Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-13-2006, 02:55 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow I'm Worried

To say the least, I'm a little worried about Alizee's success when she returns. I've been reading some coments on some other sites and alot of the comments left by people who see her videos on Youtube.com It appears that not alot of Europeans seem to like her. One even went as far to say "She dishonour France, french culture and french nation. Grrr.. In France no so many who loves her. It's correctly!" After sifting through the broken English I get the feeling more and more that Lili's career is over.

The Alizee that we've all been so greatly attracted to is long dead, so to speak. I seriously doubt that she is the same cute, innocent, princess that so captured our interests. It's not like she's been frozen in time the past 3 years. Things have changed and I think that all of us are in for a huge surprise.

When (if) that album is released, the music style will be very different from what we've been listening to. I think that the majority of us will not like it. Those of you whom have decided that you will like it already, ask yourself if it's really Alizee's music that you like most about her.

In addition to the change in her music and image, I think that the new release will ultimately be a flop. After hearing from some other members on these forums that people hardly know of her anymore, I doubt that she will be the same big hit that she was 4-5 years ago. Hell, there are people from Europe who talk about her very negatively. It sounds to me that she is very unpopular over there.

I don't know, I'm just kind of flowing my conciousness onto the keyboard. I guess to sum it all up, I'll say this: Her career i probably over, it was shortlived like every other pop-icon of the late 90's-early 2000's. It's time to face the music, and move on to other things (like alot of you have, but won't admit ). Game over, man.

P.S. >>Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a fan of her music that she's recorded as of yet, but I have serious doubts for her future in the business.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n View Post
The Alizee that we've all been so greatly attracted to is long dead, so to speak. I seriously doubt that she is the same cute, innocent, princess that so captured our interests. It's not like she's been frozen in time the past 3 years. Things have changed and I think that all of us are in for a huge surprise.

Still looks damn cute to me...

Quote:
When (if) that album is released, the music style will be very different from what we've been listening to. I think that the majority of us will not like it. Those of you whom have decided that you will like it already, ask yourself if it's really Alizee's music that you like most about her.
I like Alizée in spite of my musical tastes. From what I can tell, very few of us here listen to pop music outside of hers. Hell, RadioactiveMan is an 80s metal fan. mibir likes Sublime. Most of us were not drawn to Alizée because we heard one of her songs...

And really, is there anything wrong with that?

That being said, if Alizée's music shifts in more of a rock direction...which is what most people here like...why would you think the majority won't like it?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

if i stopped listening to rap/hip-hop to listen to alizees music. i probably wont find it hard to get used to her new style of music if she comes back. although she lost many european fans she will probably regain some more when she releases her album... along with more american fans. but i dont think it will sell as much as gourmandise and MCE.
im just so damn desperate to see her comeback that im not even thinking about her new style of music. and with her image, she is still an angel, she will still be just as beautiful when she comes back. unless she goes skin bald =P
Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Tough question, I heard that the concert for the en Concert DVD wasn't sold out something around 70% capacity if I remeber right. But personally I actually like her voice more than Mylene's lyrics and Laurent's music. At times I find that her voice is buried under Laurent's music and wish you could hear more of it. I also wish she would sing live more to gain more confidence and power in her voice. But back to your question I don't think any other French artist had the success Moi Lolita had, and compared to it her new albums aren't going to be as popular, but Mes Courants Electriques still sold on par with other French albums. And I do enjoy her covers which shows she doesn't need Mylene and Laurent to deliver a performance. And if she moves in a new direction so what, yes it will alienate some fans, but it will also attract new ones. I don't listen to pop music outside of a few French artists, so it doesn't bother me if she grows as an artist. I can't say I will like something I haven't heard but don't expect not liking it. And as for what she looks like, she's a singer why the hell would I not listen to her songs based on what she looks like. The fact that's she's cute is only an added bonus, but not one I require to enjoy her singing. And one final point to this rambling is that some said that she was a one hit wonder after Moi Lolita and she was finished, yet she released two more albums (counting en Concert). Don't be so skeptical it takes a lot of work and time to create an album, especially those created outside of the world of manufactured pop music.

Last edited by Twitch; 10-13-2006 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: I shouldn't be allowed to type this late at night...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To say the least, I'm a little worried about Alizee's success when she returns. I've been reading some coments on some other sites and alot of the comments left by people who see her videos on Youtube.com It appears that not alot of Europeans seem to like her. One even went as far to say "She dishonour France, french culture and french nation. Grrr.. In France no so many who loves her. It's correctly!" After sifting through the broken English I get the feeling more and more that Lili's career is over.
I don't know if you've noticed, but all the posters on Youtube are idiots. They say the most random shit.

And as for "She dishonors the country." I think she's done nothing but draw people to learn French and visit their country. Great advertising if you ask me. Her public life is very clean. I have no clue as to what would be disrespectfull to France. If they're referring to the upskirting incorporated in her dances, that's not really that big of a deal. Have they seen MF's basically striptease vid, lol. Seems more of a personal problem on their part.

Quote:
In addition to the change in her music and image, I think that the new release will ultimately be a flop. After hearing from some other members on these forums that people hardly know of her anymore, I doubt that she will be the same big hit that she was 4-5 years ago. Hell, there are people from Europe who talk about her very negatively. It sounds to me that she is very unpopular over there.
It really depends on the marketing. Of course people barely think of her anymore. She hasn't been in the spotlight. But she still has her past fame to build on. When the new album comes out, it won't be like people will say, "Who's this?"

Yeah, I'll have to say I'll doubt if it is a big as before. To get to the level she had before is pretty hard. She was a solid no. 1 in the country--pretty tough to match, even if it is yourself. It's not immpossible, though. There's alot of artists that come back w/ a big hit!

You gotta remember that it's not the same "team" working on this record. This is a new step for Alizée, and first steps always a bitch! Anyhow.......you stay sexy San Diego!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm a little worried
Don't be

WARNING! MUSHY FEELINGS AHEAD
On a deeper note:
I couldn't care less what other people think, all I know is I enjoy her music, even if a new album is a tremendous flop, I'm sure she can still manage enough to get by.
As much as I want her to have every opportunity in the world, if the general population doesn't like it, fine, I'll still have my copy though. America has had some pretty shitty music, people often don't know what's good, take a look at some of the junk that's popular today, as much more sophistaced as we want the magical land of smart people across the Atlantic to be, they are able to fall into the same crummy tastes too.

The universe is a big f*cking place, a BIG f*cking place, with so many things bigger than us, the only thing we can be sure of is the effect we leave on others. Old Alizee is not dead, that girl has already meant something to me, she has left a mark on me and on a lot of the people here, through that she will live on forever.

And about her not the same cute girl - what I've always admired about Alizée is her love of life, she can make the funnest moments out of nothing. I might be delusional, but I think she is the rare case of a great person made a celebrity, not an average selfish nutcase that the media tells us to like.

As for her career being over, nah, talent like that can't hide forever.
But if she IS done, I'll let her be done, she deserves to live her life out the way she wants, I couldn't care less if that includes anther album in the future.
She's already changed my life, I can't ask for any more, she's left a mark on me that nobody can take away. That person existed, and that same person is still walking the same earth we do everyday, I just hope to learn more about her sometime.

Last edited by bt_bird_90; 10-13-2006 at 04:12 AM..
Old 10-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

lmao, Urb4n opened up a can of worms with this one, you guys rock, btw
Old 10-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Well I wrote a long page and the damn thing shut me out and I lost everything so here is a short version.

*Alizée must change style to keep listeners interested. Change is good.
* American music sucks European music rocks because it's different
*Too many good artists in EU but they probably wouldn't appeal to the US listener as a whole since it is in a foreign language.
* Rap must go it sucks since 1998 now Europe is getting more into rap don't try to be American
*US schools should teach other languages at an early age so we can compete with Europe maybe more artists would show their stuff in their native language. I hate English versions of songs from artists that English is not their first language. After translating it loses its original meaning.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
She's already changed my life, I can't ask for any more, she's left a mark on me that nobody can take away. That person existed, and that same person is still walking the same earth we do everyday, I just hope to learn more about her sometime.
Well spoken.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Here are some artists that I would recommend which most have videos on You Tube.

French: Melissa Mars, Pascal Obispo, Calogero, Jenifer, Natasha St Pier, Nolwenn Leroy, Clemence, Balbino Medellin, Arkol, Vegastar, Mylene Farmer

Italian: Paola e Chiara

German: Lafee

Greek: Elena Paparizou