Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 10:10 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

It's about 7 years and 5 months for me. And I also wasn't much impressed the first time I saw Alizée either, but actually it was a bit different with me. One morning I was listening to the radio and among several songs one of the songs caught my attention who knows for what reason, it was Ella, Elle L'a by France Gall, and idea came to mind, to search some info about that song on the internet. In google search results I saw several web pages in French on that song, and despite I don't know French I just took a look at those few. And on one of those pages there was a video, it was when Alizée was on TV performed Ella, Elle L'a

... I clicked on the video just out of curiosity to see what it was. I was watching that video and I can't say that I was literally impressed, but it was different, she rather caught my attention, intrigued me, fascinated me. I just wanted to know: Who is she?
Then it all came little by little about her. But what I was really impressed with a lot is that I've seen many fans were on youtube uploaded a fan videos about her. There were so many Alizée fan videos. I simply couldn't understand why are there so many of them, what inspired so many people to create a fan video dedicated to her and to upload it. I've never seen anything like this, such a commitment to one person with whom people were inspired. So at first it was you people who were fans of Alizée who have impressed me. And then I wanted to explore what is so inspiring in that person that all those fans see in her, and then I gradually realized that through all those videos, interviews, songs and pictures, and a forum.

And yeah, that something, that special thing people describe as "it found one jaw hitting the floor performance after another" (Scruffy), or like "the charms of the French angel and turned our lives around drastically" (Ajaccio), or "the magic" (Ray), etc.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:42 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I know Alizée will be with me for life as I'm sure she will be for many others.. but nonetheless I still can't believe it will be fifteen years for me this year since I discovered her charms as it seems like yesterday.

You've told us about your meeting in Ajaccio, maybe you can tell us about the years leading up to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
It's about 7 years and 5 months for me. And I also wasn't much impressed the first time I saw Alizée either, but actually it was a bit different with me. One morning I was listening to the radio and among several songs one of the songs caught my attention who knows for what reason, it was Ella, Elle L'a by France Gall, and idea came to mind, to search some info about that song on the internet. In google search results I saw several web pages in French on that song, and despite I don't know French I just took a look at those few. And on one of those pages there was a video, it was when Alizée was on TV performed Ella, Elle L'a

... I clicked on the video just out of curiosity to see what it was. I was watching that video and I can't say that I was literally impressed, but it was different, she rather caught my attention, intrigued me, fascinated me. I just wanted to know: Who is she?
Then it all came little by little about her. But what I was really impressed with a lot is that I've seen many fans were on youtube uploaded a fan videos about her. There were so many Alizée fan videos. I simply couldn't understand why are there so many of them, what inspired so many people to create a fan video dedicated to her and to upload it. I've never seen anything like this, such a commitment to one person with whom people were inspired. So at first it was you people who were fans of Alizée who have impressed me. And then I wanted to explore what is so inspiring in that person that all those fans see in her, and then I gradually realized that through all those videos, interviews, songs and pictures, and a forum.

And yeah, that something, that special thing people describe as "it found one jaw hitting the floor performance after another" (Scruffy), or like "the charms of the French angel and turned our lives around drastically" (Ajaccio), or "the magic" (Ray), etc.
It's a definite Je ne sais qoui moment with her.....one moment after another and true to this day!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:23 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's a definite Je ne sais qoui moment with her.....one moment after another and true to this day!

Yeah it's "a quality that cannot be described or named easily", or shall we just say it's a French charm, or a Corsican charm, or just Alizée charm?
The last seems to be the most appropriate.

Now, when we are talking about the charm word, a dictionary gives some funny definitions of that word, I mean it's funny if you apply it to Alizée:
- the power or quality of giving delight or arousing admiration
- delight greatly
- an object, act, or saying believed to have magic power --> spell, sorcery
Old 07-19-2016, 11:35 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I think that Deepwaters would agree with me that all three most definitely apply.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You've told us about your meeting in Ajaccio, maybe you can tell us about the years leading up to that?
Those early years were pure Alizée magic! Well as I have stated here on this forum and elsewhere numerous times, she brightened up my up my life in many ways back then. Moreover her beauty was like nothing I had ever seen before and yes she does have that "Je ne sais qoui", that something very special and very beautiful within her.. she shines and it's another wonderful part of her charm for sure.

I was always a sucker for her cuteness, and that along with her sweetness, her sexiness, her exuberance, her elegance and charm on stage etc, aswell as the way she carried herself in general is what made her even more captivating and irresistible to me. I fell in love with her voice, her music and her language as everything about her was like a breath of fresh air. I went to one of her first ever concerts at the Olympia and the last one of her tour in 2004 at Le Zénith and they were some of the most joyful experiences of my life.

I think for the most part she brings out the best in people though and well if more people were like her this world would be a much better place. She is one of a kind.. the only person I have more love for is my wonderful mother.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Fan since 2008

MelleValetta is on a distinguished road

I'm about to turn 9 years as her fan... She was my first idol and and she still occupies a important place in my heart.