Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I'm not really blaming Alizee for any of this. I think she really wanted a shiney new album and video etc to come out this autumn, but I think she has put her faith in people that maybe she shouldn't have. It might even be the case that she is the one delaying things? When she fianlly gets to see finished articles like this video she might be turning around and saying that she's not happy and wants things re-done and that is causing problems? That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't know if anyone here saw this comment from JJ Goldman over on AF but it did make me wonder if this was something a bit more believable:

"Le 5ème album Alizée est repoussé à début 2013... il faudra donc être patient pour voir la participation de JJ Goldman sur cet album. '

... which according to google translate says:

"The fifth album Alizée is postponed to early 2013 ... it will have to be patient to see the participation of JJ Goldman on this album. '

Now that could mean any number of things but my first thought was that Alizee wanted this guy on her album but that he was just too busy until later on? That is a very plausible reason for a long delay.

Either way it still smacks of bad planning and poor overall project management.

Edit: just something I noticed to reinforce the notion that this is the official video - at 2.29 there is a long shot of the beach cafe and you can see those red and green drinks / glasses on a table which were in that photo that I think her dad put up around that time that they were talking about the filming.

... and don't miss the superb nose scrunch at 3:10!!! lol
I don't remember why, but JJ Goldman wasn't able to work on Celine Dion's new French album. And that's celine that we're talking about, so I doubt that he'll be working on Alizee's album.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Edit: just something I noticed to reinforce the notion that this is the official video - at 2.29 there is a long shot of the beach cafe and you can see those red and green drinks / glasses on a table which were in that photo that I think her dad put up around that time that they were talking about the filming.

I think this video might have been a rough draft / storyboard thing used in creating a final release. If so then I'm guessing that they may have wanted to go in another direction and abandoned this. It just doesn't seem to be a finished, professional product. And if they are going to redo the song like some speculate, then they may not be able to use this footage anyway. I think that back when they filmed this footage they did expect it to be for the video.

I wonder if Sony has/had assigned rookies to handle the Alizée project. I really have no idea how that business works though.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjmwa View Post
I don't remember why, but JJ Goldman wasn't able to work on Celine Dion's new French album. And that's celine that we're talking about, so I doubt that he'll be working on Alizee's album.
If it's just another songwriter, I would agree with you. However, Alizee and JJ Goldman has been working together at Les Enfoires since 2001. I know that LE is very close to JJ's heart. He has been volunteering there every year since its founding in 1986. And he's a very successful singer/songwriter himself. So, I'm sure he'd do it because of his friendship/relationship with Alizee and not because he thought he'd make money writing for her.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Most likely, they didn't like the final cut of the video. Not sure how PS3 got a hold of it but, hey...leaks happen. She looks gorgeous and the video really is nice aesthetically, but it doesn't have a lot of flow to me, it doesn't tell a story.
I agree. One of my favorite groups was the Eagles. I liked songs like Hotel California and Lying eyes which each told a story. Sometimes a good story can make up for a song that isn't that great musically, but this video has neither. I like the song but I feel it's not enough by itself to get this to sell and the story is too weak to add anything to it, which is too bad because I think there is an interesting story to tell here, a story that a lot of people would be interested in, but I'm sure she is not the type to spill the beans on the aspects of what happened so she could profit at Jeremy's expense.

Aestethically it did look good. I thought I'd be put off by the tatoos and though I still much prefer her sans tatoos, they didn't bother me in this video. I thought Sony if it was Sony who filmed this would shy away from them, but it seemed more like they tried to feature them.

She looked great in every scene, but that too will not add enough to get this to sell. At least this "seems" to indicate the album is still alive and well at this point, but it's anyones guess as to when it will be done.

I'm still encouraged by the fact that this is just one song of the album and they're not trying to rush it through. They realize it still needs a lot of work. Can they make it fly? I still think so.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:26 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Looking on the bright side, we will be ending up with TWO Alizée videos instead of one.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Looking on the bright side, we will be ending up with TWO Alizée videos instead of one.
Yeah, while we wait ages for a video, we will have 2 for same song.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
And welcome to Alizee America where Alizee's shits gold!
Actually I would rather put is as "Welcome to Alizee America, where any form of optimism makes you a delusional idiot"

I don't post often here but I do read most threads, and I've really got to say that this is one of the most cynical fan communities that I have ever encountered. Alizée is clearly not the most active performer, and after nearly 4 years of that I would've imagined that people got used to it, but I don't know if it still makes people frustrated. Few years ago, people were getting all excited when one tiny picture popped up on the web and discussed it happily, but now these forums are just filled negativity and worthless crying about tattoos that goes on for hundreds of pages. One thing that I have noticed several times is that if anyone actually likes her current work and does not criticize it down to the smallest detail, but just enjoys it for what it is, then he will be branded as a crazy fanboy who is still in that stage that I think most of us have been in, where she is perfect and can do nothing wrong. Of course criticism is important, but it does get really tiring reading trough pages and pages of negativity and stupid arguments, only to have the one tiny hint of optimism be buried.

I was excited when the video came out, leaked or not, as I wanted to join the lively discussion, but all I got was complaining about the song, the editing, Sony, the album, everything. I'm not sure if you guys expected some Spielberg oscarbait movie or as someone mentioned a Lady Gaga-budget type of video, but it really isn't that bad. I quite enjoyed it, I liked the story it portrays, the song is fine although it's not my type, and that is my opinion.

I'm not really sure what the point is in being an active fan if you honestly think things are only going to get worse. I just needed to vent this out as you guys could use to put some things in perspective.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM

MickyMicky is on a distinguished road

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDUyNjExNTQw.html

You have to wait for the advert to finished, but this is the clip, and it hasn't been taken down yet.

Anyway this video looks to me to be a concept video, perhaps she was asked to do it and then send it to sony to review, and then someone leaked it perhaps by mistake.

She looks amazing in this video.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

In that case I recommend AdBlock Plus.

Quote:
[...] but it really isn't that bad. I quite enjoyed it, I liked the story it portrays, the song is fine although it's not my type, and that is my opinion.
+1
Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
If it's just another songwriter, I would agree with you. However, Alizee and JJ Goldman has been working together at Les Enfoires since 2001. I know that LE is very close to JJ's heart. He has been volunteering there every year since its founding in 1986. And he's a very successful singer/songwriter himself. So, I'm sure he'd do it because of his friendship/relationship with Alizee and not because he thought he'd make money writing for her.
Yeah, but he has also worked with Celine many times before. He wrote
"pour que tu..." and many other songs for her. So.... Je ne sais pas! We'll see.

Tags
a cause de l'automne