Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: AAm may award Alizée an Artistic Grant of €1000+. What is the MOST you pledge for it?
€ 0 = US$ 0.00 27 52.94%
€ 5 = US$ 6.70 2 3.92%
€ 10 = US$ 13.40 5 9.80%
€ 20 = US$ 26.81 8 15.69%
€ 50 = US$ 67.04 4 7.84%
€ 120+ = US$ 160.88+ 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
And doc, I would recommend making your pitch a little shorter. More people might read it.
He's right, Doc. I read the entire post, but I doubt the next guy did.

I did answer truthfully, for what the poll originally was asking.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Try PM again if desired

In the course of soliciting participation in the poll during the last hour, I discovered more than one person who had blocked Private Messaging, including myself.

I think I have now enabled my receipt of private messages.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-27-2010 at 11:57 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I purchased all her CDs and DVDs, but giving her money for no product isn't a good idea to me. I'd rather donate money to the poor than to a professional musician that isn't in financial dire straits.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
I purchased all her CDs and DVDs, but giving her money for no product isn't a good idea to me. I'd rather donate money to the poor than to a professional musician that isn't in financial dire straits.
yea I agree Puffy. Im sorry Doc but someone like Alizee does not need the little money we can offer her, it would be like chump change to her. She has to make *atleast* 100,000 euros a year which is in no way a little. For her age the average income in France is like 10-20,000 euros. I think the best we can do is just buy her cds and continue to support her in that manner. Plus I think Alizee would be insulted if we donated her money, I personally would!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Just thought some people in this thread might find this interesting. I found it at disqueenfrance.com, a web site listing music sales classifications and stuff like that.
Investing In Music
I'm doing the same thing somewhat, if I understand you correctly, with another Artist/Vocalist I know about: http://www.marinav.com/index.php

I have copies of all her CDs to present and it's good music; donated funds, etc., towards her new CD. It's amazingly quite difficult for new artists, though Marina V isn't really new to the field with about five CDs already, to really get started. I think there was like a fund though recently to donate to up to $ 30,000 to begin to get a CD recorded. She does a lot of live performances as well. It's like Elvis walking into Sun Records one day back in '54 and having to pay $ 10.00 then to have but a couple songs recorded on one vinyl 78 rpm 10" disc. Perhaps donations in Alizée's name would be more appropriate?...to new artists or school of singing/theatre like what 'AlizéeInspired' mentioned, perhaps?

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 04-27-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Wink The arts world and money: Beauty meets the beast?

Hey, things are tough all over in the arts world! I thought I would provide a little perspective (not to mention comic relief) by briefly excerpting a new <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/26/arts/26comp.html">article</a> in <i>The New York Times</i> on the pay of elite cultural executives in New York City:<blockquote><i>Compensation for executives at cultural organizations has long been something of a delicate subject... On the one hand, the executives are often highly educated people running important institutions that face complex problems. But they are also at the helm of nonprofit organizations that depend on the generosity of others and, often, on government support...

...In the past 18 months these cultural executives and many others have frozen their salaries or taken cuts as arts budgets have shrunk. [Glenn D. Lowry, director of the Museum of Modern Art] ...last year ...received a package worth roughly half of what he took in during 2008.

At the Metropolitan Opera the general manager, Peter Gelb, cut his $1.5 million compensation twice... in response to declining donations, ticket sales and endowment... [He] said he had earned four times as much as the president of Sony Classical record label before he came to the opera... “But it’s the largest performing arts company in the country, if not the world, in terms of budget.”</i></blockquote>I bet dance schools on none-too-rich Mediterranean islands are doing even worse.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

In regards to a scholarship, would the proposed recipient(s) be picked by the school or would the lucky scholar(s) write a letter to and be chosen by the AAm "board"? And would the ambassador hand deliver the award? The ambassador being any number of people including Alizée herself. Just thoughts.
I am in support of this scholarship idea and I guess that is the first step.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM

Smile Scholarship idea brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
In regards to a scholarship, would the proposed recipient(s) be picked by the school or would the lucky scholar(s) write a letter to and be chosen by the AAm "board"? And would the ambassador hand deliver the award? The ambassador being any number of people including Alizée herself. Just thoughts.
I am in support of this scholarship idea and I guess that is the first step.
Thank you for your interest and preliminary brainstorming.

I first sketched this revised idea at <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162870&postcount=60"><i>The Alizée Jacotey Fund at Ecole de Danse de Monique Mufraggi</i></a> and have not thought about it since. I must publicly thank Ruroshen for injecting the invaluable idea of a charity into the discussion.

I will let the extant poll continue a few days more before orally mooting it. For now, it appears a little bit short of the € 1000 threshold I had set for reasons of dignity. I would like to believe that a scholarship proposal would have broader and deeper appeal and could easily reach this minimum funding level.

All the same, € 1000 is not a large sum over which to make any fuss! I would be surprised if the school refused the gift, but only if we make using it easy for them. I think we should leave choosing the student who benefits in their hands alone. Perhaps we might only ask for a name and photo we could post on our Web site, assuming the student's parents had no privacy objections.

One cannot be sure if the school would play it up in the manner I imagine in my proposal, and if Alizée's team would see it as the same type of publicity opportunity for her I have suggested. I have not really scoped the school out at all! Do they have other scholarship funds? Is there some practical angle I am missing in my naivety?

<b>I would especially like our Parisian friend Bigdan to use his reported Corsican contact to gather intelligence to critique the idea</b> in general, and the worthiness of the school in particular. In any event, please remember that Ajaccio is just a little town without a lot of institutional experience like Paris or New York. I am hoping this will make any foolishness we show less of an annoyance to the Corsicans than we were to Alizée's Parisian crew!

And if too many people object to the idea of sending € 1000 to Alizée's humble but proud little island in bad economic times for cultural support, I may have to show them the <a href="http://alignmap.com/wp-content/Graphics/lampoon-dog-big.jpg">infamous cover</a> of the January 1973 issue of <i>National Lampoon</i> humor magazine as a tactic!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
Music should be free, its art and art is priceless so.. I think things like thepiratebay and other torrent sites should be a way for artist to promote emselfs... like Alizée herself stated in technicart she also downloads, especialy films (so she aslo downloads music) Artist should make money with concerts and live preformaces...
And since when has any art been free? Maybe Alizée doesn't have the capability or just time to make up that money on live performances. Maybe she shouldn't even try to make music then?

And why is it that she and the ten or 15 other people working with her to make an album can fork out 100,000€ or whatever it might cost to create an album and do all the promotion, but it's up to us to decide that she gets no return on her money and months or years of her life spent until she does a concert? Maybe she and others are not going about it the best way, but it's pretty simple, if she can't make money one way or another on these albums, she's not going to keep making them. Again, think about all of the musicians, lyricists, technicians, etc. etc. have worked on this album. I think we have very little understanding of what it takes to make an album much less music videos, advertisements, etc.. Even if Alizée wanted to do this as a hobby and spend all her own money and time for free because "its art and art is priceless" I guaranty the people she's working with aren't doing it for free.

Yeah, I think it would have been better if Alizée could have been doing some tv show performances and getting paid for it and then lining up concerts for this summer, but for some reason she seems to be unable to do that. I don't thus find her worthless which seems to be what people now think the word priceless means rather than simply being of a value that is inestimable. That word used to be applied to things that people thought were so valuable that some people would be willing to pay any price to obtain it, rather than declare that they are not willing to pay anything for it. But none of this is news.

I guess you think you aren't losing anything and there will always be enough artists and content creators out there willing to risk making nothing back on their investments to not care. Well, we will lose the Alizée's of the world, but so far there seems to still be others. We'll see how well that continues to work.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

What i think is Docdtv have seen "Moi...Lolita" too much times...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tags
art, grant, money, patronage, theft