Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Famous people have the problem that everyone wants a piece of them and there's not enough to go around. We want our idol to accept us as an integral part of the illusion we created in our heads, a situation the idol cannot possibly accommodate. Fans create a definition of their idol, and they demand that the idol live up to that definition. It's a definition created from very little information primarily based on the idol's stage persona.....
Very true.

Quote:
...and I believe with her attraction to lesbianism.....
No. I don't believe you are reading her correctly. She has always had a large gay following, and Mylene taught her to nurture that group. Also, she made it very clear (crystal clear) in the DALS videos that the 3-person dance is not ground she wished to cover. She had to be eased into it.

Quote:
Here, Tal and her are chiding the interviewer about the use of the wrong term. They kiddingly explain to her the real meaning of the term.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Very true.

Here, Tal and her are chiding the interviewer about the use of the wrong term. They kiddingly explain to her the real meaning of the term.
What is the term?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What is the term?
"touch each other"
Old 04-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Thanks Pep for the link and for the gallery

Radio 6 put up a bunch of HQ photos from the event, and Pep uploaded some Alizée ones here
http://www.radio6.fr/galeries_photos...es-photos.html

I'd post one here, but they're quite big.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Famous people have the problem that everyone wants a piece of them and there's not enough to go around. We want our idol to accept us as an integral part of the illusion we created in our heads, a situation the idol cannot possibly accommodate. Fans create a definition of their idol, and they demand that the idol live up to that definition. It's a definition created from very little information primarily based on the idol's stage persona. The idol then repeatedly violates those boundaries, discouraging their fans. We see Alizee violating the boundaries with the evolution of her personality as she grows older, her tattoos, and now the blond hair, and I believe with her attraction to lesbianism. The truth is, we really don't know who this thirty-year-old GIRL is. To us, she is a fantasy. Every time she violates that fantasy, we struggle to adjust our definition without surrendering the definition completely. When we can no longer bend our desired perception to our satisfaction, we walk away.
Very well said. I used to be kind of like the idolizing fan you described in the underlined text, but somewhere along the way, I grew up and ceased to be such... without giving up the whole magic of fandom.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)