Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
We're not talking about some small hole-in-the-wall country, we're talking about France, one of the major powers on Earth. Of course, the marriage is legal if Alizee gets married in the US. It's probably just that she has register it in France so that the French government knows she got married. If some American get married in another country then they also have to register (legally notify and prove) that they got married in that other country.
Dave.

You are not listening.

An American marriage is NOT accepted in France.

Look at their history to understand why.

It is a historically Catholic country. Also, it is Europe.

In order to get married in France (if I remember correctly) you have to file paperwork indicating you intend to marry with some local official (I forget who). This has to be on the books (and, I believe, pubicly posted) for 30 days PRIOR to the marriage, so anyone who has an issue can protest.

As was said above, they did not bother to do this so they are NOT legally married according to French law.

The legality of marriage is more complicated than just "getting married." In most countries, official marriage brings with it certain burdens and certian legal benefits. The laws on marriage vary from country to country precisely becaus the laws in general vary from country to country.

So, appologize to those above to whom you were so quick to insult and move on to another topic.

Rev

PS - Welcome to the forum (I do mean this).

Tags
divorce