Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-04-2011, 03:02 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Wow, you said what I was about to word for word.

She did a good performance but it is very clear people have not moved on or just can't. She is making a big sacrifice by doing those two songs with similar choreography. Fans of the 2003 Alizée should feel lucky.
At the same time it is a good move for her. She is beginning to get traction as an adult in French entertainment. The more she is seen the better.

She was careful not to replicate the old dance - she clearly showed that she was an adult now, and clearly in control. I thought the 10 adult dancers, and especially the V shape, really showed her to be a confident adult that was clearly in command of the stage.

I think that she has finally realized that Mylene aimed her in a general direction where her talents really let her shine. She tried running away from the "image" Mylene created for her, and ended up also moving away from what was for her a winning formula. She is a performer, not just a singer - she had to remember this. There are better singers out there, but not better performers. It is the complete package that is Alizée's stregnth. I believe she has now realized this.

2012 looks to be a fun year.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
At the same time it is a good move for her. She is beginning to get traction as an adult in French entertainment. The more she is seen the better.

She was careful not to replicate the old dance - she clearly showed that she was an adult now, and clearly in control. I thought the 10 adult dancers, and especially the V shape, really showed her to be a confident adult that was clearly in command of the stage.

I think that she has finally realized that Mylene aimed her in a general direction where her talents really let her shine. She tried running away from the "image" Mylene created for her, and ended up also moving away from what was for her a winning formula. She is a performer, not just a singer - she had to remember this. There are better singers out there, but not better performers. It is the complete package that is Alizée's stregnth. I believe she has now realized this.

2012 looks to be a fun year.

I agree with this. The more appearances she makes inbetween now and an album release the less time she has to fall out of view. Like the hiatus between 2004 and 2007, which really lost a lot of fans and media attention.

Clearly she is in the public domain now, as you can tell from the fact she was voted number 2 in FHM france's 100 sexiest women, above carla bruni etc. Clearly people know of her and who she is, if she keeps making appearances in various forms of media, she will have better publicity for her next album and potentially more fans to start with.

And she also replicated the dances BUT not the more saucy parts of J'en Ai Marre, which we all expected we would not see anyway or any of the turns etc of J'ai Pas Vingt Ans. Replicated them in a way that does not go too close to her earlier Lolita days, which is a great step forward imo.