Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default website news

hey everyone,

as you know i haven't been around a lot lately, work and the baby has been killing me. i don't have the time to maintain the server like i should / need to.

so what i am going to do is let my friend justchil (andy) host this site on his server. he is a system admin professionally so we will be in good hands. nothing is going to change, it is still my site, and eventually I plan to get back in the swing of things. moving the site to his server will take the work off of me, and he will be able to maintain the background stuff like it needs to be.

the site may be down for a very limited time somwhere between now and Jan 31 while we move everything over. the only other little change I am going to make is a way to integrate the stage6 videos in here, so mods can post / update the new videos. the quality is great and it will let you guys keep the site updated like it deserves to be.

like i said, nothing is changing. this move is best for the site. i have known Andy for 7 years, and I worked with him for 5 years before taking the job i have now. plus he live just down the road from me, so i can go down there and rough him up if i ever need to

just wanted to keep you updated, and i can't wait until i have more time to spend here with you guys!

ps. i may add a few more moderators to help add videos and stuff when the time comes, so if you are familiar with stage6 uploading and etc., post here.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Wink

Great news Brad, it's good to hear from you again, can't wait to see you around more often. Thanks for all your hard work keeping the site up.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Brad, for the further future, have you thought about having failsafe videos hosted on your server, just in case (1) The video is removed for whatever reason or (2) The user doesn't have DivX installed and isn't going to install it for a video of the "Aleezi" person that their friend told them to watch? There must be an easy way to do a check for the plugin; Shame on DivX if they haven't implemented such a thing.

I am familiar with Stage6 uploading, though my guess is that Jess will be your first choice for that
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Good to hear from you Brad, thanks so much for the update. Your doing a great job keeping up with all this and thank you.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-23-2008 at 12:21 AM..
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Brad, for the further future, have you thought about having failsafe videos hosted on your server, just in case (1) The video is removed for whatever reason or (2) The user doesn't have DivX installed and isn't going to install it for a video of the "Aleezi" person that their friend told them to watch? There must be an easy way to do a check for the plugin; Shame on DivX if they haven't implemented such a thing.

I am familiar with Stage6 uploading, though my guess is that Jess will be your first choice for that
well i will always have the flash videos on the site that are already on here, i was just trying to think of an easier way to get more videos on here if i don't have time to encode them.

a lot of people have divx now days, not nearly as many as flash .. but a lot.

none of this is set in stone, just some ideas.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:24 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

yeah same! well thanks for the update Brad and keep the site going ,..
Old 01-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

thank you very much for the information brad, but i am sad that you a quitting for a moment!
i think andy will make up this forum to a big extent! i congratulate andy for his promotion
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Level 5 Support

justchil is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your kind words! Most of you will notice little or no change... you won't even know I'm here. I will post up some general contact information so I can be contacted in the case of any problem!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchil View Post

Thanks for your kind words! Most of you will notice little or no change... you won't even know I'm here. I will post up some general contact information so I can be contacted in the case of any problem!
Thanks for all your support Andy
Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I don't know if you're EVER here.