Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
Amen. How could anyone want to be part of American show business?
LOL, I'm sure Alizée could explain to you exactly why one would not want to be a part of American show business .
Old 03-14-2009, 03:07 AM

KC Kcrooner is on a distinguished road

HI KC here, hats off to the gent who saw the Beatles live, let me share my story. My 14 year old sister, who passed in 67, fell in love with Paul, so I witnessed what music can do to a heart at the early age of 5 years. We had a big party with all the local family and friends and watched them on TV on I believe their second vist to Mr Sullivan. Becky gave me a baseball card of Ringo and she was so excited to see the fab four land in America. This was my earliest and most treasured life memory of my sister.
I have loved music ever since and when my mother passed last month we had a playlist of 3 songs to play at the funeral, Let it Be, Yesterday and Long and Winding Road.
Not trying to have a pity party here but I discovered Alizee very recently and her music is helping me deal with things right now, She is blessed, loved and treasured.........
Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, why would Alizée want to be involved with the American music industry when the French music industry is working so well for her right now...

All kidding aside, (and I know I'm repeating myself again) but the music industry of the world is dominated by multinational corporations and I think there is less of a difference from country to country than people may think. I'm sure she feels safer and more comfortable in her own country (I know I would). But her career has been kept alive this last time around by the international music industry, namely Mexico. It's not something she can afford to be afraid of and ignore. Her continued success may indeed lie in the international realm. If she had been afraid of taking part in the Mexican music industry and decided not to go there, where would her career be now?

I would love nothing more than to see her successful in France again. But I think if an opportunity presents itself in the USA, she should at least consider it and not turn it down merely out of fear, (real or imagined).
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Customer1 is on a distinguished road

I think if she can make it big in the US, but she is going to have to feature an artist that is popular like Justin Timberlake or Timberland. They helped Nelly Furtado awhile back and look at her now people know who she is.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
I think if she can make it big in the US, but she is going to have to feature an artist that is popular like Justin Timberlake or Timberland. They helped Nelly Furtado awhile back and look at her now people know who she is.
i think your right Customer1, she even said that ahe likes the music that Justin is making and she said she would love to work with him. i think he could bring her look to the hearts of All us here in the States. Like lefty said, if oppertunity opens to her here in the States I think she should jump with both her feet. (My opinion anyway).
Old 03-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I don't want to see Alizee being "huge" (Like Britney or Madonna huge) here in the US. I want her to just be somewhat successful and give us a few concerts for each new album she makes. Honestly its only a matter of time before the American media gets a hold of Alizee, the clock is ticking even though it was unfortunately rewound due to the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and the french boycott following shortly after.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

problem is likely licensing.
theres rca france and rca usa. I dont think they cross lines. which is why we have never heard of Alizee but for the internet. i sent messages and even a letter to rca usa asking them to sponser her. i asked that she be invited to lollapalooza in Chicago. theres many varied acts there. it would have been perfect.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote from KC Kcrooner from Alizée in Aguascalientes, Mexico thread(http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...?t=4575&page=7):
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Kcrooner View Post
The Question begs to be asked," How did she get so big in Mexico to begin with?" The saying goes that history repeats itself, just sometimes you have to go back to find the answer. Whether or not she is already known is not the point, we need to make her known.......we know her audience is waiting.
The town I live in is fairly small but no retailers carry Alizee cds, this would be the first effort, to establish a need from retailers to stock her cds. Anyone up for flooding some email inboxes? Refer to rule #2 above
Quote from jung_adore_ALIZEE from Alizée in Aguascalientes, Mexico thread (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...?t=4575&page=7):
Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
^also try a in person visit to the store and give the manager or anyone I guess a CD or hers to listen to chances are that they will take it and play it for people that they think would be interested in buying the album

local record stores are usually pretty open to their customers bringing them new music
Personally, what I did (and do) to guarantee that our best local record/CD store carries Gourmandises, Mes Courants Électriques... and most importantly Psychédélices is that I specifically ordered all three CD's from the store and paid in full. (Yes, it is pricey!) Then each time that there is an event where I need to pick up a gift for someone(birthdays, Christmas, etc.), if it is even half way appropriate, I buy/order more CD's.

Now they usually keep all three in stock. I'm probably going to do the same thing with regards to the En Concert DVD.

To further try to drive demand I've shown some of Lilly's work on access TV as well as play her music in mon Taxi. People love it!

My favorite question (which is also music to my ears) that I constantly receive is "Who (and/or what) is that?" I'm more than delighted to let 'em know!

(BONUS!! Unexpected side-effect! I've always been blessed with great customers that have generously tipped. Little Lilly even boosted my tips! How awesome is that?)

Last edited by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..; 03-19-2009 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Improve formatting
Old 03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post
Personally, what I did (and do) to guarantee that our best local record/CD store carries Gourmandises, Mes Courants Électriques... and most importantly Psychédélices is that I specifically ordered all three CD's from the store and paid in full. (Yes, it is pricey!) Then each time that there is an event where I need to pick up a gift for someone(birthdays, Christmas, etc.), if it is even half way appropriate, I buy/order more CD's.

Now they usually keep all three in stock. I'm probably going to do the same thing with regards to the En Concert DVD.

To further try to drive demand I've shown some of Lilly's work on access TV as well as play her music in mon Taxi. People love it!

My favorite question (which is also music to my ears) that I constantly receive is "Who (and/or what) is that?" I'm more than delighted to let 'em know!

(BONUS!! Unexpected side-effect! I've always been blessed with great customers that have generously tipped. Little Lilly even boosted my tips! How awesome is that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

I'm always introducing new people to Alizée. At my high school in my french class, as a part of the whole, "learning about French culture today" thing, I got everybody to sing to Mademoiselle Juliette. I think I got about half my class to like her stuff. We just need to move on to Moi Lolita and or J'en ai Marre, which are two songs that I suggested. Anybody who knows me knows Alizée, and I'm always encouraging them to check her music out.
Great works guys! It's been said a million times, but I think another mention is in order: Alizée fans are the best in the world . I like how each of us has our own little way of promoting Alizée. Here's my way: back in the early stages of my Lili craze, I drew several pictures of her with pencil. A poster with these seven pictures has hung in my room for five months now and anytime somebody comes to my house, they're pretty much guaranteed to see it (if they don't come into my room on their own, my parents insist upon their seeing my artwork. Embarrassing at times, but hey...). I know it doesn't do much to promote her music per se, but at least it piques the curiosity and a quick youtube search can do the rest .
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Mason City Iowa, been writing letters to the radio stations myself, hoping for the best..

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour