Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
There's always make up to cover up the tattoos, no? I'm sure plenty of actors have tattoos that are covered in for the movies.
True Fev.
Angelina Jolie is just one example. She has a lot of very visible tats.
Drew Barrymore is another. She is covered in tattoos and still appears in a lot of 'family' movies.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Angelina Jolie studied acting from an early age and she is cast into many roles as a sexy woman. Drew Barrymore was born into an acting family and also started acting at an early age. She is mostly cast in comedy/romantic comedy roles.

Now I know Alizee did some additional training when she was young besides dance lessons, but I believe it was geared towards on stage musical performances and though it's related, I don't think it's the the type of serious acting training producers prefer. Of course they make exceptions all the time. Look at how many times in this country sports stars with very questionable acting ability are cast in major roles.

But in cases like that they have something else that make the producers willing to over look their lack of acting skills and that's usually the fact they are very popular or at least very well known characters in the eyes of the public and right now Alizee is not very popular in France. There were probably several producers who would have liked to have used her years ago. A James Bond movie would have been a perfect role for her back in 2003, but that was at the height of her popularity.

So now we have some one who has lost their popularity in France and has little formal acting training or experience. The main thing she has now that would appeal to producers, is her tremendous natural beauty, because as producers cast Angelina most of the time as a sexy woman and Drew in comedies, they would want to cast Alizee in the role of a beautiful woman and all I'm trying to say is she's taking away from that every time she adds a tatoo.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-04-2011 at 10:32 AM..
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Agreed Scruff, but lets just hope Alizee doesn't appear too much as a beautiful woman if you know what I mean She wouldn't let that happen though.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I never understood the fuss about her tattoos, I get why some find them unattractive but it's her skin and she can do what she wants with it.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There's no big fuss. You are absolutely correct to say it's her body and she can do with it what she wants, but by doing so there are some producers, it could be a very small percentage or it could be a significant percentage who would not consider using her in an acting role because of it. So by the addition of tatoos, she has reduced the chances of being able to expand her career and at this point in time, that is something she can ill afford.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think instead of acting, she would do better with hosting a tv show. A variety show just like where she used to perform. She already had a lot exposures on those types of shows. Plus, it will give her a platform to promote her new single/album.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I think instead of acting, she would do better with hosting a tv show. A variety show just like where she used to perform. She already had a lot exposures on those types of shows. Plus, it will give her a platform to promote her new single/album.
I would love to see Alizee on a weekly show just being herself, but I think she can do better.

And she also needs to fire her current hairdresser and find the one who did her hair from 2001-2004. I rarely care about those superficial things, but Alizee's cereal bowl haircut makes her only 99% perfect, and I dearly miss that 1%.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I know, you're so close you confused her for Alizée
I'd have to say Mon Maquis is a fella you should be thanking for a lot of the things that you do see, and not mocking for things that you do not and won't ever see.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
I would love to see Alizee on a weekly show just being herself, but I think she can do better.

And she also needs to fire her current hairdresser and find the one who did her hair from 2001-2004. I rarely care about those superficial things, but Alizee's cereal bowl haircut makes her only 99% perfect, and I dearly miss that 1%.
You'd be surprised how much tv hosts make. Some of them actually make a lot. And that's not just here in the US.
As for her hair, I really like most of them except for the one when she sung in a duet, I believe, with Jennifer.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I'd have to say Mon Maquis is a fella you should be thanking for a lot of the things that you do see, and not mocking for things that you do not and won't ever see.

Regards,

Jung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I thought this section was not for person digs at members ? Someone tell me if I am wrong for thinking that.
If we agree to ban digs, can we also agree to ban cryptic posts that imply knowledge of things without ANY supporting evidence. The two things go hand in hand. It's pretty hard to dig someone when they provide solid, concrete things to back up their claims. On the other hand, it's pretty much a requirement to be vocally skeptical of someone who doesn't. IMHO.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)