Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

I just got done reading all of the recent posts, especially those from Scruffydog and co. All I can say is that this is literally unreal. Would anyone have ever thought that Alizée would welcome American fans to a private autographing session to sign 50+ CDs?

I can't wait for the TV coverage of this event. Well done, everyone.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Docdtv, you are the only user here, whose posts make me having to look over English dictionary. There are so many users here, but only you make troubles even that my level of understating written English is way ahead of my writting skills.

I said it already, but say it once more: I love your posts, as you seem to be very inteligent person, who have the knowledge on many fields, literature, history, economy and more. And you just know the world and the people. And I agree with you, but you are always saying what I would write if only my limited english command let me do this in reasonable time

What could I say about Scruffy visit. I highly doubt that a lot of people gained a chance to meet Alizée vis-á-vis for 30 minutes, only few had this honour and lucky Scruffy could place him among them. "At least" - to our consolation, but a pity for him, he doesn't know French. However AAm marked its presence in contemporary Alizée fanbase.
And... next time I'll be there also, I wish and believe in it.

Btw. Check the UEDS translations thread
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
<center><big><big>Digital Business Intelligence Today</big></big></center>

... EDITED FOR LENGTH

<center><big><big>Thanks to Our Founder, Brad</big></big></center>

Thank you for your vision, hard work and faith, Brad. As they say, chance favors those who are prepared!

<center><big><big>Thanks to Scruffy</big></big></center>

Needless to say, we wouldn't be talking about ANY of this had Scruffy not made the effort to go to Paris and tell us about his plans in advance! I am a bit surprised none of our European members expressed interest in showing the early initiative he did, especially with regard to aggregating disk orders, without which the private session could NEVER have taken place. But I suppose it was the best thing for the potential PR effect that an American national crossed the ocean to pay homage to Alizée's American-themed album in Paris.

There were even some tense moments ahead of time, because Scruffy didn't know if the US government could give him a new passport in time. I recall it only arrived about 11 March, a mere four days before I got the idea to write the Virgin Megastore. I am delighted with the success Scruffy has made of the trip, despite all the opportunities for mishap. He is truly our Neil Armstrong! The only thing that could make us happier is if the moon maiden and her crew found a way for Alizée America to fulfill the promise made in the Open Letter Chuck led us to create. Time will tell.
great post and in-depth look at everything! thanks, your post are great!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ummm...does anyone else think this is totally unreal??? Cuz I am still on Cloud 8(right below Scruffy)...I just can't believe it. I join the forum and 6 months later Alizée does a private session for Americans!!!AAAAAHHHH!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:08 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Yes, I try to point this out to everyone! What other singer sets up a private meeting with a handful of fans to sign 50 discs for fans in a country where her music is not even released? Who, I ask you? NO ONE, I SAY, NO ONE! How could anybody not respect that! That is pureness of heart, character, and no other celebrity has that! This is ahh... I get shivers just thinking about it! Let's all thank Alizée, for being (and this is where I disagree with the mystical deepwaters) the most amazingly voiced, talented, and perfectly charactered person on EARTH!
Not to be bursting bubbles but this was more or less set up by the higher ups not Alizee herself.

Most artists do signings after every show. Many actually mingle with the fans after their concerts. Now I do realize one does have to have concerts to do such but I don't see it happening at the few that do happen. Sorry that with all the infatuated time most of you spend here that you have not ever had the chance to witness what other artists actually do.

Regards,

Jung

Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well that's not me...I like SNSD too haha
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Sorry that with all the infatuated time most of you spend here that you have not ever had the chance to witness what other artists actually do.
Regards,
Jung
lol

your funny...

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not to be bursting bubbles but this was more or less set up by the higher ups not Alizee herself.

Most artists do signings after every show. Many actually mingle with the fans after their concerts. Now I do realize one does have to have concerts to do such but I don't see it happening at the few that do happen. Sorry that with all the infatuated time most of you spend here that you have not ever had the chance to witness what other artists actually do.

Regards,

Jung
Umm, you seem to have missed my point. Maybe Alizée doesn't do signings after every show, but that is not really relevent to my point. I was just stating that no matter who set it up (obviously it wasn't her), she still did it. My point is that this one act for fans she does not even need to aknowledge, due to the fact we make her so little money, was the most incredibly nice thing she could ever do. Beyond stars à domicile. Or any other type thing. We should mean absolutely nothing to her. France, typically, does not think very highly of America at all. But she let Scruffy meet her more privately than all but maybe two French fans. She could have said 'Why meet with the Americans? They aren't going to help the disc sell any better than maybe 200 copies more. And they were obsessing over my knees [lol you know who you are!] last month. They are a bunch of creepy obsessed pigs who need to do something constructive with their lives!' But she didn't. She took to the idea. She spent half an hour of her life thinking about us. Talking (through scruff and others present) to us. Signing copies just for us! Think of it as a compliment. We have (as brad pointed out) achieved a primary goal of this site: get Alizée and whatever her current label is to notice us, once and for all. Why can't people just be happy with that!? No, we don't know that there will ever be a concert, or even a mass release album here, but she knows we exist. She knows we are numerous. And she knows that some of us care. We're here! USA!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So? As you've pointed out a while ago with the potential TV showing incident, even if "higher up" had set it up, if she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

To steal something from the gay community: We're here, we're American, get used to it!