Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Well then promote her so she does have more fans in the UK and she'll come to the UK.
Most people here are too ignorant to foreign languages to give her a thought, atleast Americans are more open to learning and exploring foreign language. That said, when I put Moi...Lolita on the Jukebox at my local Pool/Snooker bar, i heard atleast 3 people whistle along with the tune!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee=Czech-Princess! View Post
Most people here are too ignorant to foreign languages to give her a thought, atleast Americans are more open to learning and exploring foreign language. That said, when I put Moi...Lolita on the Jukebox at my local Pool/Snooker bar, i heard atleast 3 people whistle along with the tune!
Americans... Open to learning and exploring foreign language? Trust me, they are few and far between.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 PM

I've always thought Americans were open to learning other languages.....
The large number of Lili fans within the US is also an indication!
I don't know too many people over here that speak another language, and its a shame. Foreign languages are so fun to learn.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Where have you been?
I've been to the USA several times and well, I still think my United Kingdom has a bit more open-ness to other stuff.

But however, different people, are indeed, scattered across.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 PM

I'm living in Birmingham with my mother...not really a nice place! There are places I'd rather live. I visited Fort Lauderdale in Florida February 2007 and heard a number of different languages. Spanish and French were more frequent, with Dutch and what sounded something like Portugese also quite frequent.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm living in Birmingham with my mother...not really a nice place! There are places I'd rather live. I visited Fort Lauderdale in Florida February 2007 and heard a number of different languages. Spanish and French were more frequent, with Dutch and what sounded something like Portugese also quite frequent.
Ah, I can see then.
London is the place to be for culture!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Isn't Liverpool meant to be the home of Culture?
But I must agree, London is a nice place. I like the Imperial War Museum, and of course Wembley Stadium. The Millenium Dome was good when it was around, I've not been since it turned to the 02 dome although I did want to see Katie Melua's concert there.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoSoul View Post
Americans... Open to learning and exploring foreign language? Trust me, they are few and far between.
I don't know about that. Spanish is probably more dominant here in the US, as far as folks opening up to learning another language, if one were to really look into this rather then take their immediate surrounding area as proof to an argument. Schools have always offered other languages as electives to study. You can argue that they should then make foreign language studies mandatory. But then someone with say a passion for art would argue the same. Hence the elective for the person to choose which ever interests them.

There have been other threads that discusses this and we're digressing from the original topic.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 08-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've always thought Americans were open to learning other languages.....
The large number of Lili fans within the US is also an indication!
I don't know too many people over here that speak another language, and its a shame. Foreign languages are so fun to learn.
Unfortunately I think it's true. Fortunately there are 300,000,000 of us; so, occassionally, like me, someone decides to learn a cool language like French.
By the way, when I was in high school in California, taking a foreign language was mandatory and I'm sure it still is. I took 4 years of Spanish but obviously unfortunately did not keep it up.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
By the way, when I was in high school in California, taking a foreign language was mandatory and I'm sure it still is. I took 4 years of Spanish but obviously unfortunately did not keep it up.
Foreign language is mandatory at my school, however the only choices offered are German, Chinese, Japanese, Latin, and Spanish. The practical purposes of learning the first four are minimal, so as a Texan born-and-raised, I naturally decided to take Spanish. Honestly, I think Spanish is a great language, but its not so fun to learn. I hope to God that they offer beginner's French at whatever university I choose to enroll.

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour