Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I think Alizée probably watches a lot of programs and movies, and listens to music that is in English. I would bet she can understand it more than she can't. I am under the impression for some reason that she chooses not to communicate (at least when it matters) using English to be certain she understands what is being said to her, and that what she says is as she intends. Even if her English was very limited 18 years ago at the start of her career, it's likely that she picks up more and more each day. I know that happens to me with French. I've heard before that she doesn't understand any English, but I find that very hard to believe.

From this article: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180131/the...pped-right-now

Quote:
Sure, a recent report found that only 4 percent of French people can speak "fluent" English. And sure, the same report ranked the French as the worst English speakers in Europe. But let's be reasonable here. The fact is that a lot of French people do speak English, but they just don't - either because they're too shy, too embarrassed by their accent, or perhaps just don't want to. Tourists who come to Paris thinking they won't hear a word of English will be surprised - especially among the younger generation - by how many people are willing to give English a go.