Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2010, 04:28 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, and say that I doubt we'll hear her perform JEAM again, or likely any of the MF/LB-era songs, with the possible lone exception of Moi...Lolita, given that it's the tenth anniversary of her big breakout single. And even that I expect to see reorchestrated again to fit the current style.

I think the new tour will more likely draw heavily from UEdS, with some of the stronger songs from Psych thrown in (and possibly a few covers like La Isla Bonita) to pad it out time-wise.

Sorry to rain on your parade, gang, but with two albums of her "own" material to draw upon now, I really don't see her retaining much of the Gourmandises/MCE catalogue. At most, we'll see a medley, and I think even that's wishful thinking.
Unfortunally, this is true. All her songs from all eras will most likely be reorchestrated towards the new style. However I still hope she works her voice to meet the tone and level of the new style to be ble to give a great live performance . I guess time will tell.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

As long as it wasn't anything like the reorchestration version of Amelie M'a Dit....
Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
As long as it wasn't anything like the reorchestration version of Amelie M'a Dit....
Whoa hold on! There was a reorchestration of Amelie M'a Dit?! when was this? Please enlight me
Old 04-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Agh FRA....why did you have to make me listen to that horrible version again!! :-)

She should be proud of her past work instead of messing it all up.
We will hear JEAM again but not the way its supposed to sound, unfortunately.
I didn't want to say any thing negative about this song, then I saw this post and it was so in line with how I felt, that I just had to comment. I relistened to the acoustic version and 1 line was all I could take. In my opinion, it's an absolutely horrible remake.

Even the live version of J'en ai marre didn't sound as near as good as the studio enhanced version, but seeing her dance to it, would have been worth the price of admission. It was a lot like Moi Lolita, which too didn't sound that good when sung live, but the way she performed them in concert, they were definitely fan favorites.

This thread kind of raises the questions of was there something to be learned by the fact that she had to cancel 2 concerts in Paris and if there was, did she learn anything?

She looks to be in beautiful shape now and if she decided to do some version of the JAM dance in concert, it would undoubtedly draw a huge crowd, but I don't think she needs it to be successful. I think she should concentrate on the songs that sounded best live, in their un-re-orchestrated version. We've debated before as to whether she has the rights to the original versions or not. If she doesn't have the rights, she needs to get them.

These are the songs that I thought sounded best live, and I would climb any mountain, swim any ocean to see them sung in their original version. Hey
Amigo, L'Alize, Lou ou Toi, Toc de mac, Amelie m'a dit, Youpidoo, L'e-mail a des ailes, A Contre Courant.

Like I said, she doesn't need to dance during her performances to have success, but she is so incredibly beautiful in the way she dances that it would be a mistake for her not to in any concert she might perform in. But they have to be orchestrated by someone who is good at it, i.e. MF. The lame efforts that were typical of the Psych era wont raise an eyebrow.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-27-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

In a Mexican interview that I saw the Mexican press asked Alizée about being the Lolita and JEAM. Alizée kept saying that, "I'm older now." In the context of the interview I got the distinct impression that she will never again suit up for the song or act the Lolita bit. Too bad.. but she is 25 years old and does have a family and after reading her original website in 2005, I don't think she really wanted to be a Lolita. She did what she was told so she could become famous. She then got married and Jeremy, no doubt, fucked it up for the rest of us by putting thoughts in her head. And "Voila!" Alizée is still here but only a mere shadow of her former fame and self.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Oh, good lordy.

A lot of the attitudes expressed above are simply a teenage boy's crush on a teenage girl he first encountered in performances recorded years ago by a girl who isn't a teenage girl any more.

She isn't being all matronly now FFS. She's just become a woman instead of a girl. She's seeking a different audience than she was in those days, and if you're a teenage boy who fell for her from those old performances, you're NOT part of the audience she is looking for now. Her music is complex, nuanced, interesting, and her appeal is that of a grown woman, not an ingenue. I find her not only musically more interesting but also much, much, MUCH sexier in the Les Collines video than in those old sailor-suit dances.

Guys, there are still hot teenage girl performers out there. It's just ridiculous for you to expect someone who was a teenage girl ten years ago to remain frozen in amber for you forever. If that's what you're looking for, move on; it still exists. And maybe you'll rediscover Alizée a few years from now when you're a grown-up, too.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

The sailor suit is gone and won't be coming back. I don't have an issue with that.
But i have to say that i think the 'new' rearranged versions of JEAM and the other old(ish) songs she has played sporadically live are awful.
Yes, she's moved on but that's no reason not to accept her past and to be proud of it?
JEAM is a fantastic song. What is there to be ashamed of? She dosen't have to do the patented figure waggle any more but why change the basic sound of it?
If (and it's a big IF) we ever get another live concert i really hope she sings it the way it's supposed to be. And why not?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
J'ai pas vingt ans

Jurre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Oh, good lordy.

A lot of the attitudes expressed above are simply a teenage boy's crush on a teenage girl he first encountered in performances recorded years ago by a girl who isn't a teenage girl any more.

She isn't being all matronly now FFS. She's just become a woman instead of a girl. She's seeking a different audience than she was in those days, and if you're a teenage boy who fell for her from those old performances, you're NOT part of the audience she is looking for now. Her music is complex, nuanced, interesting, and her appeal is that of a grown woman, not an ingenue. I find her not only musically more interesting but also much, much, MUCH sexier in the Les Collines video than in those old sailor-suit dances.

Guys, there are still hot teenage girl performers out there. It's just ridiculous for you to expect someone who was a teenage girl ten years ago to remain frozen in amber for you forever. If that's what you're looking for, move on; it still exists. And maybe you'll rediscover Alizée a few years from now when you're a grown-up, too.
Amen to that.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Her new music may be complex, nuanced, and interesting, but is it good? We can debate that all we want, but it's something that will ultimately be decided by the people of France.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Her new music may be complex, nuanced, and interesting, but is it good? We can debate that all we want, but it's something that will ultimately be decided by the people of France.
No. By the people of the whole world.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Tags
acoustic, alizee, jeam