Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Yeah, when you see her dancing in the JEAM outfit, it grabs the attention right away and you want to learn more about her. At least, that was the case for me. If, say, the MJ music video or something recent was what i saw of Alizee first, i probably wouldn't be here. Not that there's anything wrong with her recent music or image, she just isn't quite as captivating.

Most of use got hooked to Alizee via her old videos and we're just riding the wave. Those who tune in to what she's doing now might not be interested and look back to the older stuff.
I still hate the image it generates for her though, no matter how attention grabbing it may be. I still say we wait for the new album/single and see what direction she wants to take it.

Être et durer.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don't want Alizée to have to do something she doesn't want to do in order to grab attention. At this point in her career, I think she'll be fine if she puts out really good music and really nails her performances. If her work is really good, it will grab some attention. Personally, I don't want to see a return to the "Lolita" days. It was fine when she was younger, but she has to find her place in the music world as a mature adult artist.

For me, the longer an artist is around, the more I expect professionalism and quality of work. There are things an artist can do though, to grab attention without selling out their principles.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:23 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

It just dawned on me.

I love Alizee's french songs.

I speak no french.

So theres at least one american who loves non english music.

I also love Rammstein. So theres an instance of an American loving non english music.

Popular?? who cares. The argument is "if its not english americans wont like it". IM saying thats rubbish.

why? rammstein is popular - americans like non english music.

theres a thread here somewhere citing many many many non english speaking musicians who have done well in the states.

Julio iglesias had a hit here which was not in english.

the bigger obstacle is licensing and the owners of the lable.

the other obstacle is alizee is not putting in the effort. she started as a dance/musician like her idols - madonna etc and she puts no no dance now. americans do expect a show. she just walks around the stage now. that might work. it works for jewel and morisette. she also gained weight. I dont think shes invested enough to carry it off.

but its not b/c she doesnt speak english
Old 09-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

how about we but a stall on the talking, and start the voting?!

i feel like im the only one listening to me(don't say anything barrett! )!
if we don't jump on it now, im worried that it'll become just like the apparently billion other attempts, and just fade away.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, I don't want Alizée to have to do something she doesn't want to do in order to grab attention. At this point in her career, I think she'll be fine if she puts out really good music and really nails her performances. If her work is really good, it will grab some attention. Personally, I don't want to see a return to the "Lolita" days. It was fine when she was younger, but she has to find her place in the music world as a mature adult artist.

For me, the longer an artist is around, the more I expect professionalism and quality of work. There are things an artist can do though, to grab attention without selling out their principles.
I agree with you (as usual).

However, I really think that her ability to dance was (and is) an additional plus - something that makes her stand out from the crowd.

And she loves to dance (or at least she used to).

Therefore, I hope she does include some in future performances. She is, after all, a performer, and to leave a major part of her gift on the sidelines is a shame. Also, I hope she uses backup dancers, as they worked for her before.

However, time will tell.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

We could wait 'till the end of the month and promote the new single (supposedly) coming out then...

Être et durer.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post
We could wait 'till the end of the month and promote the new single (supposedly) coming out then...
I'd wait until something new comes out for sure

Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post
till the end of the month?!

*sigh*

i guess thatd be logical, but still, can we at least please decide on the logo? we can mix the logo and the new album thingy together?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:44 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I agree with you (as usual).

However, I really think that her ability to dance was (and is) an additional plus - something that makes her stand out from the crowd.

And she loves to dance (or at least she used to).

Therefore, I hope she does include some in future performances. She is, after all, a performer, and to leave a major part of her gift on the sidelines is a shame. Also, I hope she uses backup dancers, as they worked for her before.

However, time will tell.

I fully agree with you Rev..... I strongly believe that Alizée needs to improve her performances, concert direction and organization, she has everything to make a +10 concert! We have seen it before its just making sure you have the proper crew and experienced people to guide Alizée on her concerts and performances. Having back backup dancers would increase her overall show alot, also in my opinion I miss the full complete band that made En concert hear really great, I mean her current band is good but why not add the rest of the musicians and chorists and I believe her concerts would be perfect. A good example is Madonna, look at her performances she gets the best crew and equipment and her concerts result excellent, but I have afeeling the next comcerts will be unforgettable and great!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Drummer Boy

Forrplay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
I fully agree with you Rev..... I strongly believe that Alizée needs to improve her performances, concert direction and organization, she has everything to make a +10 concert! We have seen it before its just making sure you have the proper crew and experienced people to guide Alizée on her concerts and performances. Having back backup dancers would increase her overall show alot, also in my opinion I miss the full complete band that made En concert hear really great, I mean her current band is good but why not add the rest of the musicians and chorists and I believe her concerts would be perfect. A good example is Madonna, look at her performances she gets the best crew and equipment and her concerts result excellent, but I have afeeling the next comcerts will be unforgettable and great!
^^ you pretty much took the words out of all of our mouths, I think it would be amazing if Alizée got her dream and got to perform a concert with Madonna, maybe like a surprise like all of the shows where she surprised all of her fans, but then again I think that would be too awesome and the world would probably explode

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour