Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Great story Aayush. I've mentioned before in here that I might have the worst night at work. Plane comes in late. Pilot writes up anything and everything. Multiple tires and brakes to change. Cold and rainy outside. Nothing goes right. Then at the end of my shift, I hop into my truck, my cd player comes on, and I don't have to tell you whose voice I hear and a big smile comes across my face. Dr Alizée has healed me once again.
Your just twitterpated dude!

I have to say, one of the big things i've noticed about the older albums is that even though I don't understand the language, Alizeé's music is almost impossible to be mad, angry or depressed through. Might still be mad, angry or depressed when your done listening, but your happy too...

Or it could just be me...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

A wonderful touching story from our Indian friend. Thank you so much for telling it. I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.

Oh, and ALS, thank you for the idea of getting all the songs off the En Concert DVD itself. I'm going to give that a try so I can listen to it in my car.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:18 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.
yeah that would be just super awesome.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Pass the good word along

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
A wonderful touching story from our Indian friend. Thank you so much for telling it. I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.
This is a great example of a posting that belongs in the forthcoming Best of Alizée America forum! Please nominate it with your words here. Thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Visit new thread on Claudine Longer songs for Alizée

A new thread explores whether the musical catalog of retired whispery French chanteuse Claudine Longet would prove suitable material for Alizée to record. It should prove of interest to readers of this thread. Find it at POLL - Claudine Longet - should Alizée sing her songs?.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road
Default Dr Alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
Guyz, an amazing thing happened today. My grandma became a huge fan of lili. Yeah i know that's not a big deal, but let me narrate the whole story :
Yesterday my granny was feeling very uncomfortable as because she had taken many sleeping pills but then also she was unable to sleep. This has been happening from last few days. Doctor told that she was mentally pretty disturbed about something which she didn't told to anyone of us. Doctor was too helpless at that point and told my father to take care of her and told that her surrounding needed a fresh new change. We kept some sweet smelling flowers, but that didn't worked much. Just then a crazy idea came to my mind. I thought of playing some slow lili songs and i knew that it'll surely work but that silly doctor didn't approved that. But i insisted that we should try atleast and they without much hope accepted my idea. Then came the most challenging task, which songs i should pick ?? I was aware of the fact that nobody in our family(including ma granny) understands french, so i choosed 6 lili songs, they were : parler tout bas, a quoi rêve une jeune, coeur dèja pris, par les paupièrer, psychédélices and lui ou toi. Then i plugged out my earphone and plugged in a speaker in my ipod. Just when lili started to create her magic, my family members were totally confused about my activities and told me to stop the music. But i just asked them to leave her alone for half an hour. We all went out of the room then. I was very nervous outside, if the songs will not work then what will happen ? I was hoping that atleast the condition should not go more worse. But our lili did it, her songs really worked well. When we entered the room after half hour, grandma was sleeping peacefully. I was damn happy then, and my whole family was just shocked along with the doctor. I was feeling really proud of alizée. All congratulated me and my great idea. But the real suspense was yet to be unfold, did she slept due to all those songs or due to medicines ?? When she woked up today in the morning, i was pretty eager to ask about her opinions of the songs and she was really happy at that moment. She told that she didn't even understood a single word but the voice of that lady was so sweet and cool that she forgot all her pains and got lost in her songs. Then she asked me bit by bit details of her and we discussed about lili for 2 hours . I showed her some of lili vids and she was impressed and became a fan of her. I was kinda feeling that what is happening ??? She never behaved in that manner. I was really shocked to see that amount of interest from an old person like her.
So guyz, Dr. Alizée jacotey did her job to perfection. My respect towards lili has increased a 1000 times now. Hats off to her.
So if you have ever came acrossed a situation like this, then do share it here with us.
As I have told this forum before, the way I discovered Alizee was a suggestion by my doctor while I was being treated for depression. The VA doctor said to try listening to some music from another country and see if it helps to relax you. I then looked up French musicians and found Alizee. I always liked the French language and I thought this might be cool hearing somebody sing in French. Wow! I was lucky that Alizee was the first one I ran into, and I have never stopped listening. I don't take any medication for depression anymore. It's still a struggle sometimes, but Alizee picks me up.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

What a beautiful, inspiring story Aayush. I know Alizee would be SO happy that she lent her services to your grandmother, and how sweet of you to help her like that.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
As I have told this forum before, the way I discovered Alizee was a suggestion by my doctor while I was being treated for depression. The VA doctor said to try listening to some music from another country and see if it helps to relax you. I then looked up French musicians and found Alizee. I always liked the French language and I thought this might be cool hearing somebody sing in French. Wow! I was lucky that Alizee was the first one I ran into, and I have never stopped listening. I don't take any medication for depression anymore. It's still a struggle sometimes, but Alizee picks me up.
Ah, so one more is actually treated by Dr. Alizée. Nice to hear that Rj.bagby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
What a beautiful, inspiring story Aayush. I know Alizee would be SO happy that she lent her services to your grandmother, and how sweet of you to help her like that.
I just, by chance, tried that stuff as i was really having no idea at that point. Actual magic was done by lili's songs. I and my granny really owe her a lot

Last edited by Aayush; 11-16-2010 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts