Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up # 1 Podcast, Eva.

Like Alizee says, "Wow!" This is the best podcast in my biased opinion. They're all good really. Great addition of the Sound of Silence, Ciara. It was a bit of a tear jerker hearing it again.

S42, sorry my notes were a bit light. I must say you have things down to the "T." It must be that new job you got. Anyway, next time, I'll be sure to be more complete and detailed. That would mean I'd have to go to Europe.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ron! Your notes really were useful. I had them open the whole time while talking about the concert, to help keep me on track. Wish I could have been with ya at the other two shows.

Last edited by Ben; 06-28-2008 at 09:50 PM..
Old 06-29-2008, 12:44 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

awesome show guys, thanks Ciara and Snatcher!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Tical 808

Ahh I want to go to a concert so bad now , Snatcher's description made it sound awesome. Another very nice podcast by the way.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

awesome show. thanks for the story snatcher, it was great! and thanks ciara of course.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 AM

fatman is on a distinguished road

can you download these?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Tical 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman View Post
can you download these?
Yup, if you have an Ipod and Itunes you can. Other than that though I'm not sure.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Thanks
Since I write too long and I don't want this section of my comment ignored, I'm putting it first:
I must thank lowbeam and his Aldo (not to be confused with Greg's Aldo) for the new special issue CD's they gave several of us; Greg for really cool Alizée luggage tags and a great story about meeting Alizée's friend Soko and his Aldo for taking over helping us with Spanish when Miguel, who did a great job of that, was gone; and especially AC Mix who lent his Banamex card that got several of us as close as we got to Alizée. We've had a number of difficulties, still not all resolved, with getting tickets for each show, but I got in and got to both see Alizée up close and touch her. That made for the "ultimate concert experience" as Snatcher42 might call it, or at least close enough.

Oh yes, the vendors! In Mexico City it was really a great thing to see, well except for the pirated copies of Alizée's music. I'd much rather see everyone actually buying a legitimate copy of her music than anything else as would she I'm sure. She did the work. She should get paid. Anyway, I tried to get down to the vendors right after the concert the second night and was literally squeezing in between people just all jammed together trying to get a look at the stuff. I had to give up after a short time because it was so hard to even move. Man I wish I still had access to all the Alizée mania that existed down there. In fact, one can not even get access to that kind of merchandise here in the States maybe even regardless of money.

Guadalajara really was great as far as being close to Alizée and actually her singing. I really hope they were recording that too. It wasn't very different, but enough for me to notice and say that her performance was exceptional.

You just need a computer and iTunes to download the podcast. There is another program which can download supposedly, mentioned here somewhere, but it didn't work for me.

Oh, and as RCS keeps bringing up, that was the cutest wow ever. So, you got to hear it kind of a couple times in that Sound of Silence clip. Maybe it'll be even better on the DVD, but thinking of it just puts a smile on my face. That's what I just want to hold in mind forever is the cuter than a button Alizée. Even now as an adult, there's an example of her adorable cuteness still in force. We really had a great time hearing that the first few times especially.

Oh yeah, where's my photo with the "arliquines" (clowns to the rest of you)?

Wow, Ben, I wish I had done a coverage of the trip like you did. Those detailed walk-through descriptions really mak it great for those who weren't there and nice to remember stuff for the rest of us too. Well, I saw 5 shows. You'd think I'd remember better, but I guess I mostly just really enjoyed the whole thing every time.

ha ha, Elaine's (sp) dance. Well, Alizée did at times do a bit of jerky movement. Kinda funny, but yes, not really like Elaine.

By the way, does anyone actually have any clue how to call in? I'll have to do a little search for that.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-03-2008, 01:51 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Awesome episode! Hey I did send you my shout-out... albeit a day late.
I'll look into the iTunes subscription thingy and if it'll play nicely with Vista.

Thanks Snatcher for the vivid details. I remember each one. Ahhhh, sweet memories.
It was a pleasure to meet you all, and thanks rcs for your detailed notes! We have to do it again.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Another awesome podcast Ciara. So...uhm when can we expect the next one?