Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Valid points AI.

There is a possibility that it would not make much difference as many of the often too “sensitive” members would probably not resist the urge to post in that section in order to defend and protect the image they conceive of a perfect Alizée that cannot be criticized under any circumstances. Also, some topics might be so strange or unusual (“Is MF an alien”) that derisive and derogative comments would still be posted. But I just think that this section might be a place where people like me, who are not solely interested in conventional topics, could discuss more freely.

There are specific issues that should be addressed though:

- There should be not tolerance for any sort of abuse of members or Alizée herself. All the rules of AAm forums and good netiquette should be strictly enforced.
- A notice should warn members of the nature of the topics being discussed.
- Would this “private” (not public) forum become so popular that it would significantly deplete the number of posts in the regular public forums? That would be deleterious for AAm since there is little being posted to start with.
- Inevitably, people who post in that forum would be seen as members who might impede the promotion of Alizée, even if this would be a biased opinion.
- Linking directly to that forum from the public forums should be disallowed.
- People should be warned that the forum and all its posts could be deleted at any time if the experiment proves to be unfruitful. Who would take such a decision would have to be determined before the forum is created, I suppose.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-29-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
some subjects might not be appropriate for them.
I think Azhiri and I can handle it...
Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I think Azhiri and I can handle it...
Are you kidding? You guys are so mature I think you both suffer from dyscalculia and that you actually are respectively 41 and 61.
I’m just thinking about others in the younger crowd that might not feel they are mature enough to be exposed to certain topics.

I guess the “age” thing comes into consideration when thinking about more sexual topics, but I would think a “private” forum would be useful for all sorts of less conventional or more controversial topics, as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-29-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

The "more controversial" topics thing sounds like a good idea to me. Haha, I just pictured another section in the list of Alizee sections called "Mature Discussion" and thought, "oh dear, people may get the wrong idea".

A private discussion section would not go amiss. The more disagreeable opinions could have a place there and they wouldn't just be sitting out there for the more diehard Alizee supporters to see and get their feathers ruffled.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

If this "Private Discussion" were to exist, how would you keep the threads in it from popping up on the home page? Because you guys are saying you want it to be quite inaccessible in order to not have "less mature" members see it and get their feathers ruffled(aka Get mad at people).

Cause I could imagine some "less mature" fan visiting this forum and clicking a thread on the home page that reads "Alizée's Sexual Beauty", then him/her getting really upset at what he reads. Since after all Corsaire, you said you wanted "sexual comments" to be allowed. I am not saying that thread is something you would ppst so please don't see it that way.

I just feel that this will be unhealthy for the members of this forum since talking about Alizée in a sexual way or talking about controversial things about her always ends up in someone getti g hurt or offended, and it most always tends to be degrading to Alizée.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Actually by private discussion I was thinking more in terms of people who have different opinions but then get yelled at no matter how nicely-put the comment may be, and mature as in intellectual; sexual comments are a different matter. I think things like "this is a very sexy picture blah blah blah" and "I think she's sexy etc etc etc" are fine and good but other, more specific conversations (that would upset a "less mature" fan like aaron said) are simply disrespectful and best left to yourself, or private messaging.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

These are all great points but honestly, if someone sees a thread with a name that worries said person, then just leave it alone. No need to look into the thread knowing you will be disappointed which is sadly is not what happens most of the times.

Oh and Azhiri, your post count has 666!

Last edited by Fèvier; 01-29-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Oh I see what you're saying now Azhiri, and I totally agree. So yeah, how do we get this forum made? MerciAlizée, where are you? Hehe
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I dont think Corsaire meant sexual topics. (since that would break rule 1 of this forum, and would be quite disrespectful to Lili ) as Azhiri said, best to keep any of that off forum.

I think he just meant more deep and meaningful talks, with some topics that may not hold back, and may be a bit more "in your face" then some may like.

Am I correct in this Corsaire?

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-30-2011 at 12:15 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 10:04 AM

Aaron, people would not see the topic on the homepage of AAm. This forum should only be accessible for members who are interested in participating in discussions of that nature. Directly linking to that section from the public forum would not be possible either, so to avoid spill over of the topics in the public forums. Also, that section would not be available to indexing by search engines, so, you could not get there by clicking a search result link in Google, for example. If a member did show up in that section, it would be his (or her) own decision to do so and he would have to accept that some posts might “challenge” some of his convictions or conceptions. But again, just so this is clear, there would be no transgressing of any AAm forums rules or proper netiquette that would allowed.

Concerning the “sexual” topics that seem to be a big concern here , I think it should be handled the same way that any other topic would, meaning, again, if it respects all the rules of AAm forums and good netiquette, then it is fair game. By the way can someone direct me to the rules of AAm forums that concern unacceptable topics? I keep searching but I can’t find them. Brian01 says that the first rule stipulates that discussing “sexual” topics is not allowed, if this is the case, I can tell you someone has been asleep at the switch because some pretty explicit sexual topics have been discussed on AAm public forums in the past. And frankly, a forum about Alizée where you cannot discuss the highly sexual content of some of her lyrics or the highly suggestive moves or imagery she has used in her career would be silly. But it should be done while keeping in mind that we need to respect all members and, evidently, Alizée herself.

Tags
forum, suggestion box