Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default Songs people skip...

Ok so I just got back from a place 2,880miles away and so I've had time to think about some stuff. I have always wondered why people skip the slower Alizee songs. I know there are a lot better ones(the faster ones), but her slower songs are some of the greatest if you really listen to them.

So I just urge you to go back and to listen to 3 songs that people skip the most and try to imagine Alizee singing them because it makes you like them better:
-Couer Deja Pris
-Abracadabra
-Tempete

Ok so maybe Abracadabra isn't that good. But here is something to try and imagine: What if there was a music video or performance of Adacadabra? Would it make you like the song more or less? Just trying to imagine cats around Alizee would be weird in and of itself.

But really the song I am trying to get at that people skip over is Couer Deja Pris. It is probably Alizee's best slow song besides Parler Tout Bas. You just have to listen to it through to get the feeling.

If you can't tell I have just got that Lilly-High that I haven't had in months....
Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

There's a lot of her songs that I rarely listen to, because I tend to go straight to the songs that I already know I enjoy. I should make an effort to listen to all the songs that I usually skip.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 AM

Yeah thats how everyone is. I am trying to tell people to give her slow songs a second chance. I know they won't be your favorites, but some people might actually find out they like them...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

When I listen to Alizée I usually just listen to the songs that I like, so I don't really skip any.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
When I listen to Alizée I usually just listen to the songs that I like, so I don't really skip any.
Oh...I forgot that is possible.

What I do is just start at Moi...Lolita and go all the way to Mes Fantomes
Old 07-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Merci Alizée

Never had a playlist of songs, there is nothing like skipping for me.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Never had a playlist of songs, there is nothing like skipping for me.
Same with me. I just listen to the songs I enjoy at that time.

Happens all the time

Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

I looove all of her slow songs, I'm a big fan for Parler Tout Bas!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah thats how everyone is. I am trying to tell people to give her slow songs a second chance. I know they won't be your favorites, but some people might actually find out they like them...
And who is this everyone you refer to so often in your posts? Is there a member here named Everyone? I never met them. So, I assume you must be generalizing.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
And who is this everyone you refer to so often in your posts? Is there a member here named Everyone? I never met them. So, I assume you must be generalizing.
C'mon now V-man, don't be so hard on the guy . I'm sure by "everyone" he is refering to how, to the extent of his knowledge, most people just go to the songs they already know and enjoy. I get what he's sayin'.

It usually depends on what I feel like listening to that usually determines which songs I'll listen to. But I enjoy all of Alizée's songs so much that I generally just pick a song I feel like listening to, just to start off with, then I just enjoy all her songs that follow. I have listened to many of the "slower" songs as much as the "fast" songs, so I really do enjoy and appreciate their beauty. So you can count me out of that category of "everyone" Aaron .

However, I don't think the issue is that people skip the slower songs more so often than the faster paced ones because the slower songs aren't as good. I think it is more that the faster paced ones happen to fit the mood most of the time, or create a more enjoyable mood at times. Lilly Town, for example, is very upbeat and just creates a very fun and happy mood for me. Very enjoyable. Whereas, Tempête is slower and just doesn't have that upbeat, happy, happy tone to it. Still a wonderful song though. I just happen to want to listen to the more upbeat song more often. But then you have Par Les Paupières. It could be considered slower and calmer but I enjoy it just as much as the upbeat songs. It is just very beautiful. Then you roll on over to L'Effet, much slower and calmer. I still enjoy it but it just has a different mood. Slower, calmer, chill. It could be in a similar category as Tempête but I would listen to L'Effet over it (maybe it's the piano?). I do not skip over any songs though. I just enjoy what each has to offer.

Tempête and Cœur déjà pris are very beautiful songs as well, but it can be very well understood that one would prefer to listen to J'ai pas vingt ans, J'en ai marre, or A contre-courant over them. There just seems to more going on. I wouldn't say that people don't listen or enjoy her slower paced songs though, I certainly listen to and enjoy the slower ones. You get to really hear and experience the beauty of her voice. But it is good to just let people know these songs are there from time to time though as they can easily be overlooked.

Tags
alizee, awesome, bedefinitely, slow, songs