Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 PM

swagboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
EDIT: Just testing a video. >.>

You're killing me !

I don't see any problems here... youtube videos are displayed regardless of html, why would someone still want to include a video the old way?

Last edited by swagboy; 03-30-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Old 03-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Sorry, but keeping html enabled is always risky. In fact, of all forums that I visit, this was the only forum where html was still enabled.

Btw, I want to do something different than keeping it disabled completely on all forums. I mean the reason I kept it enabled because I trust members of this forum and I didn't see any problem in many years except for minor glitches. So, any suggestions for what could be done in this regard?
Yeah I understand that HTML can be abused, no need to be sorry.

What if HTML was enabled in the Off-Topic Section and the Alizée Media Section? That might be good. Like you said, all of the members here can be trusted, but in the unlikely event that someone wants to mess up the forum then it would only be possible in a few sections so it wouldn't disrupt the main discussion forums. I don't know if allowing HTML in a few sections would make the rest of the forums vulnerable though… I'm not an expert on all that.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but keeping html enabled is always risky. In fact, of all forums that I visit, this was the only forum where html was still enabled.

Btw, I want to do something different than keeping it disabled completely on all forums. I mean the reason I kept it enabled because I trust members of this forum and I didn't see any problem in many years except for minor glitches. So, any suggestions for what could be done in this regard?
enabling html is always dangerous and should always be disallowed. It's better to prevent than to cure. I'd just wait a few days and see if there are any good reasons to enable html again.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Ethical

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagboy View Post
I don't see any problems here... youtube videos are displayed regardless of html, why would someone still want to include a video the old way?

Edit:

enabling html is always dangerous and should always be disallowed. It's better to prevent than to cure. I'd just wait a few days and see if there's any good reasons to enable html again.
Sometimes a person wants to embed a video or a music player that isn't from YouTube. YouTube blocks a lot of stuff, some people choose to upload their personal content to Vimeo or wherever and you don't really want to re-upload other people's stuff to YouTube, whatever…
Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Just testing a video. >.>

You're killing me !

Quote:
Sometimes a person wants to embed a video or a music player that isn't from YouTube. YouTube blocks a lot of stuff, some people choose to upload their personal content to Vimeo or wherever and you don't really want to re-upload other people's stuff to YouTube, whatever…
I understand your problem. But, like most other forums, you could place a link to that video. I don't think I've seen many forums with support for other videos than youtube. I personally think that security outweighs this minor annoyance. But that's my opinion, and I'd like to know how other people feel about it.

Last edited by swagboy; 03-30-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think we can have similar way of posting videos from all major video sharing sites.

Another option is to enable restrict html for members on the basis of number of posts. For ex - members with 500+ would be able to use it or something like that.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Yes! Restrict html 400 posts would be ideal but please put it back

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Ethical

Quote:
I think we can have similar way of posting videos from all major video sharing sites.

Another option is to enable restrict html for members on the basis of number of posts. For ex - members with 500+ would be able to use it or something like that.
I think these are both good ideas that could be implemented together. Even if you allow HTML for users with sufficient posts, it would still be good to have video support for users with low post counts.