Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Till the next Friday.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:14 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Barcelona advance!

Napoli was a good adversary though, we'll see you again sometime

Why do we always sleep in the first half?
At least Messi is a spectacle even when he is your opponent

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-08-2020 at 06:17 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 12:49 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post

Why do we always sleep in the first half?
At least Messi is a spectacle even when he is your opponent
To be honest though, there was always a good chance that this could turn out the same way as Roma or Liverpool. I was worried. I started watching the game after the second goal so I was relieved but the chance was still there. And we fell asleep in the second half for sure. Overall the last two days were a surprise for the tournament. I didn't expect Real and Cristiano to be eliminated on the same day, and with our form this season, we could have lost this one too. We'll see what happens with Bayern
Old 08-09-2020, 04:09 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To be honest though, there was always a good chance that this could turn out the same way as Roma or Liverpool. I was worried. I started watching the game after the second goal so I was relieved but the chance was still there. And we fell asleep in the second half for sure. Overall the last two days were a surprise for the tournament. I didn't expect Real and Cristiano to be eliminated on the same day, and with our form this season, we could have lost this one too. We'll see what happens with Bayern
Yeah, I also thought that there was a little chance of beating Barca, but the first half was too bad. The first 10 minutes we actually played very well and hit a goalpost, but then Barcelona scored and the players started to feel nervous and scared.
The first goal should have been checked by the referee on VAR because it doesn't seem very regular lol. This might have changed the match... But we got to the round of 16, so it's still a good result. Next time I would like something like Lione or Valencia lol.
By the way, do you know what happened the last (and only XD) 2 times that a team won against Napoli in the round of 16? You should ask Zidane and Di Matteo eh eh.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:01 PM
Against The Current

Wow. No words. Painful, painful loss.

Simply, football.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:15 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow. No words. Painful, painful loss.

Simply, football.
Brutal

It was quite an open ended game in the first 20 or so minutes as well, Barcelona had their chances, but once Bayern got ahead it just became an avalanche.

Entertaining as a neutral I must admit but I do feel for Barcelona, would've liked them to go through. Maybe now people will forget about Arsenal's 8-2 loss at Old Trafford
Old 08-16-2020, 01:02 AM

Default French teams doing well

Following PSG's late comeback against Atalanta earlier in the week and Lyon's shock win over Manchester City in the final game of the quarter-finals, there are now 2 teams from France in the semi-finals of the Champions League for the first time in the competitions history!

PSG (Paris Saint germain) will play RB Leipzig in the first Semi-Final on Tuesday, followed by Lyon vs Bayern Munich on Wednesday.
Going by which teams are the best on paper, the most likely final would be PSG vs Bayern Munich, each the champions of their respective domestic leagues in France and Germany. However the Champions League always provides some shock results, and especially now that the knockout ties are over 1 game instead of 2 legs, upsets are all the more feasible, we could even see an all French final

The Champions League has only been won once by a French club, Marseille in 1993. It would be great to see a French team win it this time around as it would be massive for French football for a number of reasons, let's see what happens...

Old 08-19-2020, 09:46 PM
Against The Current

The final is set! Bayern vs PSG.

It'll be interesting, but Bayern is going to win it, almost for sure. I like both teams, and PSG's players and fans deserve a Champions League trophy (even if the management and organization don't) but I think Bayern is the stronger team by far.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
The final is set! Bayern vs PSG.

It'll be interesting, but Bayern is going to win it, almost for sure. I like both teams, and PSG's players and fans deserve a Champions League trophy (even if the management and organization don't) but I think Bayern is the stronger team by far.
Agreed. Bayern are so strong all over the park, in terms of their dominance and athleticism they're one of the best teams in modern times, any weakness shown from the other team and it will be exploited.

That said, PSG have some real ballers. Neymar's dribbling has been a joy to watch, Veratti and Di Maria looking on great form. I'd be surprised if either team fails to score.

Personally I'm hoping for a PSG win, but my bet's on Bayern. I'm predicting a 3-1 win to Bayern Munich, with Lewandowski, Gnabry and Kimmich scoring for Bayern, and Di Maria getting the one for Paris.

Hopefully before anything else it's at least an exciting game to make up for the lack of fans at the ground.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:31 AM

Looks like Johan may be supporting Bayern for the game tonight