Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, that is a very kind gesture from you, on top of everything else that you have already done. I would love to have the cd, but before I send you the email, I would like to suggest, that you don't just put this particular HD video on it, but also everything else you have recorded (photos and videos) on your both trips.

And you have had enough expenses as it is, therefore, if you do send me the cd, I will cover the cost of postage, through paypal.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Dave,
I am sorry to hear what has happened to your video and the extreme effort and expense that you put out for the video.

The people that take others hard work and use it as they desire, have not learned the common rules of morality and decency, and that is something that I, unfortunately, deal with every day.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If you feel it's a misunderstanding, let's discuss it in here and we'll see what other members think.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

i don't really see a problem with it. After all why do you and others do it ? For Alizee or for some fame and attention ? We should flood the whole web with her videos. Alizee her self said that some of her fans are more interested in making them selves known and getting more traffic to their fan sites and blogs. Of course, giving and appropriate credits to the original author should be always done. Both You, and Lapinschous together with Jenny are some of the biggest contributors and with out you, many people would have no idea Alizee exists. So let's be nice with each other. After all, we are a small group.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
Alizee her self said that some of her fans are more interested in making them selves known and getting more traffic to their fan sites and blogs.
I was trying to find that interview/article a few months ago but I couldn't remember which one it was. Does anyone remember where she said that? If I recall she didn't seem impressed that fans were trying to out-do one another.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If you feel it's a misunderstanding, let's discuss it in here and we'll see what other members think.
If that's what you wish ,then that's fine for me; although, as your friend, I am kinda suprised by your way of handling this issue...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Scruffy I'm happy for the video you posted on youtube.. I watched it a few times and saw what I wanted to see.. the dance scene and the hope in her eyes gesture were my favourite parts.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-08-2013, 08:01 PM

I never really had time to do a report on my trip so I'll do one now. It was about a 7 hour flight, as usual, I don't get a whole lot of sleep on the planes. I arrived at the Anvers metro station about 12:30. I planned on getting to my hotel, hopefully getting a couple hours sleep, then going to see if a line was forming yet, If not, I'd go back and grab another hour. But when I was first headed to the hotel, a route that took me right by the theater, I saw there already was a line forming, so there'd be no nap for me.

I stopped to talk briefly with some English speaking fans in line. I confirmed that they were waiting for the Olly Murs concert and they were. Later after checking into my hotel, I came back, got in line and found myself surrounded by hundreds of teenage French girls, hardly any of whom, at least the ones immediately surrounding me spoke English well.

So it was a long 6 hour wait. At least the weather was fine. Finally made it inside. I didn't see any posters or flyers for this concert. I had hoped to grab a few or take a few pictures. The theater is relatively small with a seating capacity of about 1,100 as opposed to the Rex, the last place Alizee had scheduled a concert which holds about 2,600.

I was able to converse with a few fans inside. There was an English speaking woman from the Netherlands who came to see Olly. There was an English speaking French teenager. She said Olly was trying to break into the French market and he doesn't have that many fans there, which seemed hard for me to believe, because all these young French girls really seemed to like him.

I told them until last month I had never heard of Olly and I was just there to see Alizee, so the woman from the Netherlands, thinking I was from the U.K. said to me "So you came all the way from the U.K. to see Alizee sing this one song?". I said " No, I came all the way from the U.S.A. just to see Alizee sing this one song.". They became very quiet after that.

They first had I guess you'd call it a dj come out and they played several songs to get the crowd fired up. I think I suffered more damage to my hearing in this short time with all these teenage girls screaming in my ears than I have in the past ten years at the airport.

That lasted about a half hour, then there was another half hour wait. I was dead tired by the time the show began. I was hoping Dear Darlin would be one of the first songs played, but it turned out to be 5th or 6th.

I believe I mentioned before, Olly sounded like he said something like Alizabra when he introduced her and when she left at the end. I think he was just playing around because he did say her name correctly during the song.

It seemed to go by so quickly. Some girl in front of me stuck her hand up early, so I had to hold the camera as high as possible. There was another girl a couple of rows in front of me who held up a sign almost directly in front of me for several moments during every other song, but thank goodness, not for this one.

As I mentioned, I was dead tired at that point. I could hardly hold the camera steady and you could feel the floor bouncing up and down. Later when I checked the video, I couldn't beleive it came out as well as it did.
That one song seemed to go by so quick. I only took my eyes off my camera for a few moments to get a direct view of Alizee.

But it worked out real well. I got what I went there for and that was to have a good video to go along with this song I really like.

The next morning, I stopped by Studio 217 where DALS was being held. I had hoped to see if they might have some good posters around but strangely there were none. Actually I guess that's not too surprising. This looks like an area where they have a bunch of studios for filming shows and such, so you probably mostly have workers in that area.
I'll post a few pictures in the DALS thread.

I also had lunch at the restaurant that the story Amelie is based on and I stopped in at the Basilica at St Denis where many famous people of French royalty and of the church are buried and where as usual when I stop in a church, I say a few prayers including a couple for you know who.

I didn't see the other post about the misunderstanding until now. I'll either respond to it after the ball game or tomorrow.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-08-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 PM

Here's how everything went down from my point of view. After getting back from France, after posting my video, I had seen how RMJ had posted a video that used stills and the poor videos that were available at that point. I thought he did a good job with it and he had posted a thank you at the begining to the people who took the video and pictures he used.

Shortly after posting mine, even though I had tried to upload in it's full hd res, it only came out in a lower res, I saw some other videos came out that were not hd but weren't bad and were taken from a better angle than mine. Well with mine the quality got lowered by Youtube and I suspected that was the case with theirs.

I wanted to make a merged video using mine and one other fan who was there. I tried contacting them for 2 reasons. To get their approval and to hopefully get the original better quality video. She said it was okay to use it, but she didn't know how to attach it. I offered to send her a self addressed envelop and said I would give her 25 euros or pounds, depending upon where she was, plus I would throw in the cost of a new memory card if she would mail the original one to me. Well she probably thought I was some kind of nut case and after the first 2 e-mails I got from her, I haven't since heard back from her.

So I decided to look some more to see if someone else had posted a video from the concert that I could get a good video from. That's when I had spotted a video that looked like it must've been filmed by someone near by me. Soon after starting to watch it, I realized it was my video, but it didn't have my name in the title and it had someone's (Lapinschous) signature or trademark or what ever you call it on it. I went ballistic. It also had a red little window where it said for a hd version of this video, click here. It also had a yellow dot on the time line witch indicates some type of ad which bothered me so much more because I thought he might be making money off of this.

So I went off on him. Now if I were to repost someone's video for some reason and used just their video alone, I would post their name in the title. I looked at his video, didn't see my name in the title and accused him of not crediting me. Truth of the matter was he did credit me in the description, but that wasn't where I expected to see it, so I owe him an apology for that. Still, I'd expect to see my name in the title if someone used my whole video.

When I want to use someone's video in a project of mine, I try and get their permission. A couple of years ago, I wanted to use some fan videos from Les Enfoires in a couple of videos. Now most of these videos of Les Enfoires have either been filmed by RMJ or in more cases, German fans such as Jenny. The problem is trying to get in touch with some of these German fans to ask their permission to use their video is in a lot of cases is almost impossible, probably because of their understanding of the English language. There was a recent effort to contact some of these fans that most of you don't know about that was like a comedy of errors. I went to Les Enfoires the pas two year with a German fan (Berndt I think it was), who couldn't speak a word of English.

I mentioned earlier in a thread, I had tried to get in contact with a German fan to get permission to use part of her clip in one of my videos back in 2011. I had heard Jenny shout out Alizee in this clip so I thought she might know who she was, but she didn't. In the end, I did use the clip.

Here are 2 clips I used part of her videos in. One is from my other Youtube channel.

So I try my best to get someone's permission to use their stuff.

If I can't get in touch with them, if it's just part of their video I use, I will still use it.

I also accused Lapinschous of putting ads in his videos and making money off of them. I often download videos at home to watch at work. Typically two of my favorites are ar Air crash investigation and Accident investigation. I want to learn from other's people's mistakes. I'm also a history buff, especially with ww2 and I like watching videos about that. So I look at a lot of Youtube videos and some I see with ads that usually show a yellow dot on the timeline and some with out. I always thought this was something the uploader included to make a little money off of their programs.

When I saw Lapinschous's video, I saw that same yellow dot in the timeline. Well because of this, I thought to look at some of the other videos I had posted in the past and I saw the same yellow dot on my videos and that was something I had never authorized. So once again I owe Lapinschous an apology for falsely occusing him of that.

There is still the issue of him more or less just copying my video, enhancing it with probably the same program I have, then reposting it. That's something I have a major issue with. Well I've been doing a lot of research concerning this and I've found out there are other sites out there that are doing exactly the same thing. In their case, there was no mention of my name where at least Lapinschous did mention my name.

So I think Lapinschous is a victim of circumstance. There is a lot going on out there in the big world, that I wasn't aware of. Typically I work 4 days, 10 hour shift. During the summer, I work an extra day and I go fishing just about every week with my brother which is a 2 hour drive back in forth. During the rest of the year, I usually work 6 days a week. I don't have much free time to myself. I hardly ever go to Twitter or Instagram or AlizeeAmerica's facebook page so I don't really know what goes on in the big world and looking around has kind of shocked me to see other sites using my videos with no mention of my name and putting thie brand on it and it's easy to see how Lapinschous could have thought this was okay.

I don't ask for much concerning my videos. After my return from Ajaccio, we discussed in AF the use of watermarks or trakedmarks or signatures. I said I did not want to use them. I want her fans to get the most enjoyment out of my videos, so at that point, I still opted not to use a watermark or anything else. I guess I now have to rethink that after finding out what goes on in the big world. As much as I hate to do that, I will do it, then offer the original version to AAm and AF members that I can trust and I think that will include Lapinschous.

As far as what someone mentioned whether people do things in here for themselves or for Alizee, back in 2010 when I got the 60 autographed cds, in the end I had several left over. Some member urged me to auction them off on E bay. I resisted that urge and chose to wait for new members to come along who I thought would be good fans and I would offer those to them as always, at cost.

The same thing happened this year. There are a few cds left over and I will wait for new fans to come along.

There a few other things here people didn't know about. Me going to her autograph session came up on short notice. I gave her a thank you note from AAm for what she did in march, signing those 80 cds for us and I wrote her a check for 1,400 dollars (checks from the U.S. have to be written in dollars) which I feel would be the equivalent of 1,000 euros and I said we wanted it to be used either towards Annily's education or some other worth cause of her choosing. In the past, I would have asked for members here to pitch in, but this came up on short notice, so even though I said it was from AAm, it was from me.

At this point in time, we were fairly sure she was going to be in DALS, but nothing official had been announced. In the off chance she didn't go to DALS, I thought the her going to NY would be a huge opportunity for her career and something only a few members in here know about is I offered to pay her 2,500 euros towards the expense of her coming over here, once again saying this money was coming from AAm.

So if you think I'm doing this for myself, you do the math.

As far as Lapinschous, I owe him a huge apology. I didn't realize what was going on in the rest of the world. He posts in many forum and saw what was normal procedure with them and acted accordingly.

There are 2 things I expect when someone uses my videos in their entirety. Add my name to the title and don't add any type of watermark or signature or whatever to them.

The truth of the matter is, I think it is so widespread, that I will have to make my own mark on the video and unfortunately, it will have to be in a very obvious place, but as I offered to do with this video, I will make it some how available to fans I can trust around the world, and I'm sure I can trust Lapinschous.

So I do owe Lapinschous a huge apology and hope he realizes why I didn't realize what was going on out in the big world..