Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Don't be ashamed mavsluver41, a lot of english speaking people did not know this either, as it's obviously reflected by many posts on many forums. I too did not know of this since I don't follow Britney's music, or cared to listen to the song Alizée linked once I learned who sang it. No disrespect to her fans, it's just not my taste...
Hahah I agree with you 100 percent, its just I don't think I would've said it as politely as you put it.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hmph look how everyone's afraid of me now, don't know if I like it! Don't worry, mavsluver, that was directed at Mr. Simon too.

Anyway, not to continue the debate too much, but as I mentioned Alizée has said she's a Britney fan, so I imagine she's seen the video, perhaps even followed the controversy, and and is well aware what the song means. Though I'm also sure it's far less controversial in France, where tracks like Moi Lolita climb the charts.
If you means by that , we are open minded, well...remember
1/ Lolita was controversial when it hit the charts in France
2/ Most of French people do not react to the lyrics of the Britney' song cause they simply don't undersand it...

Last edited by Bigdan; 05-29-2009 at 06:51 AM..
Old 05-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

How about we try this out for size? Maybe, just maybe, Alizee twittered that she liked this remix because she likes the technical aspects, and the blending of the 2 songs from a musicality standpoint.

She may very well be aware of the controversy attached to the song, but could give a rats rear end. She just appreciates the art of the mix. She is after all, as we have seen, very involved in mixing her new album.

Maybe we are not given her enough credit here.

Just a thought

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I actually dreamt Alizée posted several new posts on twitter, to my disappointment it wasn't real. Is this a sign of addiction?

<3
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

yes it is.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
How about we try this out for size? Maybe, just maybe, Alizee twittered that she liked this remix because she likes the technical aspects, and the blending of the 2 songs from a musicality standpoint.

She may very well be aware of the controversy attached to the song, but could give a rats rear end. She just appreciates the art of the mix. She is after all, as we have seen, very involved in mixing her new album.

Maybe we are not given her enough credit here.

Just a thought

-B
Sort of what I thought too. Since she seems to be a fan of Britney, Alizée may have just liked hearing Britney's voice mixed with her own music. Regardless of how one feels about Britney, she is still huge in the business.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
Really ? It's catchy and all, but that is a ridiculously trashy song: I wonder if Alizée realizes what it means .

hahaha, thats like exactly what i do when i listen to Alizee's music! though of course, her songs aren't what you'd classify as trashy. by that i mean, i first listen and like her songs cuz i find them catchy and intresting, and once i like them more, i then try to go and figure out what they mean.

like right now, im totally digging decollege and a quoi rêve une jeune fille.. but have yet to figure out what they mean.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
like right now, im totally digging decollege and a quoi rêve une jeune fille.. but have yet to figure out what they mean.

If you succees I would be glad to read your reflections, Wasabi !

This might help ya:

http://alizee-reflections.net/
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I went to YouTube to watch Britney's song once. I wasn't really paying all that close attention, but either way, I couldn't make out from listening to it what it was about. Honestly, many times people don't pay much attention to what is being said in a song, especially young people I think. I'm pretty sure that I have listened to songs that were many years old that I had heard many times over the years and only after all that time actually paid enough attention to get what it was saying.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I went to YouTube to watch Britney's song once. I wasn't really paying all that close attention, but either way, I couldn't make out from listening to it what it was about.
Really? 'Cause I just watched it for the first time myself, and I found it pretty hard to miss...

"All the boys and all the girls are (dying? begging?) to If You Seek Amy..."

"If You Seek Amy tonight, we'll do whatever you like..."

Ain't a whole lot of room for interpretation there, methinks.

Anyway, though I'm not crazy about Britney or the original song myself, it's a surprisingly cool remix that works remarkably well without any apparent alteration to either the vocals or the music. I can see why she'd dig it.

Quote:
Honestly, many times people don't pay much attention to what is being said in a song, especially young people I think. I'm pretty sure that I have listened to songs that were many years old that I had heard many times over the years and only after all that time actually paid enough attention to get what it was saying.
Hmm. In that case, "Turning Japanese" probably isn't about what you think it's about...

Tags
twitter