Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default Is there any hope of any new song?

I haven't been following everything, but is there any hope of any new song from her?
Old 12-24-2017, 03:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I will have an answer to this post but Christmas eve is not the time for this subject imo.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-24-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Old 12-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have thoughts on the subject, but have to wait until I get more time to share it in full.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I haven't been following everything, but is there any hope of any new song from her?
That is the question that Alizee can only answer. Being such a private person, communicating with her fans is not one her strengths. I know the air of "mystery" can work to a celebrity's benefit, but at this point, her loyal fans that have stuck with her all these years and continue to follow her would appreciate an update on the singing part of her career. Does she still have a passion for singing? Is singing to make people happy still important to her? Is she just interested in putting out a studio album and that's it, or would she want to have a concert tour? What kind of music would she be interested in doing for her next album (if she does one)? These are the kind of questions that I have that I would be interested in knowing her answer. I also would totally accept her saying that she is done with singing, and even so, would continue to be a fan. It's just knowing.

I think the success of the dance studio is highest on her priority list for now, professionally. But sending your kids to dance class, or taking dance lessons yourself casually, is a "luxury". The world has enjoyed a 10 year run of economic expansion since the great recession, but the signs are all there that this current bubble will pop. A dance studio in LA could probably survive even during lean times because of the sheer amount of wealth, but Corsica is probably a different story. It's always good to have a Plan B for survival. I hope singing is part of their Plan B!

Something that I don't think has ever been discussed on this site is if she just would retire for the time being and have more children. She is still young, but the biological clock is ticking. She has a new husband with no children of his own. It would be a great contribution to the world to bring little Gregoires and Alizees into existence.

So, we all hold our breaths and wait for news, any news. It would be great if it would be from her directly.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 AM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

In recent interviews Alizée and Gregoire both stated to want more children, so this is a possibility.
Looking at the performance of the 2 latest albums, I dont think we can see new Albums or songs anytime soon. The music business is only about making money, and Sony did not make money with those 2 albums. So it will be hard for her to find a music firm to take her under contract, as the rumor is that she has currently no music contract.

I also think that she is now concentrating on her private life, with a few performances in between, like DALS la Tournée or other shows.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto681 View Post
So it will be hard for her to find a music firm to take her under contract, as the rumor is that she has currently no music contract.
Sales of her last 3 albums were less than 50K combined. That had to be a tough pill to swallow, personally. I am not familiar enough with the French music scene or the mindset of the people to know if they would support a comeback album by her. The US is one huge market she never broke into, and maybe it is even too late for that.

I wonder if she would ever consider joining an established band looking to add or replace a female singer?
Old 01-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Finally getting back to this question. I think there is a major obstacle in the way of another song and that is the Tournée. As long as she gets asked to appear in that show each year, her popularity will stay relatively up there. There will be the income from the Tournée and the work shops that I think will result from that show, despite now running a school in Ajaccio. So there will really be no reason for her to pursue another song.

When she stops appearing in the Tournée, then she 'will' appear in Les Enfoires again. As much as I like watching her performances in this show, I think the best part of her being in it is something I've said several times before, is she'll be rubbing elbows with other singers such as Pascal Obispo who helped her with her last album, not to mention other people in the 'singing' industry.

As long as the Tournée keeps happening and I feel it will happen for her at least another couple of years, there will be no new song, at least not one written specifically for her.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As long as the Tournée keeps happening and I feel it will happen for her at least another couple of years, there will be no new song, at least not one written specifically for her.
But how many singers have a hit "comeback" album in what would be her mid to late 30's (by the time producing the album would be done)? I am not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Just my opinion, but if she does want to return to singing one day and release another album, I think she should take the time now to work with a voice coach to improve her strength and range. There are so many fantastic singing voices out there, and she won't be a fresh, new face the next time around. This next album, if it comes, would have to blow the listener away, especially if she doesn't want to dance.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 PM

I've probably been one of her most critical fans, but I think one of her most realistic fans. It's doable, but she needs someone who is very capable of managing it. That is something she left behind when she left MF/LB. She does need voice practice, but her biggest obstacles is recognizing a good song when she has one, then knowing what to do with it and she does need to dance.

Edit:

Look too at Katy Perry, a singer I really like. She was born in 1984, the same year as Alizee. She released Eye of the Tiger in 2013, not all that long ago and it's had over 2 billion views. That's 2 billion!!!! It's not the age, it's the product and how you present it.

Edit:

Katy Perry's video 'Eye of the Tiger' was produced by Dr Luke. This is what Wikipedia says about him...."Gottwald's work has been recognized with various music industry awards. Music publication Billboard named him as one of the top performing producers of the 2000" and who did Alizée have producing her albums? Well it certainly wasn't Dr Luke.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-08-2018 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Administrator

So I was watching the College Football Playoff Championship game last night, and some rap "artist" named Kendrick Lamar did the halftime show. I still consider myself very open minded about music at the age of 56 and still enjoy everything from classical to Indie to punk and everything in between. Rap is my least favorite genre, but there are some rap songs that I really liked in the past. It has evolved like rock has evolved, and if Kendrick Lamar represents what rap has evolved to, then it is sh*t, because his music is sh*t. There was no "show", just him standing alone on stage grabbing his crotch and rapping lyrics I could barely understand. The huge crowd of young people are jumping up and down to his every word - not sure if they got paid to do that, or if they got a free hit of Ecstasy.

Watching it got me thinking about this thread. What would it take for Alizee to be able to put on a show that would draw such an audience? Alizee did a few songs that I would consider rap. There is the one where she dances around the drummer in concert, and Decolage. Coming from her, it was sexy, but definitely something for a young Alizee to sing, and not where she is at now. From Psyche to Blonde, she has tested the waters with different styles of music and nothing seems to stick. I think the song Blonde was an attempt at putting out a song where she does some dancing (at least in the official video). I think that she was thinking that album would put her back on the map. She looked really great as a blond, but I came away thinking the song was gimmicky and forgettable. It looks like everybody else did too.

You mention Katy Perry. Her voice is very good, her songwriting is even better, but her promotion and production is spectacular. Same with Lady Gaga, who I have a lot of respect for as an artist. Aside from the ridiculous outfits and sometimes trashy behavior lies a person with a very beautiful voice and great musical talent. Same as Katy, she puts on a spectacular show.

Alizee, as far as I know, cannot write music. She needs to buy it, or have a songwriter/producer invest in her like MF/LB. I don't think anybody would want to invest in her now unless the potential payback is big, which would include a lot of touring with a big show after an album release. Trying not to be biased because we love the girl, taking account her recent musical history and opening of a new dance studio, who would take this risk? I am pretty pessimistic that Alizee and Mylene would work together again, but who knows.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her taking more of an Indie route and try to find her niche and performing in smaller venues. One of my favorite female vocalists is Alison Krauss. She has a voice like an angel and is beautiful. She teams with the band Union Station and produce excellent bluegrass. I saw them in concert in a theater setting and it was awesome. She sells out wherever she goes. In other words, it doesn't have to be big to be successful.

Edit:

I wanted to add before I forget that Alizee kind of pigeonholed herself with her tattoos. I don't bring this up to steer the conversation to her tattoos, but I think it is relevant. Image is everything. Her musical choices must match her look or the people won't fall for it. Just my opinion.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 01-09-2018 at 08:33 AM..