Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road
Default Would you like to return to working with Mylène?

MOD EDIT: Here is the original post by Brian01:

Alizée said recently that she does wish to work with MF again.

So in order to keep the forum nice and organized, we will use the thread in the news section for any offical updates on the subject, and this thread here, for discussions, speculations, and over all, just how ya feel about this idea!

Interviewer: "Souhaites-tu retourner travailler avec Mylène" ("Would you like to return to working with Mylène?")

Alizée: "Oui"

Source: http://www.mylene.net/modules/index.php?r=4&z=3621

Me:

Last edited by User22; 02-29-2012 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Incorrectly merged threads :(
Old 02-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Dan.
Here's the article using Bingtranslate.

By the way, this was put out by Mylene.net which has a line that says it's "Le site de reference sur Mylene Farmer" which looks like it means the site of reference for Mylene Farmer.

There is a survey on that page where you can vote yes or no.

I think it's kind of obvious that Alizee would like to rekindle her relationship with MF, the big question is how does Mylene Farmer feel about it.

Kind of interesting this line "The title "idealize" (from the album "Psychédélices") was presented by many as a song dedicated to settling scores Mylène what had categorically denied the author of the text Jean Fauque."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-29-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that - and the translation.

Much appreciated!

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM

Here's a picture of the Mylene.net home page.

I was reading through some posts about this song that were posted in AF back in 2007,
(http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...ng-Id%E9aliser)
in which they discussed the meaning of the song and if it was bashing Mylene. I think the big question is, Mylene Farmer is probably the king, or should I say queen of writing songs that are difficult to interpret, so it would be interesting to know how she interpreted this song.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-29-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road
Default AJ wishes to work with MF again [topic discussion]

Alizée said recently that she does wish to work with MF again.

So in order to keep the forum nice and organized, we will use the thread in the news section for any offical updates on the subject, and this thread here, for discussions, speculations, and over all, just how ya feel about this idea!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I see it as a plus for Alizée's career in the long run. One of my criticisms of her last two albums was that she was relying more on Jeremy and her friends in the local music scene than sitting down and working with the best people in the industry. She is a major fan of Madonna's and Madonna didn't get to the level she's at by using B and C list song writers.

Today we lost Davey Jones of the 60's Rock band the Monkee's. The one plus that made their music so successful was the shows producers realized from the start, that they needed some of the very best song writers writing the music for their TV show.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I find this very interesting.

Does she need to work with Mylene?
No. I think it is too late for that, they had their time. It would not work. Alizée is not a newcomer nor a teenager anymore, there is no reason for Mylene to "back" another artist that could be direct competence for her.
Artists like her have big egos and we have to remember they would be working in "same level terms", not teacher-pupil like before. I don´t see that happening.

Advice from Mylene, or even a collaboration in a couple of songs would be more plausible and realistic. But even that would surprise me because Mylene's public attitude towards Alizée has been as cold as ice all this time.
I would really like LB writing songs for Alizée again, but since she doesn't even name him, i don't think that is a possibility she is thinking about.

So what does Alizée need?
-Find the right direction: Looks like she took the message on board and her next album will be targeted "for a wider audience". Good.
-A strong and good first single: With the poor record sales of UEDS she needs now more than ever a really good first single. People won't have patience to buy or even listen to the rest of her album if the first single is not good.
-Good decisions: It is quite painful that one of her best songs ever, very commercial, and possibly the one that could attract a lot of non Alizée fans, "Par les paupieres", was not even released as a single back then... I wish a song like that or even better would be the first single of her fifth album.
-A good producer: That is the key, and of course what all musicians want, specially singers like her or Madonna who don't write their own songs. Madonna, Rihanna, Gaga... They are all great performers but at the end of the day is all about the songs and the style, the musical production.
Alizée maybe can not get one of those top producers right now, but with Sony i think she will find one good enough for her and they will put together a good album.
A good producer changed Nelly Furtado's style and career for the best, and sometimes i find some similarities between "Par les paupieres" and some of Furtado's songs, (being of course different musical styles), at least in production and commerciality terms... specially listening to the drums and "keyboards" from 0:38 on

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0J3vgcE5i2o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0J3vgcE5i2o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

And finally, and like everybody else, she needs a little bit of luck.
The thing she will have is our support, that is for sure.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I find this very interesting.

Does she need to work with Mylene?
No. I think it is too late for that, they had their time. It would not work.
I disagree. Alizee could find success with someone else, the question is who. I think this will be her last chance to get it right. Apparently she had a large part of choosing who to work with on the first 2 albums and where has that gotten her? Cancelled concerts in Paris with Psych and her last album being labeled a flop. She has to make this one work and if both MF and LB were involved in this next album, I guarantee it would work ( or you get your money back).

Mylene doesn't have to worry about competition from Alizee. She is in a league of her own. I don't think there is any other female singer in France who comes any where near to accomplishing what Mylene Farmer has.

Probably the only thing that Mylene could possibly get out of this, besides money that she probably doesn't need is the satisfaction that she made Alizee an international star, and quite frankly since then, if it wan't for Mexico and LE, she would be considered a flop in France since their seperation, and now she could put Alizee on top again, though it would have to be with LB's music so it could be kind of a " I told you so. " that she might get some satisfaction out of, but I really doubt she's that way.

As far as random speculation, that's a large part of what goes on in here, because we hear very little about Alizee's private life or decisions affecting her career. The whole AJ MP thread is mostly speculation.

I never really heard the Jeremy didn't like the sexual image MF had Lili use, though I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that way because any boyfreind or husband wouldn't want men drooling over her. What I heard is that she knew many of the songs she sang had a sexual meaning to them, but she didn't realize how sexual they were until Jeremy came along and when she did find out, she to say the least, wasn't happy about it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-29-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I disagree. Alizee could find success with someone else, the question is who. I think this will be her last chance to get it right. Apparently she had a large part of choosing who to work with on the first 2 albums and where has that gotten her? Cancelled concerts in Paris with Psych and her last album being labeled a flop. She has to make this one work and if both MF and LB were involved in this next album, I guarantee it would work ( or you get your money back).

Yes, i am sure it would work. Musically.
What i meant not working is their relationship. Of course we all get excited thinking about the possibility of them working together again, but it is not as easy as it sounds. There are so many things... They would need to change eveything... image, style, music...
Alizée singing between teddy bears about gourmandises, bubbles, etc is gone forever. Same as the lolita approach.

We are in 2012 and what she needs is a good album with good songs. I agree she would be succesful teaming up with them again, but i think is impossible right now.
For starters, and if i am not mistaken, Mylene works with Polydor records. I don't see her working with Alizée and Sony...
I like Alizée talking good things about Mylene, that shows me that she is grateful and she does not forget about the people that made her successful.

I know my opinion is not common shared by many people, and i understand.
I am glad she is on the press, and looks like people notice her again, which can only be good. But talks about working with Mylene, if that option is imposible, put even more pressure and expectations in her next album.
Publicity and sense of anticipation, good. Too many expectations, bad

Last edited by SpanishFan; 02-29-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Mylene doesn't have to worry about competition from Alizee. She is in a league of her own. I don't think there is any other female singer in France who comes any where near to accomplishing what Mylene Farmer has.
Well you are absolutely right on that.
And that is my point, Mylene created her own musical universe, and she is very successful in it. She is not like the rest.
With Alizée, they created another "universe". This "teenager-lolita" universe in which Alizée found fame and success.
That's why i find another Alizée-Mylene project very difficult to happen . Because Mylene is that different from the rest. It is not a typical artist to collaborate with.

Mylene wanting to help Alizée's career... Only if we had some kind words from her towards Alizée in all these years. It is not the case, and apparently she did not talk with her even in private. (No response to Alizée sending her a copy of her new album)

There is however the craziest of possibilities, Mylene going against all odds and even her own fans and working with Alizée again. But still and sadly, it is one in a million chance.