Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-10-2008, 03:12 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Hmmm....
Im Not Twenty and Lily Town are the closest we can get to decent english songs, and even those will only ruffle half a feather on the bald eagle.
Best bet would be to bring out very good translations of her hits, and then maybe they can actually attack the radio stations with it. Another possibility would be a surprise concert in a major city (yeah right, like any french director would agree with that idea on foreign soil where nobody has ever heard of you). Last idea would seem like a more reasonable one, Lily can go onto a popular TVshow and get interviewed or sing a song or two, like American Idol or sumthin
Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Intercept Satellite TV and Cable TV, and air Alizée's "La Isla Bonita" cover.

That'll get America just what it needs to order Alizée to come to the US.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:46 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical 808 View Post
If she does come to Hawaii and some of you guys come, I can be the tour guid and translator
Might have to take you up on that brudda.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
If Alizée sets foot on U.S. soil to do a concert, best bet is that she'll be in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or maybe Guam. These are the only places in "the U.S." that she has any substantial fanbase - everywhere else, all she could get to go to her shows would be US, which wouldn't even close to fill up a mid-size hall.

And don't hold your breath waiting for "regular" U.S. radio to play any Alizée songs - broadcasters of the size that could make the difference wouldn't play ANYTHING whose lyrics aren't in English.
She has more fans in New York and Los Angles than she does in Guam, Puerto Rico and Hawaii combined. There's more chance of her getting a full house here in NYC or LA than anywhere else. Last I check NYC and LA have the biggest US fan base, so I dont understand where your pulling in these US Providences from and thinking she would get more fans there? If she goes to the US, it will definitely be on the mainland. Im honestly willing to bet New York, as soon as I saw that 50 sixty video I took that as a hint, in fact I even made a topic on it, let me find it.................

edit http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3661
there

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 05-10-2008 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-10-2008, 02:25 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
She has more fans in New York and Los Angles than she does in Guam, Puerto Rico and Hawaii combined. There's more chance of her getting a full house here in NYC or LA than anywhere else. Last I check NYC and LA have the biggest US fan base, so I dont understand where your pulling in these US Providences from and thinking she would get more fans there? If she goes to the US, it will definitely be on the mainland. Im honestly willing to bet New York, as soon as I saw that 50 sixty video I took that as a hint, in fact I even made a topic on it, let me find it.................edit http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3661there
Gives me good reason to visit New York. Sadly enough, I've never been there. Would you be willing to be my traveling tour guide Ace? If she shows up in NY, I'd like to arrive early to see the sites. Hmmm....traveling within my own country for once, great concept, I like.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Mr. Mike

^ Sure why not! It would be fun to show people around!

Old 05-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Default They already have...

http://www.yes.com/#Alizee
Old 05-10-2008, 04:20 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I would LOVE to go to NYC again. "Take me back to Manhatten. Take me back to the crowd. I'm just longing to see once more, my little home on the hundreth floor!"
Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She has more fans in New York and Los Angles than she does in Guam, Puerto Rico and Hawaii combined.
Now that I think about it, you're likely right on that one point. An L.A. show might be able to draw a few hundred to maybe a couple of thousand, if for no other reason than the proximity to Mexico. I'll concede your point for almost any location in southern California, and most medium to large cities in the southwest, like Phoenix, El Paso, etc. Texas has a few smaller cities that could support one of her shows in a mid-size arena or concert venue.

Quote:
There's more chance of her getting a full house here in NYC or LA than anywhere else. Last I check NYC and LA have the biggest US fan base,
As I've already said, I have to concede L.A. as a definitely good possibility. New York is a completely different story.

As far as New York goes - or any major East Coast city, for that matter - there isn't a snowball's chance she could sell out a venue large enough to accommodate the size of show she would want to put on for large fan bases in Mexico, Europe and Russia. An arena on the East Coast - New York or any metropolis east of the Mississippi River - big enough for the show wouldn't come anywhere near selling out.

Without major radio airplay and some substantial retail history here in the U.S., her commercial position here would be worse than an emerging new domestic artist. She's not even a blip on any domestic music sales tracking chart - domestic product and other highly-financed British imports (read: English lyrics to songs) are the only music U.S. corporate-run radio wants to play, and the only musicians domestic record labels will support.

If you totaled up every mainland U.S. Alizée fan who would be willing to travel to a concert some distance from their home, you'd still have an almost immeasurably small percentage of the music-listening public. If you could find a way to magically transport every Alizée fan in the mainland U.S. to one large arena or concert venue located somewhere on the East Coast, maybe - and that's a huge long-shot MAYBE - you sell some seats for one concert. Barring that magical transporter device, there isn't an adequately sized venue on the East Coast that would even sell through to as much as 1/3 or, at best, 1/2 capacity. That means the people who finance the tour would likely be taking a loss on that show, and that's not good business.

Quote:
Im honestly willing to bet New York,
Then that's a bet I'm dead certain you would lose.

If you want to carry on the pipe dream of some big New York or Chicago or even Dallas concert extravaganza, well then, you've got every right to dream. Personally, when I dream like that, I'm winning a $100,000,000 lottery or spending an all-expenses paid week with a dozen Playboy centerfold models at some luxurious island resort. You dream your dreams and I'll dream mine ... both have about the same odds of coming true.

Last edited by The Cap; 05-10-2008 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Mr. Mike

See you dont understand what im trying to say. Just because its in the Big Apple doesn't mean it has to be a big concert. There is something called the suburbs or the tri-state area. She could do a concert in the outskirts of NYC maybe 20 miles away or something like that ( Like in Jersey, which also has a huge Lily fan base) and still have that small venue you are talking about with the advantage of being near lots of her fans. Like for example a perfect place for her to do a concert, is in Staten Island (lowest population of the 5 boroughs in NYC) She can do it at Richmond County Bank Ballpark (where the Staten Island Yankees play) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmon..._Bank_Ballpark Trust me, its very cheap to hold an event there, this is where my high school graduation is going to be held this June. Now this is just and example but you see where im getting at now?

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 05-10-2008 at 07:28 PM..