Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Alizee did an interview in 2014 on Stars Au Grand Air, and I think it reveals a lot. In it, she said:

When I was young, I didn't feel comfortable in my skin at all.
I had an unusual name.
There weren't too many Alizées.
People made fun of me.
I had glasses. I wasn't a beauty.
I didn't have many friends.
I was very shy. Very withdrawn.
It was difficult for me to ... interact... with others... and when I tried to, they pushed me aside and made fun of me.

So when I went to my dance courses it was a liberation.
I forgot all the bad things.
I took off my glasses and I could dance for hours.
I am not somebody who adores herself.
When I look in the mirror I am not in ecstasy.
When I sing on TV, I never look at myself.
I don't know why.
Everybody has their complexes and their problems.

I had not seen this until just a few days ago. I had long suspected that Alizee had some body image issues and was self-critical (along with being generally insecure), and I had posted it in the past.

I can completely relate to her based on my life experience. I too was painfully shy as a child and a complete nerd. Glasses as well. I would choose to borrow books from the library that contained chess matches between Bobby Fischer and Boris Spasky and recreate the moves on my chess board instead of hanging with the cool kids. The only reason I did not get bullied or made fun of was because I was big.. and strong.

When I started liking girls to the point where I wanted to do something about, I was about 15 (this was in 1976). I asked my parents to get me contact lenses (they did), I got my hair styled with something modern (you know, parted in the middle and feathered ) Wanting to be accepted in a social circle other than the nerds, I made a radical shift and started hanging out with the "heads", and was accepted. For those younger than 50-ish, this would be the group who thought they were still 1960's hippies. Long hair, sloppy clothes (mainly blue jeans), hard rock listeners, pot smoking... you get the picture. I had a blast and had luck with the girls left and right, but my parents had a heart attack and thought I was going to end up in some gutter.

The point is, I went through this identity crisis and found some belonging, even though it wasn't really who I was. I did recognize my foolishness and move back toward my true nature, get a degree in computer science, and never looked back.

All that to say this: Alizee does not look at her body like everybody else. We see perfection (at least as it was before the tattoos). She saw, and I am coming right out and say it, ugly. We had a fit when she continued to put tattoos on her body and ruin her beautiful skin; she had none of these concerns because she didn't see her body the same way.

The whole act of tattooing herself might just be her conforming to pop culture. She had a childhood of feeling excluded and left out, so the act of getting tattoos would be an attempt to becoming included and hip and find some belonging. But the nature that we are born with is almost impossible to change, and you can see that by the nerdish tattoos that she chose and where she chose to put them.

This gives me much more appreciation for Alizee the person. It takes away some of the mystery as to why she is such a mystery.

What do you all think? Should I give up my armchair psychoanalysis, or are they valid points?
Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee did an interview in 2014 on Stars Au Grand Air, and I think it reveals a lot. In it, she said:................................

What do you all think? Should I give up my armchair psychoanalysis, or are they valid points?
As with the 9 shows of DALS, SAGA is a show that I payed to have interpreted. If it had green subtitles, it was probably from me. I may have uploaded it to the hub before they banned me or maybe somebody else did. It doesn't matter.

I believe I had broken it up into 3 parts. You probably know by know that the show was about different singers getting together and singing each other songs, but the show seemed to focus on Alizee.

As for armchair psychoanalysis, it's something we all do and each one of us probably has different ideas about what makes Alizee tick and we are probably all wrong, but the more we try to analyze her, the more we are drawn to her.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As with the 9 shows of DALS, SAGA is a show that I payed to have interpreted. If it had green subtitles, it was probably from me. I may have uploaded it to the hub before they banned me or maybe somebody else did. It doesn't matter.

I believe I had broken it up into 3 parts. You probably know by know that the show was about different singers getting together and singing each other songs, but the show seemed to focus on Alizee.

As for armchair psychoanalysis, it's something we all do and each one of us probably has different ideas about what makes Alizee tick and we are probably all wrong, but the more we try to analyze her, the more we are drawn to her.
I pulled this from the alizeehub, so if the source comes from you, I wanted to let you that I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do.

Yes, women are complicated enough and almost impossible to figure out, but Alizee raises the bar. It makes her that much more fascinating.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me identify the yellow head tattoo?

I saw this video posted in another thread

She has a yellow hooded/ blond haired thing next to machine gun snowhite. I haven't noticed that before.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Can anyone help me identify the yellow head tattoo?

She has a yellow hooded/ blond haired thing next to machine gun snowhite. I haven't noticed that before.
It's not new, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Maybe it's been discussed in this thread before.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:42 PM
Miam Miam!

After searching for a bit, I found it! It's a character named Allstar Seaworthy, it's from an American-Belgian animated television series by Hanna-Barbera that aired in the late 80s.

When I googled the name of the character and Alizee, voila;

There is a whole entry explaining Lili's tattoos up to that point, if anyone's interested, here is the link to that blog:

https://alizeemadit.wordpress.com/20...-sus-tatuajes/

Interesting stuff.

"The Snorks are a race of small, colorful beings that live happily in the undersea world of Snorkland. They have snorkels on their heads, which are used to propel them swiftly through the water."

So like the smurfs but underwater.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Good detective work eru777!

Edit:

Here is a show that Alizée was on with Garou. She sang one of his songs and it was said at some point, he was supposed to either join in or take over, but I think because she was doing such a good job with this song, they let her continue solo.
It's at the 1:30 point where you can see Garou holding the mike up to his mouth and it looks like someone said something to him.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-31-2018 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's at the 1:30 point where you can see Garou holding the mike up to his mouth and it looks like someone said something to him.
He made a gracious move. Alizee sounded wonderful, like this song was written for her to sing.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Miam Miam!

That was great. None of that playback stuff.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 AM
Administrator

I watched the Sous le vent video several more times and I realized why I like it so much, besides being a beautiful song. In a lot of her older videos, she made eye contact with the camera a lot. In other posts I have made, I mentioned her eyes was the first thing I fell in love with. When she made all those acoustic videos of her Psyche songs, the first thing I noticed was how little eye contact she made with the camera, especially PLP. She should drop her gaze downward, or off to the side. With this song, she draws me in with her eyes. It's nice to see.