Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: If an UEdS DVD added synced Lili snapshots to the CD, the most EXTRA I'd pay is:
US $0 0 0%
US $1 0 0%
US $2 1 6.25%
US $5 3 18.75%
US $10 8 50.00%
US $20 or more 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Not just you, tchaikovsky, but two or three were. I wasn't trying to be rude, it just seemed like a pontless question to ask, instead of addressing the thread's actual topic. Sorry to anyone who was offended!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

I would pay extra for that. I really wished she could have a DVD with videos of each song. I love watching her perform and would pay a fair amount to have it.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile VCD support & post icon mishap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I'd pay $5-$10 more. Although, Alizée has released a VCD with one of the releases of MCE that included the clips for Moi... Lolita anf J'en ai Marre. I'd probably prefer something like that.
The several times (now all many years ago) I've bought a DVD player for my family or an institution, I have ALWAYS made sure it had VCD support, even if the seller was of no help with this issue. When I was buying, chances are you would get a unit without such support if you were a casual consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
PS: docdtv, why do you use the thumbs down icon for so many of your thread startes? You seem so... disapproving, of everything that way.
Thanks much for this heads up! For reasons too complicated to explain, I had thought the icon was a Question Mark. Hey, at least I don't ask all the time for you to repost stuff because I am using an odd access device, like someone whose name I won't mention.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Who is that, I wonder?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I'll pay whatever price it takes to support her
Same here
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 PM

Crap, I have to make a random post! I'm currently at 666! But yeah, I would like to point out that f this was going to be ntsc? If it were to be released, it would probably be pal, meaning it would not work on american dvd players. I have that problem with En Concert. It works on computers, but not dvd players. Is there a copy of En Concert that works on American dvd players?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good...maybe the colors will go all wee-woo and make the thingy look trippy. I would definitely like it
Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I would like to see a short film type music video more than anything, but then again, anything Lilly is quite appreciated
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Vvv = 555.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Crap, I have to make a random post! I'm currently at 666! But yeah, I would like to point out that f this was going to be ntsc? If it were to be released, it would probably be pal, meaning it would not work on american dvd players. I have that problem with En Concert. It works on computers, but not dvd players. Is there a copy of En Concert that works on American dvd players?
666, VVV? Trouble, trouble, trouble.

Actually, it's not really the pal/ntsc choice that gives you problems - it's the embedded region code. (I run a video store, it's my business to know this.) DVD's for use in the U.S. are coded "Region 1", European discs get coded "Region 2"...and so on.

So the easiest thing would be to order "En Concert" from Mexico - they're also Region 1. So's Canada.

But if you order from Asia (via ebay or Amazon sellers), you can easily find discs designated "Region 0". Those are cool, cause they're NOT region-specific. They'll play anywhere, on your computer, on your dvd player, or whatever. They may even play on your crappy phone (lmao). Look for Region 0 or 1, shop internationally, save money, and buy with confidence.

Actually, I bought 2 "En Concerts": the first from Mexico (Region 1); and the second from Hong Kong (Region 0) because it had a better box to put out for rent at our store. But as it turned out, the Hong Kong version of the concert was 19 seconds longer, so I keep that one at home. In the case from Mexico.

Edit:

OH - AT THE RISK OF DOUBLEPOSTING HERE - BUT TO GET BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

Would I want a UEDS DVD with a slideshow of Lili photos?

No.

I just wouldn't. I'm busy listening. I don't want to have to look at something, especially something distracting.

What you're describing sounds to me a lot like a screensaver - one that lasts 36 minutes and 59 seconds and has a really great soundtrack. Do I want that? Do I need that? No and no.

And if I zoned out staring at the TV while watching such a screensaver, would I be vulnerable to cranial frying-pan attacks?

Yes.

Ouchy!

Last edited by Chuck; 04-13-2010 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 AM

Lol well the ironic thing is mine is region 2, yet I did order it from ebay. Mine came from china (the return address was in Hong Kong), and had Chinese and French print. I know about regions, but I thought region 1 meant ntsc, 2 meant pal, so on, so on. But thank you for the advise on the Mexican copy. Once I get some money, I'll try that out!

Tags
compactdisk, dvd, photos, snapshots, ueds