Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
Just listened to the snippet, and I've got to say...

I think this album is going to make us appreciate Psychedelices a whole lot more, that is if this snippet is representative of the entire album.

This is coming from the guy who's favorite album is Psychedelices.

Look, I don't mind electronic music, or techno, as long as it's creative, and the composition has integrity to the genre it belongs in.

But if this entire album is not going to have a single amount of what made her previous three albums (techno but with guitar riffs and actual drums rather than beats) awesome, then I'm going to be truly upset.
Amen.

Listening to it now, and yeah, it's slow and not a very interesting composition or melody. To be fair, she does much better when she sings in French and maybe they just wanted to release the English one first for whatever reason. The teasers from the website did show an acoustic drum set and guitars, so I assume we will hear more of that. I hope.

I was afraid of something like this when I read that Chateau Marmont were an electronica band.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

its a good song
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

It lacks emotion to me, if that makes any sense.. I always loved Alizee's songs because she seemed passionate about what she was doing and that came out in her music, and it had a lot of 'soul' in it, if that makes any sense. This doesn't do the same thing for me.

In all likelihood I'm still buying the album, because.. it's Alizee. Besides, this is only a one-minute clip of one song from a whole album. She touched on so many different styles in Psychedelices, who's to say she won't do the same in Une Enfant?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

its strange but actually its my favorite alizee song i cant stop hearing it :S
Old 02-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Four stars...

Now that it's public, it would be nice if the full song was on YouTube. [Never mind:
, but they should have kept the same accompanying picture...]

So, how would you describe this song in genring? Still synthpop of some kind? What adjectives... those genring people have musical description down to a science.

Hylas1896

Last edited by Hylas1896; 02-12-2010 at 04:58 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

She should collab with Justice if she wants to rock some heavy electronic stuff.
Just a suggestion

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfDQg2dF8uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfDQg2dF8uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 PM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

I figured that many of us including me in the board have the fetish to SNSD, besides to Alizee. However, I must point out that the one of the dance (kicking) move from SNSD was stolen or copied from Alizee. Watch from 28".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I see Barrett has been busy lately; hmmmmm...lol. Gald to hear you have regained interest once again with Alizee. BTW I'm also an SNSD fan...thanks to B. lol
Old 02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Having heard the whole song now, I can reaffirm that I really like it. I still hope there is plenty of sonic variety on the album, though.

If this is truly a concept album, one may need to consider each song in context with the whole.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkim2222003 View Post
I figured that many of us including me in the board have the fetish to SNSD, besides to Alizee. However, I must point out that the one of the dance (kicking) move from SNSD was stolen or copied from Alizee. Watch from 28".
haha yep... gotta love JEAM haha. And for all those out there that say they didn't like how Limelight(even though it is only one song out of a whole album), just remember that she hasto change styles or else she wouldn't have any more fans. She is not going to make Mes Courants Electriques 2. Artists have to change and sometimes it benefits them and sometimes not. And Electronic is a sister of Pop which she has done before.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW MY HEAD!!!!!

Godamnittoalbequerque this is a noggin scratcher...

On one hand, I want to like it, I really really do. As a story it's pretty interesting and the song itself sounds pretty cool...

but on the logical hand... It has a super 80's sound for a 60's themed album and as it's been said before, I wouldn't be able to tell it's Alizée if her name wasn't on it (ok I lied, I can totally hear her suppressed accent, but you get where I'm coming from).

Do I like the song? no. Do I like the song? it's awesome.

P.S. I seem to like answering my own questions in this^ format... slap me if I do it again

P.S.S. Did anyone else think she included a nod to J'ai Pas Vingt Ans?

---------
I'd like to see an official authority say that this is the single, and not an anglicized version? We've known her English translated songs to sound a bit grammatically weird, and right now so does this... I mean, "fright" twice so close together?

P+3S.
On the technical side, they did a wonderful job overpowering and drowning out her voice. I can barely hear her over that theremin-like crap