Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
Yes, the key is to avoid using photos (or likenesses, I'm afraid, so drawings might not work either, from a legal standpoint), established graphics (official logos or fonts already used on commercially sold products), specific song lyrics or titles (unless for parody purposes). I know first hand that these prohibitions severely limit creativity, but there's still some wiggle room here and there.

As to the issue of names : while names cannot be copyrighted, they CAN be trademarked. In fact, I believe one of the reasons the new album took so long to see the light of day was that Lili had to negotiate the purchase of the rights to her "stage" name ("Alizée") for use in future recordings and publicity. Still, the use of a performer's name - especially when such use is of no harm to the performer - is a something of a gray area.
thanks for all of your advise will try to keep it is mind while doing this

lots of his designs should be on the so called legal side but there are some that may be on the or over the brink but i'll see what i can do as far as getting as many of them done that can be

Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap
Just a friendly note ... have you guys considered what happens if RCA finds out you're manufacturing unauthorized merchandise, based directly upon one of their licensed and contracted performers, using images, fonts and other materials owned by RCA, Polydor, and other business entities ?

I don't care really, jail/sue/etc. me if they want, I just want the word to be spread, about a great musician!

Although it would be nice to keep a sum of money or so, I really don't have a need for it. So whatever I can squeeze, i'll squeeze it, but if it fails to get the message across, it calls for drastic measures.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I don't care really, jail/sue/etc. me if they want, I just want the word to be spread, about a great musician!
Actually, if you're actually living in Europe, you'd probably be more vulnerable to legal action from RCA than North Americans, since it's the European division of RCA that holds the contracts, copyrights and trademarks to Alizée's most lucrative distribution channels.

If you're willing to risk large sums of your assets, potential jail time, and the repercussions from those things chasing you for the rest of your life, well then, by all means, spread the word. As long as you're willing to pay the price, then feel free to take your chances, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Although it would be nice to keep a sum of money or so, I really don't have a need for it. So whatever I can squeeze, i'll squeeze it, but if it fails to get the message across, it calls for drastic measures.
You'll have to explain these sentences to me. You plan to make profit from charging for items "at cost" (at least according to your partner) ? And the whole "squeezing, failed message, drastic measures" thing is a total mystery.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
Actually, if you're actually living in Europe, you'd probably be more vulnerable to legal action from RCA than North Americans, since it's the European division of RCA that holds the contracts, copyrights and trademarks to Alizée's most lucrative distribution channels.

If you're willing to risk large sums of your assets, potential jail time, and the repercussions from those things chasing you for the rest of your life, well then, by all means, spread the word. As long as you're willing to pay the price, then feel free to take your chances, I'd say.

You'll have to explain these sentences to me. You plan to make profit from charging for items "at cost" (at least according to your partner) ? And the whole "squeezing, failed message, drastic measures" thing is a total mystery.

Yep, i'm totally for it, but i'll be considering going to the United States to do all this, Europe already knows about Alizée, it's the USA that needs to see the light. This will preferably give me more time to spread the message before having to pay the price.

Indeed there would be a cost, of course to make more, we're not gonna hand them out for free, but whatever it is I ask of no share of the profits, my benefit comes from seeing some North Americans go, "WHO IS THAT, SHE IS STUNNING!" I'm at that point, I mean for all my life i've had family to back me up financially and whatever flabberghasting they say, I can only be satisfied by this, it seems.

As for the drastic measures part, I have no idea, i've had one thing in mind though. One of my uncles works in Hollywood, and apparently makes friends with some comedy stars, most notably Adam Sandler, maybe with a little bit of espionage, bribery, scare tactics, etc., I can ask Adam Sandler to sport some Alizée gear in one his movies.
(Hey, he had Mariah Carey for Zohan, I don't see why not Alizée)
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I will have to look into seeing if I can get gloves made not sure never seen the likes, but anyhow i believe everything else is possible

so yeah you could get one of everything and a pair of everything that comes in pairs (may cost you a little money but if you got the money hey you got the stuff)

also i found a place that does etching on glassware such as mugs coasters and such he said he can only go up to a 10"X15" i believe i would have to double check on it but it is possible
sweet! so um...how do we do this trade again?
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
sweet! so um...how do we do this trade again?
It's going to be sealed and shipped. I'll wait for Jung to handle the busywork, heh!

Last edited by TheBarrett; 06-23-2008 at 07:49 AM..
Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I'm more worried about the Rainbowlizée image... If RMJ finds you selling anything with his images, he will crush you with his superpowers (yes, he does have superpowers, I've seen him use them).

Anyway, I really like those sailor-suit shirts. They're actually possible, and I think they'd look great! If you can do those, I'd buy one, and I rarely buy clothing that advertises something.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I'm more worried about the Rainbowlizée image... If RMJ finds you selling anything with his images, he will crush you with his superpowers (yes, he does have superpowers, I've seen him use them).

Anyway, I really like those sailor-suit shirts. They're actually possible, and I think they'd look great! If you can do those, I'd buy one, and I rarely buy clothing that advertises something.
yes i did get permission from RMJ himself

not sure how the sailor shirt would be but hey its worth a shot see if my guy thinks its possible i suppose

Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Faded into Gray

To supplant myself, and taking The Cap's note of the tough record labels, I devised these new designs to individually represent the wearer, with hints in the design to lead itself towards Alizée, although this might be the least direct of the designs, meaning the message won't be as clear, it will certainly get some attention here and again, and when attention is taken, the message will get through...

We'll start off with these samples, I hope RMJ doesn't hate this too much, but I had to do a third one to provide some more outlook, but hopefully he takes this as a compliment and not an insult. If indeed the latter happens, i'll be happy to remove it on his behalf/wish.

These will go on the front of the shirts, odd, but still, i'm going wild!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

thats awesome

gonna have to take those ones in

definitely gonna make them

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 06-24-2008 at 08:16 AM..