Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road
Default Slipping Away

I've been learning French, and became an Alizée fan as I sought out French music. The videos on this site are fantastic, especially the interviews with subtitles. Merci Brad!

I'm rather saddened by Alizée's apparent split with Mylène Farmer, who is quite talented in her own right. Because of their close collaboration, it's difficult to tell where Mylène ends and Alizée begins musically.

I'm sure that most of you who are also Mylène fans have heard her new single with Moby - Slipping Away -
It's really one of the best songs I've heard in a while, and the video is very clever.

Anyway, I'm bringing this up here on Alizée America because it seems to me exactly the type of move that could popularize Alizée here in America, if she ever changes her opinion about that prospect. The mixture of French and English in the song is very well done, and the popularity of someone like Moby would get people listening.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:21 AM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I've been learning French, and became an Alizée fan as I sought out French music. The videos on this site are fantastic, especially the interviews with subtitles. Merci Brad!

I'm rather saddened by Alizée's apparent split with Mylène Farmer, who is quite talented in her own right. Because of their close collaboration, it's difficult to tell where Mylène ends and Alizée begins musically.

I'm sure that most of you who are also Mylène fans have heard her new single with Moby - Slipping Away -
It's really one of the best songs I've heard in a while, and the video is very clever.

Anyway, I'm bringing this up here on Alizée America because it seems to me exactly the type of move that could popularize Alizée here in America, if she ever changes her opinion about that prospect. The mixture of French and English in the song is very well done, and the popularity of someone like Moby would get people listening.
Welcome to the site dan!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:16 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site dan

We'll have to wait and see how this does, I know she did a duo with Seal, Les mots, before but I don't think it helped her break into the American market any. Maybe the Moby one will be different, some French Mylène Farmer fans that I've talked on other Alizée sites have been so so about it, maybe Moby fans will like it better. I still prefer Désenchantée myself though. Both videos are on YouTube.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:28 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site dan hope you enjoy it.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the welcome

Twitch: I also like Désenchantée, although I find Les Mots uninteresting. I can see how some fans of Mylène wouldn't like Slipping Away, since Moby's style is so predominant in the song. Anyway, I just discovered that Slipping Away debuted #1 in France, something that hasn't happened for Mylène since 1995. Perhaps that bodes well for success elsewhere? I don't normally track such things, so I'm not one to make predictions.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Slipping Away is a good song, I bought the single when I was in Paris. I'm not usually a Moby fan but it was a nice collaboration with Mylene.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:30 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

oh i am them both fan (of course, much more Mylene's fan). Slipping away is very beautiful song and it was in my mind in very hard while to me "...Seeing the sun, when it's all going bad..." these words was helping me to keep one’s end up, now everything is going better and easier...

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:39 PM

MaiFromSanFrancisco is on a distinguished road
Default Mylene Farmer

What is the music video where mylene farmer is running in the snow, with a bunch of people in peecoats
Old 11-18-2006, 05:53 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

I think you mean this video, Désenchantée.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T898__wF3NI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T898__wF3NI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 11-18-2006, 06:04 PM

MaiFromSanFrancisco is on a distinguished road

yea that was it , thanks very much