted". If you or anyone wants to jump in and write, the whole first two paragraphs are up for grabs! (okay, the whole thing is) Otherwise, lacking that, I'll write the beginning, and post for comments. But I can't guarantee that it would be totally serious, if left to me.

--Anyway, I think even Gods & Goddesses have senses of humor. Even the singing ones.

Junkmale (hi Belfast, greetings!) you wondered whether Alizée wanted to be a US megastar. I'm only trying to help her sell records and turn on SOME Americans, not everybody. Does she want to sell records? Probably. See post #1 of this thread.

AND TO ANYONE ELSE STILL SQUEAMISH ABOUT THIS WHOLE IDEA:

Jeez, Louise, you guys! It's only a letter! Who doesn't like to get letters?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:46 PM

hahaha, ok good. i was confused at first!

Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Exclamation LATEST UPDATE of THE LETTER

hey, thanks man.

ONE MORE NOTE: I TOOK OUT A COUPLE OF THE SUGGESTIONS THAT PEOPLE OBJECTED TO.
SO NOW WE'RE LOOKING FOR EVEN MORE IDEAS, suggestions, and/or comments.

*ENTRIES WITH ASTERISKS* below are totally up for grabs. To be added, changed, deleted, overdiscussed, and/or adopted by you. Suggestions still in no particular order.

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

And we want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, we pledge our support as your loyal acolytes. Here are our Top Suggestions on how to wow the populace, sell millions of records in US, and take your rightful place as queen of the world:
(notice: copywriter wanted- must be good at fawning)

1) Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, son bain de mousse

2) Tour with or open for Madonna! --Fall06, Annandale, VA

x) More internet videos--hi & lo def, one for each of the new songs -- perhaps even with subtitles? They'd go viral! --______(any takers?)*

x) Be on Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or any or all of 'em! (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other foreigners) --BlackAnthem (+ any other endorsers)*

x)Consider this website as your home base in the U.S., if you wish! We've already got everything set up. And at your service. (uh, Ben, everyone, can we say that?) Seconded by Fall06, MonMaquis, (+ any other endorsers?)*

x) Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photogs (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______(anyone?)*

x) Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, lotsa federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music! Perhaps the fabulous Patriot Center, located on the campus of Northern Virginia's George Mason University! --Fall06, Annandale, VA (+ any other endorsers?)*

x) Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong french women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. A couple movie stars, maybe? but no musical artists. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! --(from all of us.) (hmm?)

x,y,z....)
Whatever else you folks all want to add.

I know there's still tons of other great suggestions already posted elsewhere in the forum. I'll keep trying to copy some of those to here in the upcoming days. Anyone else noticing those, please do so, too!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Chuck, if you go with a letter of this style, I would only suggest that maybe you put more emphasis on what you said in your previous post - that regardless of whether Alizée can make it to the USA to perform or not, our goal is to help her sell more CDs and win over more fans here. Other than that I have no other suggestions.

Actually, this is what I had always hoped we could accomplish as American fans - to make a measurable and hopefully significant contribution to her CD sales.
Of course I think we all would like to see her perform here if she would or could.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:10 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Talking Thanks Lefty!

Gotcha, great. But keep on commenting or adding, I like the way you think and the things you've already added.

RU rilly lefthanded? I am.

And your new QB sucks, btw.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:31 AM

im all for the University idea!!! I think Jay-Z is performing here, and T.I or someone else performed here last year as well, and it be amazing if Alizee came here!! Then i can show my french class and my buddies as to why i'm so crazy about her!

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail