Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

yeah that is sick

Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515 View Post
Very true. That is why Europeans have been riding these little cars for ages and most of them probably don't even know what an SUV is whereas we in the US are just starting to do that now, and only because of the gas price hikes.
well they have SUV's, but they have more functional SUV's: they are designed solely for whatever it was they were made for, usually off-roading

over here in the US, we have 7-seater, high-comfort, big-engine fast sporty cross-over stuff

Also in the Europe, they have a lot of diesel-powered vehicles
diesel-powered vehicles are both powerful and modest in their usage of gasoline (usually use a lot less than comparative gasoline engine)

Americans don't seem to like diesels for various reasons
I guess we like our horsepower

Volkswagen, bless them, is one of the biggest providers of diesel-powered vehicles in the US

however in the US they have taken the VW Golf (with it's 1.9 liter diesel) out of the line and replaced it with the Rabbit with a gasoline engine that gets worse gas mileage than the bigger Volkswagen Passat

the rest of the world still gets the Volkswagen Golf, and it's even better than before: available is a 1.4 "TSI" liter supercharged and turbocharged 170 hp engine that makes for a vehicle that is both relatively quick and one that gets fuel economy figures (at around 38mpg tested) that are close to the Toyota Prius!

the European Volkswagen Golf GT is also available with a 2.0 liter "TDI" turbo-diesel vehicle that develops the same 170hp as the TSI engine, but uses diesel fuel. It develops a whopping 258 lb. ft. of torque at 1800 RPM. . .that's much more torque than the Chevy Equinox SUV provides and abou the same as V-6 Ford F-150. Yes, that much torque in such a small car. . . I don't know what fuel economy is, but it is likely to be higher than 38mpg average. In fact, a larger German sedan made by Skoda that uses the same 2.0 TDI engine made by Volkswagen returned an average of 48mpg! That is more than the Toyota Prius, and the vehicle is also much faster than the prius.

-edit- oops sorry guys I just rambled

Last edited by riva2model64; 09-14-2006 at 11:02 PM..
Old 09-14-2006, 11:03 PM

cane17 is on a distinguished road

I would love anything more for Alizée come to the States but i think its a 50/50 shot hit or miss,i mean most of the people are used to the pop music in the USA now,you would have to show the true Alizée,like us fans know her with the Interviews she dose and how she's a real down to earth person.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
wtf, with a 13 year old girl. Are you sure rocket, that the news is correct?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski I'm very sure.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane17 View Post
I would love anything more for Alizée come to the States but i think its a 50/50 shot hit or miss,i mean most of the people are used to the pop music in the USA now,you would have to show the true Alizée,like us fans know her with the Interviews she dose and how she's a real down to earth person.

I don't think she'll be in the pop genre when ever her new album comes out. I'm making a good bet its going to be something in the rock area. In fact, the more that I think about it, she could actually fit in with the U.S. musical styles pretty well (assuming I'm right). French rock anybody?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:44 AM

mini.mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n View Post

I don't think she'll be in the pop genre when ever her new album comes out. I'm making a good bet its going to be something in the rock area. In fact, the more that I think about it, she could actually fit in with the U.S. musical styles pretty well (assuming I'm right). French rock anybody?
That's fine by me. I listen to Evanescense to Alizée and anything in between, french rock won't bother me.

I think Alizée's attitude also turn down some of the big labels as well. Remembe how she like to keep her life out of the lime light? That's mean no interviews, no public appearances, etc. which are bad for publicity & promotion. Even though I'm totally behind this, but hey, that doesn't sell.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515 View Post
By the way, are American paparazzi worse than French ones? I personally think that all paparazzi are scum, regardless of where they are located.
This reminded me of when Princess Diana crashed running from French paparazzi. That and having a drunk secret agent drive her car.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

The Natalie Portman popularity would be perfect in my book. Just an occational, but recurring concert in the U.S. would suite me fine.

BTW, I wonder how many people will learn of Alizée after hearing her song on Russell Crowe's new movie? Just getting her song on a movie means that the American entertainment industry has their eye on her...food for thought.