Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Hope this doesn't turn to any political discussion.
Sometimes touching on politics is unavoidable in any kind of well-rounded discussion. We can't always separate "politics" from the world we live in and how it affects us. I appreciated Clever Cowboy's video.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Sometimes touching on politics is unavoidable in any kind of well-rounded discussion. We can't always separate "politics" from the world we live in and how it affects us. I appreciated Clever Cowboy's video.
This wasn't one of those times, and either way this isn't the place. One of the founding rules and guidelines for the forum is that there is to be no discussion of politics. The politics of Ukraine have very little if anything to do with Alizée performing there (something that has yet to be confirmed).

Otherwise, besides the fact that it is banned, why have there been no discussions on the politics of France, Poland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Mexico?

Edit -
*Oops, I forgot Israel. That's a politics biggie. ^
Anyway, the video isn't a huge problem, or it would have been deleted. MA cautioned from turning the discussion towards politics; it's just better to deal with it early before it becomes a problem because then everyone wants their say.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Otherwise, besides the fact that it is banned, why have there been no discussions on the politics of France, Poland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Mexico?
Well, actually it has. The independence movement in Corsica has been discussed. Different things pertaining to Paris and France, like the recent problem in Paris and Macron's plummeting in approval numbers. In chat not that long ago, a discussion was had that revolved around immigration into the U.S. and how good it was, and I believe you were part of that one. Immigration is about as big of a political hot button as you can get right now in the U.S.

The point being, those discussions came and went without any collateral. The Ukraine video was 8 years old, no issues they were fighting over were relevant today, and the point was nothing but showing a bunch of grown men acting like school boys meeting after school to punch each other in the nose... then probably go out for drinks afterward.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Well, actually it has. The independence movement in Corsica has been discussed. Different things pertaining to Paris and France, like the recent problem in Paris and Macron's plummeting in approval numbers. In chat not that long ago, a discussion was had that revolved around immigration into the U.S. and how good it was, and I believe you were part of that one. Immigration is about as big of a political hot button as you can get right now in the U.S.

The point being, those discussions came and went without any collateral. The Ukraine video was 8 years old, no issues they were fighting over were relevant today, and the point was nothing but showing a bunch of grown men acting like school boys meeting after school to punch each other in the nose... then probably go out for drinks afterward.
I don't recall the immigration discussion, could you please PM or VM me a link to it? (it's been a long semester)

Again, MA's post was a precaution, and the video isn't a problem. However, like I said before, the politics topic - raised first in Stephan's post - is unrelated, unnecessary, and against the rules. The discussions you mentioned probably shouldn't have taken place because of said rules, though they may have had more relevance in their respective threads. Nothing happened, so no worries. But that tends to be the exception rather than the rule when it comes to political discussions. That's why they are not (supposed to be?) permitted.

Also, schoolboys going out for drinks? Man, where did you grow up?
Old 12-20-2018, 05:23 AM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Anyway, she is back to giving concerts which is definitely good news. I think it even genuinely makes her happy which is even better news; she is enjoying being herself, Alizée that we know.

Guys, once you decide to invite her please create a fundraiser. I would gladly contribute even if I couldn't go, as I really want to see her performing again.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's a good idea. A kickstarter for Alizee fans to get her to tour again. Starting small, maybe a venue or two at first. Then see how it goes and visit other countries.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Anyway, she is back to giving concerts which is definitely good news. I think it even genuinely makes her happy which is even better news; she is enjoying being herself, Alizée that we know.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Great concert outfit!

One thing that is interesting is the drum set in the picture. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that she traveled with a band. Maybe some Kiev musicians learned her songs? Maybe that drum set is just there and had nothing to do with Alizee's concert?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:58 AM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Probably nothing, you can see on her brother's page there were other musicians as well, but frankly there is no information.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

For once in a long time, I think she wore an outfit while she's performing that accentuates her beauty, instead of hiding it.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:05 AM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
For once in a long time, I think she wore an outfit while she's performing that accentuates her beauty, instead of hiding it.
I super agree, she looks awe-so-me !