Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Right, it's Mylene that's the pervert. An older man that has power over her must be a reference to her father. What a freak.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Right, it's Mylene that's the pervert. An older man that has power over her must be a reference to her father. What a freak.
Ok dude, now that's enough !

1 - I don't care if you're stubborn as hell but you've gotta show some respect

2 - Just translate the goddamn webpage into whatever fucking language you want or try to find any other serious website explaining the song and you'll face the fact that the song is mentionning an OBVIOUS father-daughter relationship ... http://farmer.conclusion.free.fr/SIT...lui_ou_toi.htm

Dammit, if you want to prove me wrong then find some solid counter argument, but stop stating bullshit , you're not disproving my point

PS: Btw the foam in the bubble bath is called "mousse" in french which is also the name for green moss ... and is sometimes used to describe pubes... so don't reject an idea because its english translation might sound ridiculous..

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-05-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

how could do you say " mauvaise foi" in english? Bad faith?

Well, you have decide that every enigmatic sentence of Mylène lyrics are sexual inuendo. That you' re choice.

let me just remind you that she also write this :

j'ai rêvé qu'on pouvait s'aimer
au souffle du vent
s'élevait l'âme, l'humanité
son manteau de sang
j'irai cracher sur vos tombeaux
n'est pas le vrai, n'est pas le beau
j'ai rêvé qu'on pouvait s'aimer

It's a famous part of her lyrics. Cause nobody can understand anything to this. Cause it didnt mean anything. Look carefully Les Enfoires, when they sing "Rever", you can see artists make fun when they came to this words.
What I mean, is Mylène is well know to have unintelligible , obscure writing.
She knows that the meaning is in the eye of the reader.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Since the official author of the Alizée’s early songs never actually said what those lyrics were about, everyone is entitled to his own interpretations. Anyone on the Internet who claims to have found the “real” meaning of Alizée’s early songs is just giving his/her own interpretations. That being said, although the references that lapinschous has included might go a bit too far, I myself believe that the songs from Gourmandises an MCE are replete with sexual themes. I also believe that unless one is opened about sexual matters and one has *excellent* knowledge of the French language and culture, it is quite possible to miss most of the sexual content in those songs.

Interpreting lyrics is difficult for many reasons and one of them is that you have to choose the definition of words that could have several meanings. In every language, many common words do have a clear sexual connotation or a slang meaning that is sexual or vulgar. For example, it is true that, in France, “mousse” (foam) can mean pubic hair and “gourmandise” (treat) can mean fellatio.

http://www.languefrancaise.net/bob/detail.php?id=26870
http://www.affection.org/sexualite/f...fellation.html

So, as an example, if you make crude translations:

“I have soft skin in my pubic hair” (JEAM)
“Alizée’s kisses are real blow jobs” (Gourmandises)

People who don’t accept these as valid interpretations are possibly too prude or too ignorant of the meaning or use of certain French words.

Just so people who have little knowledge of French can see how the LB/MF technique of writing feels in English, here is something that is somewhat similar in style:

Tonight will be an opera
Opera, über raw
I will play the magic flute
Imma do us, like Amadeus

You’re not scared of the giant snake
But of the gang you will be the slave
Are you ready for their Big Bang?
The bang of the Wolf gang

So, what are those lyrics really about? Some could say these are just puns and references to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and The Magic Flute opera (and yes, that includes a giant snake). Myself, I see a penis, more penises and sexual acts, including group sex, more specifically a gang bang.

In any case is anyone seriously pretending this song/video is not about fellatio:

Young girls suggestively sucking on fruits. At 2:24 the young man holds the girls head and looks down at his crotch in an insisting manner. A little later on, cherries and small tomatoes incised to make them look like penis glans and meatuses with liquid coming out. I think it would really be difficult to make it more obvious.

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-06-2013 at 11:07 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM

There are plenty of native French speakers who have analyzed her songs, and are quite raunchy in their own respect. But I will say this, people see what they want to see. You can make the most innocent of songs sound filthy if you analyze every word on it's own.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

i didn't even notice the tomatoes trick ... okay laurent boutonnat definitely is a provocative guy..

Quote:
You can make the most innocent of songs sound filthy if you analyze every word on it's own.

You are perfectly right, but this is different for it has been made on purpose to be analysed in every word...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There are plenty of native French speakers who have analyzed her songs, and are quite raunchy in their own respect. But I will say this, people see what they want to see. You can make the most innocent of songs sound filthy if you analyze every word on it's own.
I agree with you.
What the others have already written...just shocked me.
I have never thought that Gourmandises & JEAM can mean these kind of things...
But I think you're totally right because that's true, people see what they want to see.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I can’t vouch for other people’s analyses, but my own analyses are not based on isolated words put out of context. I am not saying a hat is a vagina and a head is a penis just for the sake of infusing sexual content. My analyses are based on the French culture, the work of LB/MF, the early Alizée concept, the videos, the choreographies and the different meanings French words do have, in France.

But no one is forced to believe any of this. Afterall, many people in France are still incredulous when they hear that France Gall’s Les Sucettes was about fellatio:

And yes, the lyrics to that song can really be understood at two completely different levels; a girl enjoying lollipops, or a girl performing fellatios. LB/MF have built careers based on the very same techniques used by the great Serge Gainsbourg. Basically, the author is trying to make the song as innocent as possible, while being as sexually charged as possible at the same time. Some people enjoy the challenge and try to find the second level to those lyrics, others are completely oblivious to it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
i didn't even notice the tomatoes trick ... okay laurent boutonnat definitely is a provocative guy..
LB is not only provocative, he was the driving force behind MF and Alizée’s career. It is his own universe that was used to create both concepts. It is sad that most people don’t give him the credit that he deserves.

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-07-2013 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 PM

According to France Gall, everyone knew it was about oral sex except her.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Oh my god... this France Gall video... o.O