Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-25-2019, 07:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Julia has a new video out for her song Passe... comme tu sais.

It's not bad, but not great.

She has something right above her top lip she hasn't had before. It looks like a cold sore

Old 10-25-2019, 08:54 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Julia is more beautiful than ever and the recording is lovely, but it will never make the top of the charts. There is nothing unique about it. Nothing that grabs you.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I don't want this to come out wrong like I am being critical of Julia, but she hasn't developed the personality to be in the entertainment industry. She might never develop it. Looks can only take you so far. Girls her age might look at Julia as the girl who steals their boyfriends. Julia's life looks privileged based on her IG photos and she is a little shy, so it might send the signal that she is the snobby rich girl. Who knows? Maybe things can turn around for her.

A woman doesn't have to be beautiful or have a great personality to make the big time in the music industry, but she has to have something that stands out. Celine Dion has an awkward personality and, let's face it, she's not an outstanding beauty, but she has an amazing voice and terrific manager, and great music from the start of her career. Lady Gaga is not beautiful but she has incredible creative talents. Madonna had tremendous drive and intelligence. There's no denying that Alizee is beautiful, but the industry is full of beautiful women. So what makes Alizee great? Alizee had the good fortune to be born Alizee. Alizee is what makes Alizee great. I know Alizee must have worked hard as a teenager to develop her singing and dancing skills, but that alone isn't what made her. There are millions of girls all over the world working hard to make it in the entertainment industry and they will never make it to first base. Alizee was born into a beautiful family and made great by her parents from the day of her birth.

Last edited by Shepherd; 10-25-2019 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-26-2019, 08:53 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I just looked through some charts, top 100 this, top 200 that, charts that included French singers and I see no sign of Julia. If she is going to do well, her career is off to a much slower start than Alizee's. Maybe they have a sleeper song or two in what ever songs they planned for an album...…..maybe not. But as they say at election time for some candidates....."The early returns don't look good." She needs to win Florida and Pennsylvania...….just kidding.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:46 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Julia has a new video out for her song Passe... comme tu sais.
A few years ago Julia was hiding behind a tree from Alizée:

https://youtu.be/pvh-ieuM8yg?t=111

Now that Alizée's gone, Julia got up the courage to go out onto that glade:

https://youtu.be/cIHeCUog61E?t=44
Old 10-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee is what makes Alizee great.
This sums it up quite nicely.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
A few years ago Julia was hiding behind a tree from Alizée:

https://youtu.be/pvh-ieuM8yg?t=111
You ALMOST got me here!

I do want to bring up a young female French singer that is doing quite well, and that is Louane. We have talked about her before on this forum. She is a beautiful young lady, and though not quite up to the caliber in that department as Alizee or even Julia, she exhibits girl next door qualities. In her video Avenir, she has this love/hate thing going with her boyfriend, similar to what is going on in the Julia video. Louane comes across as believable and full of personality, something that Julia fails to do.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-28-2019 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-29-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I do want to bring up a young female French singer that is doing quite well, and that is Louane.
Does the name Vendredi sur Mer mean anything to you?
Old 10-29-2019, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It does now. I looked the name up and watched a few videos. Not really my style.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I do want to bring up a young female French singer that is doing quite well, and that is Louane. We have talked about her before on this forum. She is a beautiful young lady, and though not quite up to the caliber in that department as Alizee or even Julia, she exhibits girl next door qualities. In her video Avenir, she has this love/hate thing going with her boyfriend, similar to what is going on in the Julia video. Louane comes across as believable and full of personality, something that Julia fails to do.

Quote:
I really enjoy Louane's music and I like what I've discovered about her as a person, which to date isn't a whole lot. I like 2 of her other songs. I have a feeling there's probably more I like, but I just can't find the time to look into her music.
'Jour 1'

'Alien'

I too have not heard of Vendredi sur Mer and I too checked out some of her music but heard and saw nothing that interested me
Old 10-31-2019, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
To not be blamed for hating young French singers, I can say that I've created a list for myself. It consists of 22 talented and promising French and francophone female singers, all under the age of 30. It is very interesting to be listening to and watching them, much more interesting than to be watching Alizée strokes her dogs or advertises strollers.
The only reason I got interested in French singers is because of Alizee. The ones I got interested in were performing along side of her during her Les Enfoires days. It was a refreshing change from the lame American pop scene. But, my history has always been about rock music. I especially like alt and prog rock, but you might catch me playing some heavy metal and punk on my iPod at the gym.

There are plenty of artists out there putting out music I don't care for at all. I would much rather watch Alizee petting Jon Snow than watching their videos.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of artists out there putting out music I don't care for at all. I would much rather watch Alizee petting Jon Snow than watching their videos.
I wonder how could you became an Alizée fan at all if you're so scornful of modern French music.