Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

I still think that Alizée can be known if people like the people with Operation LTNY, went out to meet the public and handed out little things with her name on it. Hell even set up a stereo with her albums going.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
I still think that Alizée can be known if people like the people with Operation LTNY, went out to meet the public and handed out little things with her name on it. Hell even set up a stereo with her albums going.
I'm not sure it's that easy, Youpi. Disque from Op Drop has dropped several hundred CDs and DVDs around the city since he started in the summer, and from talking to him, it sounds like he's only gotten a few bites here and there. I fear the language barrier might just be too much for most people to overlook, sadly.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I'm not sure it's that easy, Youpi. Disque from Op Drop has dropped several hundred CDs and DVDs around the city since he started in the summer, and from talking to him, it sounds like he's only gotten a few bites here and there. I fear the language barrier might just be too much for most people to overlook, sadly.
not only that but he is not the only one that has been doing similar things

it is not in the fans hands completely to promote

there are things that can help her though through say touring with someone who is already established

Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Actually, in point of fact, yes it is. (Or at least it has been for the past several months. ) Especially in North America...she has no promotional presence at all over here, except for the grassroots efforts that fans like Snatcher and Disque are putting forth.

The main barrier I can see--what appears to have given her the greatest boost in Mexico--is getting her music played in clubs, and from there having it requested for radio play. We're all English snobs over here. Even in Montreal (where the population is predominantly francophone), virtually all that most clubs will play is American Top 40. Sad but true. Barring another international mega-hit on the scale of Moi...Lolita, as OGRE said, I don't see a way towards overcoming that prejudice on a wide scale.

I'm not saying it's not worth fighting the good fight...but let's be honest, we're tilting at windmills, here.

Quote:
there are things that can help her though through say touring with someone who is already established
Oh, absolutely. Which is why I agree that it's a brilliant idea.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 12-29-2008 at 01:12 AM..
Old 12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Are there any major English speaking artists that like Alizee? Because as far as I know, artists disclose their influences and people they are a fan of, right? I believe all it would take is ONE. If there was one major artist who liked her, that would be the seed. Just an idea.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Are there any major English speaking artists that like Alizee? Because as far as I know, artists disclose their influences and people they are a fan of, right? I believe all it would take is ONE. If there was one major artist who liked her, that would be the seed. Just an idea.
Well, maybe Coldplay...

I KEED! I KEED!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

So say Alizée does go touring with Yelle, the few fans that she has in America will be depleted after the first few concerts because she isn't well known. Then what, she performs at Yelles concerts and she knows that she has not to many fans watching her, then she can only hope that this works. I mean people have different views on there music. She just needs to do programs that are put on TV for the public viewers to see, MTV(always show foreign music, great place to start and it only costs a long distance phone call from her manager, I am almost certain they will fit her in on like TRL), talk shows, SNL, bars etc.

Yelle is already known here and putting Alizée at that level to start out is just plain wrong, it will be very stressful for her. Now do we want that? I mean what happened to starting out small and working your way up. Going with Yelle is starting at the top and hoping for the best. Are we even sure Yelle would allow Alizée to tour with her?

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
One time isn't enough to suffice a few 10K fans for a concert or tour here.
I am saying to the people who aren't doing anything promotional wise I think they need to get up and get out there and meet the public head on and force different cultures upon them. What a difference we will see if everyone contributes.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, maybe Coldplay...

I KEED! I KEED!
Why didn't I think of that?

I seriously wonder what Coldplay thinks of her...they have to at least know about her now, somewhat.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
One time isn't enough to suffice a few 10K fans for a concert or tour here.
One time? Sir, again let me stress...Disque has been doing his thing, regularly, since July. From what I can tell, he's dropped in the neighborhood of five or six hundred discs over the past several months...possibly more, since he apparently often does "incidental drops" of a dozen or so here and there that he doesn't even bother to mention on his blog.

Despite all that, he's had maybe one or two people who have bothered to comment on his blog that they even found a disc, much less that they've given it a spin and become an Alizée fan in the process. This is not a such a great return on investment. I suspect even Disque would admit that much.

Quote:
I am saying to the people who aren't doing anything promotional wise I think they need to get up and get out there and meet the public head on and force different cultures upon them. What a difference we will see if everyone contributes.
See, the problem with this sentence here is the word "force". How likely would you be to embrace something that was "forced" on you?

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour