Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-20-2015, 09:07 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default What direction(s) should Alizée and Gregoire go in?

I speculated recently that Gregoire might not be happy with a future of just dancing at workshops like they've been doing recently or teaching dance in Ajaccio after experiencing the excitement of competiitive dancing and Alizee might not be happy to see him paired up with some beautiful woman in future competitions and after what she's gone through, I wouldn't blame her at all for that.

I fhink Alizee enjoys dancing more than singing, but I don't really see much of a future in it for her, once the DALS4 effect wears off.

I also think that most of her fans out there want to see her sing, rather than dance. So how do you satisfy everyone?

I think the best solution would for her to come out with another album. Then Gregoire can create some dances for some of the songs that her and Alizee can make videos of and perform on stage. The only one who would be making a sacrifice here would be Alizee, but it would lead to more dancing with Gregoire and therefore I think it's something in the end she would really enjoy.

Of course the main problem is to come up with a good album. Maybe Gregoire's input could help her pick the best songs to work with. That's something she's had problems with in the past. But if they could make this work, I don't think there's anything else out there that could make them both, not to mention "their" fans, much happier or bring in a lot more income than these work shops do.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:31 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I speculated recently that Gregoire might not be happy with a future of just dancing at workshops like they've been doing recently or teaching dance in Ajaccio after experiencing the excitement of competiitive dancing and Alizee might not be happy to see him paired up with some beautiful woman in future competitions and after what she's gone through, I wouldn't blame her at all for that.

I fhink Alizee enjoys dancing more than singing, but I don't really see much of a future in it for her, once the DALS4 effect wears off.

I also think that most of her fans out there want to see her sing, rather than dance. So how do you satisfy everyone?

I think the best solution would for her to come out with another album. Then Gregoire can create some dances for some of the songs that her and Alizee can make videos of and perform on stage. The only one who would be making a sacrifice here would be Alizee, but it would lead to more dancing with Gregoire and therefore I think it's something in the end she would really enjoy.

Of course the main problem is to come up with a good album. Maybe Gregoire's input could help her pick the best songs to work with. That's something she's had problems with in the past. But if they could make this work, I don't think there's anything else out there that could make them both, not to mention "their" fans, much happier or bring in a lot more income than these work shops do.

After the failure of that last album only selling 5 or 6 thousand copies, I think she will have a serious problem getting financing for another album. For that reason, I was thinking she might be able to come out with a single or two. If she could produce a viable single, financing for an album might materialize. I don't really know the business, so it might not be possible to put out a single without an album. Overall, I think her singing career looks pretty grim. Finding a hit is extremely difficult. It's hard to know what will catch on. I thought there were a couple of decent tunes on that last album, but nothing caught on. You look at how many artist there are out there scrambling for a hit without success. The careers of most artists that hit the big time last three years or less. Alizee has gone far beyond that. I don't think it helps that she hardly pays her fans any attention.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
After the failure of that last album only selling 5 or 6 thousand copies, I think she will have a serious problem getting financing for another album.
While lackluster album sales certainly don't help her chances, I definitely don't think it will preclude Alizée from releasing another album. The thing is, record labels don't really care how well individual artists or albums sell, they just need to turn a profit on average. It's a lot like movies: It's impossible to predict what is going to be a success and what will be a failure, so they throw a lot of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Tons of high-budget movies are colossal box office failures and cost their respective companies millions of dollars in losses, but they don't really care because it's an unescapable part of the business and another project will have more than made up for it in profit. The same thing happens with music, and labels are willing to take this risk because there's only a finite amount of money you can lose on an album (production cost), but a near infinite amount of money to be potentially earned. And as far as risks go, Alizée is not a huge risk at all. She has sold millions of records in the past, and there is the chance that she might be able to do it again. Even if that chance is only 1 in 20, it's going to be a better bet than an unproven artist with a chance of 1 in 1000. I think the only thing that can stop Alizée from releasing another record would be herself.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The problem is Alizée’s last 3 albums in a row have not been moneymakers for the record company. She hasn’t had a real big hit in over a decade. Her loyal fan base can’t buy enough albums to offset the costs. There is fresh, new competition out there for the record buying public’s hard earned cash, and let’s face it, the public likes something new and fresh. Alizée has tried several different styles hoping to connect with the public, but to no avail. She wasn’t even able to capitalize on her DALS popularity. There’s a good chance the record company is not going to put up money much longer to fund Alizée’s album projects with this kind of track record. If she is still under contract with her record company, they can usually keep her from producing anything on her own until the contract runs out.

Now for the positive. If Alizée is free from her contract, or can somehow get out of it, she could self-produce an album. She could use her own money to pay for recording and work with musical friends she has met over the years to get the necessary songs and musicians. She could then release the album through iTunes or some other online sales medium. In other words, make it digital download only to save the manufacturing costs of CDs. If her loyal fans and a few others would buy it, she may make enough to cover costs and make a small profit. I know it doesn’t sound like the good old days, but it might end up being the only choice left to her in the future. It’s also possible Alizée might find a smaller independent label to take her on.

The thing is, Alizée seems content right now to just do her dancing thing. I’m not sure she really needs the income, but she is still probably making more money from dancing right now than she could from singing. I think she has found love and happiness again, and is really enjoying it. She may not want to disrupt that right now by struggling through another album release.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:50 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She loves Grégoire and dancing, but I think she misses being "the" star - having everyone come to see just her, and being on stage for over an hour.

So, is it enough to do what she is currently doing (and being with Grégoire)? Yes, I think it is enough for her. However, as mentioned above, as the DALS glow continues to wear off will she still have the same opportunities? Also as mentioned above there is the question of whether Grégoire will be happy?

She has been around long enough now that she has a certain status in France, but she still has to continue to do new "projects" from time to time in order to remain relevant.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I realize coming up with a good album is the search for the Holy Grail, but if that did come about, I think the two of them would love working together on the resulting videos/tour.

Another more believable thing that could come about early next year is the possibility of both of them being in Les Enfoires. It's a show for charity. I think any celebrity can participate. I know athletes have. Of course DALS will take precedence which "for me" is unfortunate.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Another more believable thing that could come about early next year is the possibility of both of them being in Les Enfoires...
Only my opinion, but to see Greg in Les Enfoires is the last thing I would like to see.

Last edited by Lucas; 06-21-2015 at 02:38 PM..
Old 03-06-2019, 03:10 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Here's How Much Money A Hit Song Makes An Artist

The question was debated some time ago, what was Alizee worth? Now the question is, Can any of Alizee's songs be considered a hit in the world market? If so, she could be worth a million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rQnC_jp7c

Old 03-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I was amazed that Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" earns her 60 million a year in royalties, for just one song! That song is an anomaly though, as I hear it in holiday movies and everywhere else during Christmas. Artists make royalties from views on YouTube, sharing ad revenues, so maybe that is one of the reasons why Alizee's official videos were re-released last year.

But still, most articles I read on musical artists show that most struggle. Maybe Alizee continues to earn royalties from Moi Lolita. Maybe she makes income from her albums still selling on iTunes. I would like to think that Alizee has money socked away from her earlier years, where she certainly would be worth at least a million. Somehow, I have my doubts though. Her last three albums bombed in sales and she quit singing. Who knows how much she had to invest in those albums with little return? Would she quit singing if it made her a millionaire?

Her and Greg seem to be doing pretty good though. They seem to travel a good amount.