Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I like what was mentioned here of a best of album with maybe a couple of new songs thrown in.

What I'm wondering is if Alizee might seek some advice or even ask MF for necessary permissions to make 2 vinyls of her first 2 albums? Once Mylene becomes aware of what is going on, who knows what might happen?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

A lot of ideas being thrown around in this thread this last day. Thought I'd add another view on it.

It's great that the technology is available to record music from your home and such, but I can't see why Alizee would ever go down that route. If she decides she wants to make new music, I think she'd want to do it using the tried and proven process, in a studio, well produced etc.
Can't see why she'd get songs written and composed, then record it at home with Maggy screaming in the background and the dogs barking for some more food maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but in all seriousness, I'm sure she'd go to a studio in Ajaccio where she can spend a few days focused on the music, no distractions, just in the zone

In terms of a 'best of' CD, not a bad idea. Maybe as a 25th career anniversary sort of thing, that would be a good time. One thing that I think would be pretty cool for a CD of this sort is to get the fans vote on the songs to be included, that way there would at least be slightly less criticism of which songs are chosen over others. Maybe a requirement of 1 song per album could keep it diverse, it would be very interesting to see which songs are chosen. But you'd also want Alizee to be happy with the selection and have the final say, plus the likes of MF, LB or others alike might want some input on the selection, there'd be a lot of voices to consider.

A new album altogether though for the next CD I think would still be the better option if it's possible. The majority of people buying a 'best of' CD would be Alizee fans who've heard all the songs plenty of times already, though the point Aragorn made about it being a way to introduce people to her music is an interesting idea

If I were Alizee, hypothetically , at home all day to ponder about all sorts of things, I'd at least throw around some ideas surrounding potential new songs and their lyrics/meanings. Even if they never get realised, or simply to pass the time, there'd be a lot of inspirations to work with (Marriage with Gregoire, Maggy, Moving home, other things starting with 'M'), at least noting them down would be a good idea I think. That way if the possibility of a new album ever did present itself, there'd be lots of material to work with. Maybe she's been doing this anyway all along, seems like a logical thing for any artist to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What I'm wondering is if Alizee might seek some advice or even ask MF for necessary permissions to make 2 vinyls of her first 2 albums? Once Mylene becomes aware of what is going on, who knows what might happen?
Surely MF is overseeing the release of the Vinyls, no? They've been announced, MF was in the accompanying picture, it's Alizee's 2 and only 2 albums made under MF, isn't everyone part of the process from the start?
Old 08-11-2020, 02:16 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

MF seems to be very familiar with what Alizee is doing, at least at a time when they have broken up and rumors have been circulating that they are not on good terms.
MF seems to have been the first to listen to Alizee’s third album which you can see at 1:37 in the video.
(And yes, Alizee is adorable when she doesn’t know what to say )

Old 08-11-2020, 05:59 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I like what was mentioned here of a best of album with maybe a couple of new songs thrown in.

I think that Mylène is in on this 100%.

The Interview she did for Jaka to Melodia earlier this year could have provided some real answers. Fans were even asked to submit their own questions on Instagram ahead of the taping, none of which were used apparently. Maybe she doesn't know the answers herself? But something tells me she wouldn't let the opportunity of working with Mylène again go to waste. Maybe the right time has yet to come, who knows. As with all things right now, I guess we're going to have to wait until things turn back to normal to see where things go next.

One or two new Songs along with a Collection of her established ones would be a perfect way to test the waters in a way, especially if they're good they may attract new Fans as well, who aren't familiar with her music so far.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-11-2020 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-11-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
A lot of ideas being thrown around in this thread this last day. Thought I'd add another view on it.

It's great that the technology is available to record music from your home and such, but I can't see why Alizee would ever go down that route. If she decides she wants to make new music, I think she'd want to do it using the tried and proven process, in a studio, well produced etc.
Can't see why she'd get songs written and composed, then record it at home with Maggy screaming in the background and the dogs barking for some more food maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but in all seriousness, I'm sure she'd go to a studio in Ajaccio where she can spend a few days focused on the music, no distractions, just in the zone .....................

Surely MF is overseeing the release of the Vinyls, no? They've been announced, MF was in the accompanying picture, it's Alizee's 2 and only 2 albums made under MF, isn't everyone part of the process from the start?
To be sure she could rehearse new songs in a studio in Ajaccio, but she'd have to go to Paris for the finished product. She's suffered the fate of 4 failed albums because of poor management. If she's serious about wanting to have some meaningful success, she'll have to be under people who have the skills, the tools, the assets to put out the best product and hopefully that will be MF and LB. Alizée has to go to Paris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
I think that Mylène is in on this 100%.
I certainly hope so but I can't say that for sure. I believe Mylene turned over the rights to the song so that Alizée would receive any future royalties from them, but producing 2 new vinyls of those albums might not fall within the terms of the agreement which would require some discussions between the two and from that, who knows what could happen?
Old 08-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
MF seems to be very familiar with what Alizee is doing, at least at a time when they have broken up and rumors have been circulating that they are not on good terms.
MF seems to have been the first to listen to Alizee’s third album which you can see at 1:37 in the video.
(And yes, Alizee is adorable when she doesn’t know what to say )
From what I understand, Mylene was not the first person to listen to Alizeé's first album after she left her. The story I heard goes that Alizeé sent the first CD to be cut of her new album to Mylene, and Farmer did not respond, thus Alizeé shrugged her shoulders because she didn't know how to answer that. It was an indication that there was bad blood between the two, at least on Mylene's part. Of course, I think that is all in the past now, of course.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
From what I understand, Mylene was not the first person to listen to Alizeé's first album after she left her. The story I heard goes that Alizeé sent the first CD to be cut of her new album to Mylene, and Farmer did not respond, thus Alizeé shrugged her shoulders because she didn't know how to answer that. It was an indication that there was bad blood between the two, at least on Mylene's part. Of course, I think that is all in the past now, of course.
That's pretty much what I've heard some time ago. Another thing I heard is the reason Alizée took a 3 year break after leaving MF/LB was she was under contract with them for a third album and one way of getting out of it was waiting for it to run out in 3 years.

You probably wont find any concrete proof of either of these things because Alizée and Mylene are very private people not prone to discuss such matters, but I think they are probably true.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:00 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

I found another interview where Alizee describes that she bought her name back for a symbolic price of 1 Euro.
The part where Alizee talks about breaking up with MF starts at 1:05

Old 08-15-2020, 09:44 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
The post announcing the vinyls said there would be 'more information soon...', nothing has been said about it since. Hopefully there is some news in the next month or two revealing when/where they will be available
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
If they're going to be released throughout the November / December Holiday Season, i'd say September or October at the latest would be a good time. Maybe as early as Alizée's Birthday?
Looks like we have some new information regarding the release of the Vinyls

Anaphore Music, operating under The Omega Productions Records, is the label issuing the Vinyls. Here's a press release put on their website earlier today:

https://en.anaphoremusic.store/

Transcript:
Press release

Gandrange, Saturday 15th August 2020

Alizée (re)issued at Anaphore Music The Omega Productions Records -

French soundtracks label - is proud to announce the creation of Anaphore Music; a sub-division dedicated to the re(issue) of pop artists or of the French variété.

Anaphore Music will soon have the pleasure of starting its catalog with the vinyl releases of Alizée’s first two albums, Gourmandises and Mes Courants Électriques…

Preorders will start at the end of August for an official release date on Friday 11th December 2020.

« It is an honor to offer you for the first time on vinyl Alizée’s first two albums, so awaited by fans. The creation of Anaphore Music will be an opportunity to diversify our activities, and thus to offer our skills beyond the regions of soundtracks. »

Lucas Giorgini,
label manager of Anaphore Music and The Omega Productions Records

And here's their Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/anaphoremusic/

Appears that they'll be available able to pre-order within the coming weeks, where I assume the price will be made known.
The caption on their Instagram post, when put into Google Translate, said the 11th of December was for the National release. So I assume either an international release is in the works to come later, or there won't be one at all and international fans will need to use 2nd/3rd party outlets to get their hands on copies. Hopefully that situation's made clear sometime soon.

None the less, this is a much welcomed update!
Old 08-15-2020, 10:06 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for this information!

December 11th makes sense, I'm glad to finally have a release date. Just in time for Christmas. Always with this waiting...

I'm assuming it's the second option. That link you provided has a .store in it, so maybe they'll ship worldwide? Otherwise amazon.fr or fnac.com are always options.

If pre-orders start at the end of the month, Alizée should put this info out on her Instagram within the next two weeks. I'm looking forward so much to this right now.

Btw... Always great to see the RP Logo in that press release. Any connection to a MF owned company is better than none at all.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-15-2020 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts