Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road
Post Meanings of her songs?

What's up AAmember's when I listen to Alizée's music her lyrics are pretty confusing to me. Some songs I know the meanings to but the majorty of her songs I have no clue what they mean, it's like if you want to know the meanings to her songs your going to have to ask her yourself in person I guess.

I just wanted to know if you guys could let me know what some of her songs mean. Thanks.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well you can go to the translation page here, but translations are in the eye of the interpreter. Many of the lines of her songs have 2 or 3 meanings in French, making it very difficult to translate into English, so I find it's best to just look up each word you don't know the meaning of, then read through the different interpretations and figure out for yourself which one is right.

Moi Lolita is fairly easy. Problem is many sites try and clean up the lyrics from what they should be. You have to remember Mylene Farmer wrote these songs and the reputation she has.

A few lines who's lyrics are most debated, and what I think they mean,
Quand je rêve aux loups, c'est Lola qui saigne

(I'm writing these from memory so forgive any typos)

Which I think means, When I dream of the wolves, it's Lola who bleeds.
Wolves apparently means older men (relative to herself) who come around looking for her and this song is about a girl who's sexually active and I don't think I have to spell out what it is that happens sexually to a young girl that makes her bleed, especially if it's the first time.

Et quand je donne ma langue aux chats, je vois les autres
and when I give my tongue to the cats, I see the others
Tout prets a se jeter sur moi
All ready to jump on me.

Again this is supposed to be a girl that's sexually active,
When I give my tongue to the cats I think means that when she is having oral sex with other girls, probably other Lolitas, she sees these men coming around, ready to jump on her.

The rest of the song is relatively easy to interp.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-25-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Wow Alizée was very sexuall well who is'nt at the age of 15 or 16 haha.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

When I hear Im Not Twenty in English and she sings paradises gates are always on her mind and morning shining light write your poetry if your okdk get up and start to smile, do it for me, wake up and come around man lets do boogie woogie its not a game get over your pain, not even a shame, can we celebrate, love is too strong, you can never go wrong well those words mean exactly what they say and I always put it on in the morning when I wake up.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
What's up AAmember's when I listen to Alizée's music her lyrics are pretty confusing to me. Some songs I know the meanings to but the majorty of her songs I have no clue what they mean, it's like if you want to know the meanings to her songs your going to have to ask her yourself in person I guess.

I just wanted to know if you guys could let me know what some of her songs mean. Thanks.
Now by "meaning" are you referring to what the songs mean, represent, and/or are interpretted to mean, or do you mean the translation into the english language? You can find the translations of her songs here at Aam or other sites. As for what the songs mean, that all depends on how one looks at the lyrics.

Some may take a song's lyrics literal and some may find deeper meanings through a song. I suggest, if you are looking for the meaning of a song, then you should interpret and find the meaning of the song for yourself. This way, the song will have a unique meaning to you and will mean something that is true to you. I say to do this rather than taking someone else's interpretation and meaning of a song to them as your own because if someone asks what a song means to you and you're giving them the thoughts of the song from another person, then you are obviously not giving your true interpretation of the song and it's meaning to you.

This is just what I do though. I often just enjoy most songs though without analyzing them. But I tend to get curious and will analyze the lyrics from all perspectives to gain my own knowledge of the song's possible meaning(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
Wow Alizée was very sexuall well who is'nt at the age of 15 or 16 haha.
You must remember though, Alizée did not necessarily write those songs in her early days.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Now by "meaning" are you referring to what the songs mean, represent, and/or are interpretted to mean, or do you mean the translation into the english language? You can find the translations of her songs here at Aam or other sites. As for what the songs mean, that all depends on how one looks at the lyrics.

Some may take a song's lyrics literal and some may find deeper meanings through a song. I suggest, if you are looking for the meaning of a song, then you should interpret and find the meaning of the song for yourself. This way, the song will have a unique meaning to you and will mean something that is true to you. I say to do this rather than taking someone else's interpretation and meaning of a song to them as your own because if someone asks what a song means to you and you're giving them the thoughts of the song from another person, then you are obviously not giving your true interpretation of the song and it's meaning to you.

This is just what I do though. I often just enjoy most songs though without analyzing them. But I tend to get curious and will analyze the lyrics from all perspectives to gain my own knowledge of the song's possible meaning(s).

You must remember though, Alizée did not necessarily write those songs in her early days.
Yeah that's true she did not write her songs.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

J'en ai marre is another controversial song. Supposedly written in Freudian terms.

These songs are by no means an indication of Alizee's sex life, if she even had one at that point. The songs were written by Mylene Farmer, and though Lily did give MF some ideas for some songs, I'm sure ML and JAM were all of Mylene's creation. At least the contorversial parts were.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
J'en ai marre is another controversial song. Supposedly written in Freudian terms.

These songs are by no means an indication of Alizee's sex life, if she even had one at that point. The songs were written by Mylene Farmer, and though Lily did give MF some ideas for some songs, I'm sure ML and JAM were all of Mylene's creation. At least the contorversial parts were.
Yes Marquis they are definitely the works of ML. Alizee was bound to them and had to sing whatever they told her haha and dance how they wanted her to dance. But it was awesome that Alizee didn't care and liked all the attention. But yah JEAM is very sexual and good for a teenager to perform
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yes Marquis they are definitely the works of ML. Alizee was bound to them and had to sing whatever they told her haha and dance how they wanted her to dance. But it was awesome that Alizee didn't care and liked all the attention. But yah JEAM is very sexual and good for a teenager to perform
You make her sound like a serf.

She didn't sing or do anything that both she and her mother didn't think was passable. Was she persuaded to do something - maybe. However, if so, she was persuaded - not coerced.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
A few lines who's lyrics are most debated, and what I think they mean,
Quand je rêve aux loups, c'est Lola qui saigne
I heard that "rêver aux loups" is slang for losing one's virginity.

Tags
alizee, songs meaning